Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2022, 06:38 AM

62,999 posts, read 29,178,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
This is one of the most ludicrous takes about women's rights to be in charge of their own bodies.

But I can see a future where it doesn't stop there. Let's say our birth rate decline becomes a real crisis for humanity. Perhaps we can then deem all women's reproductive abilities national security concerns and force them to make babies. Sure it sounds a bit far fetched but hey, men are physically powerful and we have historically done much worse. It could happen.

If you're a women, you should fight hard to keep this right. Just a suggestion. Or side with your powerful man and just follow his lead.
What is ludicrous about the truth? A woman is in charge of her own body prior to engaging in sex. Why should a woman who refused to use birth contol properly and/or insist that her partner does to have the right to kill her own baby?

Old 05-15-2022, 06:42 AM

9,467 posts, read 5,237,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
There are reasons it might take a while. Maybe she doesn't even realize she is pregnant for 6 weeks. Another aspect I haven't seen discussed here is that it has become harder or women to access abortion providers because of the number of clinics that have closed due to unreasonable regulations or other reasons. This has already been exacerbated with Texas residents taking up spots in other states. So women are having to wait until they can actually get an appointment.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...t-an-abortion/
https://www.kgw.com/article/news/hea...6-0a08a410cfbd
Stop. You're in Massachusetts .... you probably have a PP on every other corner. And your assessment about clinics closing due to unreasonable regulations, etc, is just that - your OPINION.

So, women have to wait huh? Well, they should have thought about it. The 7 Ps.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:57 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Boys don't get pregnant, duh. This is about woman, girls getting raped and not seeing a doctor for a potential pregnancy.
Her point was about why rapes are often not reported right away, or not at all. You might want to re-read that.

Boys are raped too. It is a parallel situation. They also do not report.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:02 AM

5,654 posts, read 6,224,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Stop. You're in Massachusetts .... you probably have a PP on every other corner. And your assessment about clinics closing due to unreasonable regulations, etc, is just that - your OPINION.

You are right, I live in Massachusetts so the chance that access is cut back here is slim to none. But I cannot have children anymore so this isn't an issue that is going to impact me directly regardless.

But I haven't always lived in Massachusetts. I've also lived in Florida and Texas, among other states.

The regulations I was thinking of specifically are those that require abortion providers to have admitting privileges in states where clinics performing more invasive procedures don't need them. That's an example.

https://www.guttmacher.org/state-pol...tion-providers

https://www.aclu.org/issues/reproduc...inics-standing

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/29/healt...rnd/index.html

https://www.vice.com/en/article/paz4...on-clinic-left

https://www.kcur.org/health/2019-02-...ted-legal-case

Old 05-15-2022, 07:02 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Most say viability is 24 weeks when survival is over 50 percent. An average of 28 percent survival rate at 21 weeks is your benchmark not necessarily the medical fields assessment. I don’t think one should abort a healthy baby once it viable. With that said I’m not comfortable getting in between a woman’s pregnancy. Yes I did see pics btw
Unless the mother’s life is in danger, killing a healthy baby that is viable for convenience is unconscionable. I find this even more extreme than the 8 week cutoff some states have implemented for abortion.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:07 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post

The closing of planned parenthood and similar clinics in Texas and other states is not her opinion. This has been in the news over the past couple of years.

IIRC there was a law passed that the clinic doctors had to have medical privileges at a nearby hospital. Many did not have such privileges because their specialties didn't require it or there was no hospital near the clinic. There was another law that required clinics to meet the standards of a surgical center, even though they did no surgery, only gave out morning after pills and abortion pills.

Even people in other states follow the news in the anti-abortion states.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:17 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Most say viability is 24 weeks when survival is over 50 percent. An average of 28 percent survival rate at 21 weeks is your benchmark not necessarily the medical fields assessment. I don’t think one should abort a healthy baby once it viable. With that said I’m not comfortable getting in between a woman’s pregnancy. Yes I did see pics btw
Nice to see you admit that’s a baby in there and not some nonsensical label. It’s a baby from the time of conception. If the mother wants to kill it she should own it.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:21 AM

18,420 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Nice to see you admit that’s a baby in there and not some nonsensical label. It’s a baby from the time of conception. If the mother wants to kill it she should own it.
Women do “own it”. Women know what pregnancy is.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:33 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Women do “own it”. Women know what pregnancy is.
But it’s sickening to see people refuse to admit that’s a baby. It’s human from conception. Anyone with a functional brain knows it.

Mankind with all our technology cannot begin to grasp the miracle of conception or life. I cannot believe we are still having this discussion at this point. No wonder western civilization is dying. Abortion is just one of the symptoms.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:34 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Unless the mother’s life is in danger, killing a healthy baby that is viable for convenience is unconscionable. I find this even more extreme than the 8 week cutoff some states have implemented for abortion.
I wonder how many here know of an abortion that was performed on a healthy viable baby. I can't imagine a mother or doctor allowing that to be done just for the fun of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies