Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2022, 10:41 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,333,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
"
Some of them firebombed an anti-abortion clinic. I've seen footage of pro-abortion demonstrators assaulting cops and others deliberately spitting in the face of a pro-life demonstrator who had engaged in no violence, whether physical or verbal. Churches have been desecrated and church services disturbed. Thankfully, in one service, parishioners stood up and forced out the leftist agitators/invaders".

Do you have links to any of this violence? How recent are these videos you have seen?

What is an anti-abortion clinic?

Links to these church incidents?
I misspoke; it wasn't an "anti abortion clinic," but rather, a well-known pro-life organization known as Wisconsin Family Action. An office was firebombed, with a pro-abortion group known as "Jane's Revenge" claiming responsibility.

As of Monday, May 9, no arrests had been made. According to the URL just before this sentence, the inscription "If abortions aren't safe then you aren't either" was written on a building near the actual office which was attacked.

Wisconsin Family Action is a Christian group; as such, voicemails were left, with statements like "burn little Jesus freaks, burn, burn, burn," while another said, "I'm curious if it was arson or rather the good Lord showing you an example of hell and where you belong?"

In Canada, pro-abortion people invaded a church where a pro-life group was happening and chanted very rude statements, with one being "if Mary hadn't aborted we wouldn't have this nonsense."

A church in Colorado was vandalized.

In Los Angeles, five women wearing red robes invaded a Catholic church in the middle of mass to disrupt the service with their pro-abortion message. Thankfully, a number of men (bulky as per the video - muscle matters!) as well as security had them leave at once.

As for the videos, they're all recent, but I can't find the spitting video for you. Here is a report, however, on injured LAPD officers due to objects thrown by pro-choice demonstrators.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:07 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
I misspoke; it wasn't an "anti abortion clinic," but rather, a well-known pro-life organization known as Wisconsin Family Action. An office was firebombed, with a pro-abortion group known as "Jane's Revenge" claiming responsibility.

As of Monday, May 9, no arrests had been made. According to the URL just before this sentence, the inscription "If abortions aren't safe then you aren't either" was written on a building near the actual office which was attacked.

Wisconsin Family Action is a Christian group; as such, voicemails were left, with statements like "burn little Jesus freaks, burn, burn, burn," while another said, "I'm curious if it was arson or rather the good Lord showing you an example of hell and where you belong?"

In Canada, pro-abortion people invaded a church where a pro-life group was happening and chanted very rude statements, with one being "if Mary hadn't aborted we wouldn't have this nonsense."

A church in Colorado was vandalized.

In Los Angeles, five women wearing red robes invaded a Catholic church in the middle of mass to disrupt the service with their pro-abortion message. Thankfully, a number of men (bulky as per the video - muscle matters!) as well as security had them leave at once.

As for the videos, they're all recent, but I can't find the spitting video for you. Here is a report, however, on injured LAPD officers due to objects thrown by pro-choice demonstrators.
Thanks for the links. I do not condone the violent protests, but I do expect and support peaceful protests.

Old 05-14-2022, 11:14 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,333,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
So why aren't all the protesters on January 6 in jail. And this wasn't even a peaceful protest.
You must not be paying attention. Several have been under law enforcement custody and have been languishing; they've lost jobs/careers and are miserable while being denied due process.

But in any case, what these people are doing is illegal. You have no business supporting their actions if you believe in the rule of law.

Old 05-15-2022, 02:38 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If a woman has been the victim of incest or rape wouldn't she immediately see a doctor? Makes sense to me. Why in the world would she wait 6 weeks when she knows she might have been impregnated?
Makes sense to you? Well, that settles it then.

Have you ever been in a position where that would even be a potential issue for you? Can that ever happen to you?

I reckon all those young boys who were molested by clergy, or repeatedly raped by their uncle, for example - should have come forward immediately and reported what happened to them. I mean, makes sense no? What on earth could POSSIBLY prevent someone who’s the victim of such an intimate, taboo and heinous crime from telling a doctor about it? Or a police officer, or someone else in authority?

Why in the world indeed.

Old 05-15-2022, 03:58 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's very different. An intruder in one's home is uninvited. In 95% of unintended pregnancies, women have VOLUNTARILY participated in unprotected sex. They themselves invited a pregnancy. Since they invited it, there's no valid reason to kill the child in utero.
Given that (according to RAINN) only 310 out of 1000 sexual assaults are reported to police, I find your intractable insistence that 95% of unintended pregnancies are due to VOLUNTARILY participating in unprotected sex to be dubious at best and uninformed and purposely deceitful at worst.

There is no way to make such a statement of fact. Many girls/women likely did NOT invite it. Most rapes/coercion/assault while intoxicated/assault from a friend/boyfriend/colleague/stranger/family member/date GO UNREPORTED.

Quote:
The Majority of Sexual Assaults Are Not Reported to the Police
Only 310 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police. That means more than 2 out of 3 go unreported.

Individuals of college-age
Female Students: 20% report
Female Non-Students: 32% report
The elderly: 28% report
Members of the military: 43% of female victims and 10% of male victims reported.
I understand that not all assaults are rape, but the idea that all unintended pregnancies that are not resultant from REPORTED rape are VOLUNTARY because the sex was “invited” is simply not true. You are incapable of anything but black and white arguments here and that’s simply not how sexual behaviour and relationships work.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/cri...justice-system

Old 05-15-2022, 06:30 AM

15,442 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
So, no different, really, than the decades of anti-abortion protests where protestors screamed at women entering women's health clinics, threw items at them, burned clinics, and killed abortion providers.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:35 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,675,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A woman is fully in charge of her body prior to engaging in sex. She has full control to protect herself from an unwanted pregnancy with birth control aka birth control pills, etc. and extra re-enforecment insistiing that her partner uses a condom also.
This is one of the most ludicrous takes about women's rights to be in charge of their own bodies.

But I can see a future where it doesn't stop there. Let's say our birth rate decline becomes a real crisis for humanity. Perhaps we can then deem all women's reproductive abilities national security concerns and force them to make babies. Sure it sounds a bit far fetched but hey, men are physically powerful and we have historically done much worse. It could happen.

If you're a women, you should fight hard to keep this right. Just a suggestion. Or side with your powerful man and just follow his lead.

Old 05-15-2022, 06:36 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Makes sense to you? Well, that settles it then.

Have you ever been in a position where that would even be a potential issue for you? Can that ever happen to you?

I reckon all those young boys who were molested by clergy, or repeatedly raped by their uncle, for example - should have come forward immediately and reported what happened to them. I mean, makes sense no? What on earth could POSSIBLY prevent someone who’s the victim of such an intimate, taboo and heinous crime from telling a doctor about it? Or a police officer, or someone else in authority?

Why in the world indeed.
Boys don't get pregnant, duh. This is about woman, girls getting raped and not seeing a doctor for a potential pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies