Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2022, 10:02 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,796,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Presidential Data 2020
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._e...can_presidents
https://towardsdatascience.com/which...s-a6422c6b00d7

You continue to embarrass yourself by stating what you wish was the case, when it is in fact, not true. Above you will find other sources which demonstrate that you are woefully ignorant of the facts. There is nothing wrong in recognizing that your perspective was mistaken when presented with information that is not consistent with your view. You can take solace in that there are other things you are still wrong about, but are not yet aware of.
You continue to embarrass yourself by citing blatantly biased and sometimes false sources, when in fact, it's democrats who run on a platform of free stuff for everyone and "eat the rich" and continue to demonstrate that you are woefully biased and so far up the democrats' butts you can't see past their flowery promises of free stuff that rich people pay for, when there are exactly zero cases where that has ever succeeded.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:15 AM

3,287 posts, read 1,421,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
You continue to embarrass yourself by citing blatantly biased and sometimes false sources, when in fact, it's democrats who run on a platform of free stuff for everyone and "eat the rich" and continue to demonstrate that you are woefully biased and so far up the democrats' butts you can't see past their flowery promises of free stuff that rich people pay for, when there are exactly zero cases where that has ever succeeded.
False sources to you evidently means sources which don’t share and perpetuate your misguided and incorrect views. I am genuinely sorry the facts don’t line up with your mistaken notions of reality, but wishing things are a certain way doesn’t make it real. But because being right means so much to you, I’m going to pretend there are no facts that clearly contradict you, and just say that you have convinced me otherwise. Thank you for enlightening me.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:27 AM

8,181 posts, read 2,796,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
False sources to you evidently means sources which don’t share and perpetuate your misguided and incorrect views. I am genuinely sorry the facts don’t line up with your mistaken notions of reality, but wishing things are a certain way doesn’t make it real. But because being right means so much to you, I’m going to pretend there are no facts that clearly contradict you, and just say that you have convinced me otherwise. Thank you for enlightening me.
Today, it's Joe Biden who's pouting about his government waste boondoggle being dead in the water.

Last I checked, he was a democrat.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:49 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It's the world of the left. It's not in their DNA to just be logical and honest.
This is the same party that claims to be all about the science yet they say it’s an opinion, not a fact that abortion ends a human life. They claim that men can be women if they feel like women on the inside and they appointed a SC Justice who can not even define what a woman is. I just can’t with this nonsense. I don’t know if they realize how much they are turning away independents and moderate dems who used to be on their side until their side became so extreme.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:36 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
A woman is fully in charge of her body prior to engaging in sex. She has full control to protect herself from an unwanted pregnancy with birth control aka birth control pills, etc. and extra re-enforecment insistiing that her partner uses a condom also.
Since how people conduct their sex lives concern you so much maybe you ought to try being a chaperone or birth control coach.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:45 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwatertownie View Post
since how people conduct their sex lives concern you so much maybe you ought to try being a chaperone or birth control coach.
:d
lol

Old 05-15-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I do believe them. They’ll push for it to be a national ban. Ban birth control then dismantle LGBT rights gay marriage and interracial marriage.
Fortunately, I don't think birth control, gay marriage and interracial marriages are anywhere near as controversial as abortion. As with abortion, if you don't want to marry someone of the same sex, then don't do it. If you don't want to marry someone of a different race, then don't do it. I suspect the anti-abortion lobbies also wanting birth control banned are in the minority as well as radical. They can push it, but will be pushed back as oppressive, freedom robbing people.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:52 AM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Although rare, it does happen, abortion in the second and even third trimesters for reasons unrelated to the life of the mother or due to fetal abnormalities that would lead the baby’s death post birth. Maybe instead of saying, “well those are rare so why worry”, maybe those types of abortions could be deemed unlawful because it is the taking of a viable life and past the point of sentience and viability. Having no limits on abortion is extreme and probably plays a role in some people who are pro choice pushing back against the movement because of extremes.
I'm wondering how many people know of this type of abortion. Perhaps it has happened, and I'm sorry if that is the case. I can't imagine a mother or a doctor who would do such a thing. I think most people are aware of their responsibilities when faced with abortion. Aborting a healthy, viable baby just because would be rather ghoulish if you ask me. Even if there are no limits on abortion it doesn't mean that people are aborting perfectly healthy babies. I can't believe there is a doctor out there who would abort a healthy full-term baby just because the mother didn't want it.

Old 05-15-2022, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
But it’s sickening to see people refuse to admit that’s a baby. It’s human from conception. Anyone with a functional brain knows it.

Mankind with all our technology cannot begin to grasp the miracle of conception or life. I cannot believe we are still having this discussion at this point. No wonder western civilization is dying. Abortion is just one of the symptoms.
Realize that 40% of the women get abortions because they can't afford to take care of a new baby. How about society doing more to take care of babies? Some female politicians say they are "personally pro-life". That's easy for them to say if they always felt financially prepared to care for a baby. How about those politicians figure out what more the government can do to make more poor women "personally pro-life"?

Old 05-15-2022, 12:17 PM

3,418 posts, read 1,448,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How about society doing more to take care of babies?

How about prosecuting irresponsible females who have sex and bring children into the world who cannot afford to be mothers?

JWK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies