Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2022, 02:04 PM

3,358 posts, read 1,460,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You said you never met an open border globalist, so I referred you to normstad. Now you do.

You are welcome though
We were doing so well. Such is life.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:04 PM

52,386 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
The SPLC? LOL! They've long since stopped being a group to be admired. Back in the days of the fight for civil rights, they did good work. Now, they are smearing some decent groups just because they don't agree with their stances.

The only ties FAIR and some other groups have that were questionable was to Dr. John Tanton. He gave groups like FAIR seed money but also stipulated that they didn't have to agree with his beliefs.

Shocking that you would take the SPLC seriously these days.

splcexposed.com – splcexposed.com

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/2022301001/

Don't like those links? Do your own research. The above links are only a small sampling of what is out there regarding the SPLC.
The SPLC and the ACLU have both gone to lefty land of crap.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
WVNomad, you might be interested in reading my experience living in a place with heavy illegal migration. My post doesn't cover all aspects of this problem, such as language, services, and the school nightmare, but it's a fair indication of how an average border state person can be affected.

Sorry, can anyone help me? I'm not able to transfer my post to this location. It's post #31 under the "Undocumented migrants are frustrated with Biden on reforms as Build Back Better stalls" thread.
I live in south Texas.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:09 PM

1,719 posts, read 737,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
I live in south Texas.
If you truly live in south Texas, you're very fortunate if you haven't gone through my, and many other's, experience with illegal migration. Did you read the post I mentioned (sorry I didn't know how to attach it directly to this thread)?

Old 05-23-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
We don't have that now and illegals have been swarming into this country for decades.
Is this a new turn of events that they will be as educated and wealthy as Americans ? Because the past says, no they won't.
Well actually we do have that. I’m not suggesting it is universal, but the data absolutely show relatively few differences (economically, culturally—-family size/language spoken, educationally, etc.) between 3rd generation of immigrant individuals and all other Americans. Your personal observations may be different, but the broad survey data on the issue is clear.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonite View Post
If you truly live in south Texas, you're very fortunate if you haven't gone through my, and many other's, experience with illegal migration. Did you read the post I mentioned (sorry I didn't know how to attach it directly to this thread)?
Smack dab in the middle of area code 210. But what do I know…some folks say I mean well. ****ing patronizing as hell.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Per the bolded --- That's why no one should take you seriously. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

On one hand, you're demanding that the US keep all the illegals plus encourage more to come here. Also, you want to increase legal immigration. Then OTOH you are whining about the growth in Toronto and fretting over a proposed turnpike in FL.

You can't have it both ways. BTW, once again how many people in Canada or the US will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion?
How do you spell h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e?

Some speak with a forked tongue.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Smack dab in the middle of area code 210. But what do I know…some folks say I mean well. ****ing patronizing as hell.
Sorry, but I don't know what you mean.

Old 05-23-2022, 02:15 PM

14,245 posts, read 4,623,858 times
Quote:
Per the bolded --- That's why no one should take you seriously. You talk out of both sides of your mouth.

On one hand, you're demanding that the US keep all the illegals plus encourage more to come here. Also, you want to increase legal immigration. Then OTOH you are whining about the growth in Toronto and fretting over a proposed turnpike in FL.

You can't have it both ways. BTW, once again how many people in Canada or the US will be too many for you? 1 billion? 2 billion?
Funny thing is Canadian immigration system is based on "points"
So they give you points if you have a college education, job experience, age, and language proficiency. You have to meet minimum points requirement if you want to migrate to Canada.

and here we have a Canadian normstad on his high horse telling Americans that we should take everybody in the world regardless of their qualifications.

NIMBY at the finest

Old 05-23-2022, 02:21 PM

22,515 posts, read 12,068,835 times
Quote:
There’s a lot of space for negotiation between 55,000 and 4 billion. I don’t know anyone who is serious about immigration reform who would propose a ceiling of 4 billion people. I would think the US could easily absorb up to 1 million people per year…maybe a bit more, maybe a bit less.
You do realize that allowing 1 million legal immigrants per year is not sustainable in the long run. Since 1965, we have brought in a total of 50 million legal immigrants and millions of illegal aliens. We don't have unlimited potable water. Nor do we have unlimited buildable land. Have you seen what Lake Mead is like lately? Meanwhile, all the areas that depend on it for their potable water haven't slowed down their pace when it comes to building more residences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies