Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will you be watching the House January 6 Committee hearing?
YES-WATCHING 70 24.56%
NO-NOT WATCHING 215 75.44%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2022, 09:38 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,948,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So is not reporting? O.K. He went to her to chat because that's what S.S agents do, chat and violated an oath to report an incident in the car that had NOTHING to do with her or her job. OK
I don’t know why you’re arguing with me about it. Her testimony was that she heard him say those things, with Bobby Engel in the room. If she didn’t, they can testify otherwise and she can be charged with perjury.

I don’t know either their or she’s motivation nor whether they did or didn’t.

Looking forward to their testimony. All their testimony.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I believe the Beast is setup differently on the inside, what she said couldn't have happened that way in the Beast, with the thick glass partition.
The partition can be lowered by the President, by all accounts.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:42 PM

473 posts, read 237,080 times
Allegedly is the key word here lol, I have been reading on the news sites and forum sites, leftist, democrats, viewers comments he did, not allegedly. So President Trump allegedly moved from his back seat, to the front seat and grabbed the steering wheel and assaulted this agent, by grabbing him by the neck, and the driver did not loose control of the limo and did not crash into anything, :rofl: lol again.

There is only one explanation for this, lol:
https://twitter.com/alexbruesewitz/s...timony-n585882

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022...timony-n585882

Where is My Popcorn with Butter and Salt and a few Beers to the leftist, Democrats, anti Trump, Political Kangaroo Court Show?

Last edited by Miami Shores; 06-28-2022 at 10:00 PM..

Old 06-28-2022, 09:43 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
but the hearing can use hearsay. LOL
“Hearsay” under oath, where the agents will be soon to either refute her or confirm her testimony. I have a feeling you may not like the results.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:44 PM

Quote:
why didn't they call the Secret Agents in the 1st and 2nd impeachments or the Russian gate? They are with the President 24/7. Make them take the oath. That's their job to chat with lower level employees about their job and details with people that don't need to know.
Perhaps it is highly unusual for them to testify against the person they’re protecting.

I don’t know.

Anyway, the source says they’re willing to come forward, not that they’re being called. Of course that hadn’t actually happened yet. But I hope it does. Once they’re under oath, they’ll have to answer to all of what they witnessed. You may or may not want that. We’ll see.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:46 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I don’t know why you’re arguing with me about it. Her testimony was that she heard him say those things, with Bobby Engel in the room. If she didn’t, they can testify otherwise and she can be charged with perjury.

I don’t know either their or she’s motivation nor whether they did or didn’t.

Looking forward to their testimony. All their testimony.

But let's go back to the original topic. Why put her on as a witness if they haven't got the statements from the people that actual were with the President? Why they need to call them now. Should they have verify this before calling her? If it's true, they don't need a hearsay that wasn't there, they have direct witnesses.

Secret Service lead and presidential driver are prepared to testify under oath that Trump did NOT grab steering wheel or lunge at agents to drive himself to Capitol on January 6.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-wheel.html

Pelosi has to clear this or the whole hearing is really a Kangaroo court.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:47 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,876,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
“Hearsay” under oath, where the agents will be soon to either refute her or confirm her testimony. I have a feeling you may not like the results.
Exactly. This is the groundwork for the subpoenas which will corroborate the story (or not.)

Old 06-28-2022, 09:49 PM

Quote:
But let's go back to the original topic. Why put her on as a witness if they haven't got the statements from the people that actual were with the President? Why they need to call them now. Should they have verify this before calling her? If it's true, they don't need a hearsay that wasn't there, they have direct witnesses.

Secret Service lead and presidential driver are prepared to testify under oath that Trump did NOT grab steering wheel or lunge at agents to drive himself to Capitol on January 6.

I agree this needs clarification. I do not agree that it nullifies the entire hearing. They aren’t disputing anything else. Or, at least I haven’t seen it if they are.

And they aren’t calling them - they have apparently decided to come forward. Allegedly. That hasn’t actually happened yet.

ETA - according to your link, the SS will respond to the testimony on the record, as they have been cooperating with the committee since 2021.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:55 PM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Perhaps it is highly unusual for them to testify against the person they’re protecting.

I don’t know.

Anyway, the source says they’re willing to come forward, not that they’re being called. Of course that hadn’t actually happened yet. But I hope it does. Once they’re under oath, they’ll have to answer to all of what they witnessed. You may or may not want that. We’ll see.

They are not supposed to talk about anything about their job to anybody except their superiors. That's not how Secret Agent works. Just like Navy Seals and the Special units in the military. They don't talk to anyone about their jobs only to their superiors. They don't go chatting to lower ranks about their job in the galley or gym. I doubt her story.

Old 06-28-2022, 09:58 PM

592 posts, read 502,286 times
Quote:

I would give credence to what someone says under oath more than a newspaper article. The best example are the Trump officials who when under oath contradicted what they were saying in faux.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.