Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2022, 02:04 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Why do people keep saying that she could have legally had an abortion in Ohio? She was over 6wks and her life was not in immediate danger.
Are you freaking kidding me. She’s 10 - her life is considered in danger based on that alone. Ten year olds are not meant to be pregnant and all pregnancies in children below the age of 14 are considered extremely high risk for both infant and maternal mortality.

Ohio’s attorney general said she could have legally gotten one. I would assume of all the people in the world his assessment of her ability to get an abortion in his state would be the most reliable.

Let go of your agenda.

2,419 posts, read 2,989,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
I don't believe Dems should use this case as their talking point.
It's not he said, she said. A 10 year old girl was raped. No one is disputing that. Doctors in OH did not feel comfortable with the legality of doing an abortion. Even if you later determine that an abortion could have been done in OH, that doesn't change the fact that it was not clearly written in the law. This is a perfect talking point. Should a 10 year old rape victim be allowed to get an abortion? It's that simple. And a lot of people would say no.

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNRFan View Post
Democrats cry about "misinformation" however they are the top purveyors of misinformation.
Hello.
they were the ones reporting this.
the republicans were in denial. Never happened. Totally made up. Its all a lie.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:06 PM

24 posts, read 13,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Hello.
Greetings,
I don't believe you. Deflect deflect whataboutism deflect. Got it

Old 07-13-2022, 02:08 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,255,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNRFan View Post
Greetings,
I don't believe you. Deflect deflect whataboutism deflect. Got it
Read through the thread.

Even the thread title calls it a fake story. Look up, its in bold at the top of the page. Just scroll up.
What's not to believe.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:08 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,596,615 times
Quote:
Hello.
But the arrest doesn't necessarily make the whole story true. It just proves that some undocumented guy raped a 10 year old. The issue is whether she became pregnant and was then denied an abortion because of Ohio law.
Moderators for US and World Forums

Old 07-13-2022, 02:09 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
I'm not going around and checking with my states' AG. I'm getting it done in the fastest easiest way.
Go to a competent doctor. The abortion would have been legal in OH. No need to go to IN.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:10 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
You think CPS always gives you the right answer? HAHAHA
CPS is very corrupt. I don't believe much coming out of them.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:10 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,639,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Read OH's law yourself. It specifically allows abortion in the event of a threat to the mother's health. Any MD would have signed off on the fact that carrying a pregnancy to term is a physical threat to a 10 year old girl's health.
The law says:

Quote:
Abortion is banned at six weeks of pregnancy, except in cases of life endangerment or severely compromised physical health.
Certainly being pregnant was not in her best interest, but was her physical health "severely compromised"? What exactly does that mean? The law does not say.

Also, the words "rape" and "incest" do not appear in the above quote.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:11 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,510,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Are you freaking kidding me. She’s 10 - her life is considered in danger based on that alone. Ten year olds are not meant to be pregnant and all pregnancies in children below the age of 14 are considered extremely high risk for both infant and maternal mortality.

Ohio’s attorney general said she could have legally gotten one. I would assume of all the people in the world his assessment of her ability to get an abortion in his state would be the most reliable.

Let go of your agenda.
That's for sure. And from what I've read, he raped her more than once. Maybe they were "dating". The entire thing is totally nauseating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies