Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
But that’s markets doing what they do. We can’t blame that. It’s only the Democrats fault. Even though they are doing literally nothing for working people and just letting corporate America do what it wants.
So you want government to make more laws. Can you really call yourself a conservative?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2022, 09:18 AM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Except the illegals are hired by Republicans who are being depicted as little angels praying on the side rails while the left burns the house down. Keep drinking that delusional cool aide. Now your going to try to tell me the greedy are all on left? Rotfl
The support for and hiring of illegals is entirely bi-partisan in nature.

They're all over the country working in meat packing plants, agriculture, in the kitchen of a big city restaurant, cleaning hotel rooms, construction, lawn work....they're everywhere.

P.S. I'm sure they're in other types of jobs too but predominantly they're in labor roles.

Old 07-24-2022, 09:29 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,884,538 times
No problem in Europe only in Dementia Joe's country

Old 07-24-2022, 01:48 PM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
As far as your claim about drilling permits:

And how in the world did they "bring 4 million people in"

Since Biden was elected there haven't been 4 million border encounters, let alone 4 million people allowed into the US. https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...der-encounters
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...der-encounters

I read that as 1,734,686 encounters in 2021, and 1,746,119 encounters for 2022 through June. And that’s just encounters. It doesn’t include gotaways. And I’m not sure what encounters means. It’s no longer preventing them from coming. It’s give them a number to call for a court date.

We can’t control our side but the cartels control every single inch of the southern part of the border. No one gets through without paying the cartels or they will kill them. And they even put different color wrist bands on the crossers denoting to the people on the other side how much they still owe to the cartels. So they are sent all over the country with work to do for the cartels - carrying fentanyl or sex work or some other type of slavery or extortion so they and their families don’t get killed.

There is some real human misery happening down there and the New York and DC mayors are crying about a couple of thousand? In their mind tiny Eagle Pass and all these other small border towns should suck it up and shelter these people but it’s a massive crisis for large cities to deal with it.

Biden might be permitting leases but he’s keeping the access to capital funding and signaling to the world that he has no interest in longterm investment in that industry, which has to think of projects in terms of years, not months. The cost of oil increased on the global market after Election Day 2020, signaling their fears of a Biden presidency on the impact on energy prices.

Old 07-24-2022, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
The US typically admits 1 million immigrants legally each year. There were just under 2 million encounters with illegals last year, and as many this year already (with a quarter of the year to go). Some studies show we only catch 20% to 40% of illegal crossings historically. The Biden administration simply releases enormous numbers of the apprehended into the US interior, and often in the dead of night to avoid press. Of those released on the 'honor system' to show up to a court data, the overwhelming majority do not and their whereabouts are simply declared unknown. If anything, the 4 million figure is almost certainly an undercount.
Yes it is an undercount, just like the 11 million illegal immigrants numbers that remained static for years was an undercount, by several million.

Old 07-24-2022, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I was playing Devil's Advocate. I really don't think Americans are losing out because of immigrants.

I do believe that many immigrants -- legal and illegal have a strong work ethic. I do not think the immigrants who risk their lives to get into the USA are inclined to think they can milk the system.

My exposure to immigrants who may not have status, they don't want to go on record for handouts -- sometimes not even from charities. They don't want to be on record for fear of being deported.

We saw it at our church -- cash only and they didn't want to register as parishioners because they were afraid it would be given to the government. They didn't say that directly -- but it was understood and well known.
You really don’t know anything about this issue, but to claim that open borders is no problem is very wrong. I wonder why your home country doesn’t have open borders?

Old 07-24-2022, 02:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But we’re told climate change, January 6th and the war in Ukraine are the real issues troubling the average American family
Naw, Democrats have warned yall about NIMBY organizations for decades. no matter how you feel about Dems, the above is on your guys.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:44 PM

78,448 posts, read 60,652,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Naw, Democrats have warned yall about NIMBY organizations for decades. no matter how you feel about Dems, the above is on your guys.
How is the war on Ukraine the fault of the Republicans? They were invaded under Obama and Biden?

You just try to loudly fart in an elevator and point to the dude standing way at the far side of it. You're really not fooling anyone.

Old 07-24-2022, 04:54 PM

1,884 posts, read 1,004,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
How is the war on Ukraine the fault of the Republicans? They were invaded under Obama and Biden?

You just try to loudly fart in an elevator and point to the dude standing way at the far side of it. You're really not fooling anyone.
I don't think that's what they're saying. They're replying to a reply to
my post, in which I said that the housing market ballooning is largely the fault of large orgs buying up the USA. Dsjj mentioned NIMBYism, which is another side of gentrification/rent increase, mainly by restricting the supply of housing and probably other, more crafty legislation.

Old 07-24-2022, 05:10 PM

6,031 posts, read 3,749,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I can't rep you again yet, but the open borders is costing us Billions that could be going to our urban Americans to help them get over the hump.
Here's a novel idea. Why don't all those people who are about to be evicted from their apartments go out and get one of the millions of jobs that are begging for workers???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies