Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 10:53 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You mean, like Nicaragua or Guatemala?

End game-immigrants should bring something that is a positive for America to be allowed to immigrate. Special skills we need. A business that will employ American citizens. A large amount of money at a minimum to ensure they aren't a drain on the American taxpayers. Education and mastery of the English language.
This is already on the books. It’s states clearly you can’t come here with out means or education etc. Or a sponsor, during the petitions. In any case most Central/ South Americans are worker bees from youth. Not to work is a sin to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2022, 11:25 AM

15,440 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's just another incentive for illegals to come here. There are 17 states that allow DL for illegal aliens and guess what? They are all Democrat states! Calif. is pushing for healthcare for illegal aliens to. They get all kinds of taxpayer paid goodies via their anchor babies to. Remove all the incentives for them to come here and to remain here and we would have illegal immigration down to a trickle. It would take the cooperation of the Democrats though and they won't do it!
I support giving a DL to anyone who can pass the test. If they have a DL, they can get insurance. They aren't going to disappear tomorrow, and many of them own cars and drive them.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:43 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
I support giving a DL to anyone who can pass the test. If they have a DL, they can get insurance. They aren't going to disappear tomorrow, and many of them own cars and drive them.
Illegals are here in violation of our immigration laws and the only thing they deserve is deportation back to their own countries! Giving them DL's just enables them to remain here. WTH is wrong with you???????

Old 09-04-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
This is already on the books. It’s states clearly you can’t come here with out means or education etc. Or a sponsor, during the petitions. In any case most Central/ South Americans are worker bees from youth. Not to work is a sin to them.
Are those the same rules that border jumpers abide by? No one has the right to work here illegally does that just fly right over your head?

Old 09-04-2022, 11:46 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
The Immigration Act of 1965 killed our country. Ted Kennedy and Dean Rusk, Democrats of course, lied to us all, they said that this bill (Hart Celler Act) would not change the fabric of our country. They either straight up lied or were incompetent, take your pick.

Ted Kennedy on the floor of the Senate, “Our cities will not be flooded with immigrants…”. What a piece of work he was.

They vastly underestimated chain migration. Or they knew what would happen, but figured they’d be long in the grave by the time it got really bad in our country.

I’ll bet you that if every voter back in 1964 had a glimpse of what was to come of our country, they would’ve rioted in the streets to stop it.

Multiculturalism does not work. Calling me a racist for posting that doesn’t change the fact that it does not work.
Yup. Diversity is far from a strength. The country would have been much better off without the immigration act of ‘65 when it was about 90% white. Diversity is a burden to any society. Why is it only white countries that they push this “diversity” on? Racism smacism.

The U.S. is turning into a 3rd world s’hole. Plenty of violent crime, illegals, homeless……..how wonderful.

Old 09-04-2022, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Oh, because, Cuba is.... communist. Non-violent communist, but communist. Haiti, El Salvador, Nicaragua etc. are not, so the Cuban is a "better class of refugee". Unlike those that come from those violent countries.

After all, a political refugee is more important than one fearing for their lives. Right?
Rarely are any of those from south of our border fleeing for their lives. They are coming here to take jobs, taxes and resources from Americans. Why are you constantly in denial of the truth? When are you going to start posting on the Mexican forum instead of here since you have a vacation home there and not here anymore?

Old 09-04-2022, 11:57 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,835,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
https://www.businessinsider.com/12-g...o-a-war-zone-2

https://law.jrank.org/pages/11948/Or...nic-gangs.html

https://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/

https://hiphopdatabase.fandom.com/wi...Angeles_County

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FY4wGKm3EhQ

Should I continue?

Old 09-04-2022, 01:16 PM

15,440 posts, read 7,506,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals are here in violation of our immigration laws and the only thing they deserve is deportation back to their own countries! Giving them DL's just enables them to remain here. WTH is wrong with you???????
There's nothing wrong with me. I'm a pragmatist, and realize that there's no way that 11 million people are going to be deported. Many of them are going to drive. Data I've seen says that nearly all of them driving without a license would get a license and buy insurance if they could. That helps everyone.

If it were up to me, I would consider amnesty for anyone who can prove they've been gainfully employed, don't have any criminal history worse than traffic tickets or public intoxication, and would do the same with DACA eligible people as well. I believe they all contribute to the country, and are much like my ancestors who kept moving until they got to Texas, always looking for a better life. I appreciate people who work hard, stay out of trouble, and contribute.

Old 09-04-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
There's nothing wrong with me. I'm a pragmatist, and realize that there's no way that 11 million people are going to be deported. Many of them are going to drive. Data I've seen says that nearly all of them driving without a license would get a license and buy insurance if they could. That helps everyone.

If it were up to me, I would consider amnesty for anyone who can prove they've been gainfully employed, don't have any criminal history worse than traffic tickets or public intoxication, and would do the same with DACA eligible people as well. I believe they all contribute to the country, and are much like my ancestors who kept moving until they got to Texas, always looking for a better life. I appreciate people who work hard, stay out of trouble, and contribute.
It doesn't matter because the bottom line is you are defending them being here and that's what is anti-American! Why would you reward them with amnesty? What makes you think that we need millions of poor, unskilled and uneducated in our country? They have taken jobs from Americans how do they get them back with an amnesty? Are you not aware that they commit felony ID theft and tax evasion and you want to reward that behavior? Is that what you call staying out of troube? Working hard is an excuse to break the law? Again you make no sense!

No, they are a net negative to our economy. Why do you keep repeating that lie? Did your ancestors come here legally or illegally? Which was it? Legal immigration is acceptable illegal immigration is not and no one has the right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others that doesn't belong to them! Rewarding the DACAs just sends a message that all you have to do is smuggle your kids over our border and they are home free. I have asked you several questions that you have ignored why is that? Yes, there is definately something wrong with you! You have a vested interest in illegal immigration and it is self-serving and selfish and anti-American!

Old 09-04-2022, 02:44 PM

6,749 posts, read 6,738,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Canada has more of an immigration system like this. Smart.
But they’ve also got to make up for a huge brain drain to the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies