Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will your next vehicle purchase be an electric vehicle?
No - I'm sticking with gas powered 144 78.26%
Yes, I prefer the electric vehicle 24 13.04%
Other type powered vehicle 11 5.98%
I don't drive 5 2.72%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 02:30 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,131,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Can we first get those prices to come down?

I mean, I can get a Lexus SUV for the price of one of those EVs.
And that Lexus SUV will be on the road long after the batteries in the glorified golf cart need to be replaced. What's service life and price of battery replacement in these Ebuckets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 02:31 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,154,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Yeah, a price for one of these glorified golf carts does attract individuals who actually believe these are a status symbol of self greatness.
Not a status symbol, simply a car that is well designed to suit a life that revolves around the suburbs. There's nothing wrong with owning an electric vehicle. They perform well for people who don't need to drive long distances and who also have solar panels. I don't own one yet because my current vehicle has many years to go before it's done, but I will likely buy an EV in the future because they were pretty much designed for someone like me.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:39 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Not a status symbol, simply a car that is well designed to suit a life that revolves around the suburbs. There's nothing wrong with owning an electric vehicle. They perform well for people who don't need to drive long distances and who also have solar panels. I don't own one yet because my current vehicle has many years to go before it's done, but I will likely buy an EV in the future because they were pretty much designed for someone like me.
It seems that poster considers his gas truck an extension of his manhood. Which is fine we all have our reasons.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:46 PM
SyZ

151 posts, read 139,727 times
Would love to be able to get an EV minivan for our family as our next purchase, but

1) They don't seem to exist,
2) Car prices in general are heavily inflated right now,
3) We won't need this for another 1-2 years,
4) Would prefer a 300+ driving range to be able to get to our relatives in the boonies and back without needing a charge

Old 09-22-2022, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1065 View Post
Reality check - it's a piece of feces. I've been in one. It's got a big computer screen that shows you animation of what is around the car. Designed for those who rather stick their faces to a computer screen and not out the front window. For those who can't make decisions on their own, like when to stop, how to park, etc. etc. Has a sound effect that can be programed so when someone sits down inside a fart sound comes out of the sound system. That's really handy, program it to "fart" when you get into an accident.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Reality check - it's a piece of feces. I've been in one. It's got a big computer screen that shows you animation of what is around the car. Designed for those who rather stick their faces to a computer screen and not out the front window. For those who can't make decisions on their own, like when to stop, how to park, etc. etc. Has a sound effect that can be programed so when someone sits down inside a fart sound comes out of the sound system. That's really handy, program it to "fart" when you get into an accident.
I wasn't planning to purchase a Tesla but good to know how you feel about them.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:57 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,403,374 times
Quote:
Those are all sound arguments, if you are 12 years old. Get over yourself. It doesn't need to be so emotionally traumatic. We are discussing cars. why so serious?

Old 09-22-2022, 03:03 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,533,686 times
I've never actually bought a new car. A few cars from Car Max or other used dealers. I imagine if I ever do buy another car, it will not be an EV. I know EVs are the future of transposition and I got no beef with that. I just don't think they are very practical at the moment.

Old 09-22-2022, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Those are all sound arguments, if you are 12 years old. Get over yourself. It doesn't need to be so emotionally traumatic. We are discussing cars. why so serious?
12 year olds would absolutely love this car. There's games that can be played on the computer screen and then that fart sound effect. Kids and clowns driving these cars. There's not a Tesla owner who hasn't pasted selfies all over social media with it.

Old 09-22-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
12 year olds would absolutely love this car. There's games that can be played on the computer screen and then that fart sound effect. Kids and clowns driving these cars.
You're referring to a Tesla. There are other EVs on the market right now and more will be available in the future. I still have ten years on my current vehicle. I'm sure I'll have lots of choices when the time comes to replace it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies