Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 08:36 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,444,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Your penchant for creating strawmen in order to win arguments that don't exist is astounding.

Out of curiosity, do you think there should be any restriction on abortion, or should abortion be allowed at any time based solely on the discretion of the pregnant woman?
No penchant or strawman. I asked another poster a question.

He said anyone who "executed" (his words) a fetus was depraved and should be dealt with accordingly. I am only asking him to clarify that. Why do you have a problem with that?

As for restrictions on abortion, I was fine with the restrictions provided by Roe v Wade.

Not so fine with the way so called pro life activists kept trying to chip away at the rights of women.

Now, given the extremist positions taken by Republicans I am inclined to favor no restrictions and to support politicians and laws that keep govt entirely out of the matter.

If sanity returns and I believe womens rights are secured, I may change my mind and support reasonable restrictions.

I have a pact with my granddaughters. That will be my guiding light.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:47 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So, can I assume that you are in favor of trying teenagers as adults and executing them in death penalty states when they have sex you don't approve of resulting in an unwanted pregnancy which they abort?
It is my view that a gestating baby (that was not a result of rape or incest, and does not threaten the life of the Mother) is viewed the same as any other child she has in her exclusive care, custody, and control....with neglect or harm dealt with as would be for any other child.
Whatever penalties the law provided for neglect/harm/death would apply...whatever they may be.

The SCOTUS just rejected hearing a "Personhood" case.
I believe they will take one up in the future...after the next election.
I hope they rule that a gestating human has the same "Personhood" status as a human at any stage of its existence...as it would then get all the rights and protections afforded under the Constitution.

I have no problem with teenagers having sex.

Old 10-18-2022, 08:58 PM

Quote:
No penchant or strawman. I asked another poster a question.

He said anyone who "executed" (his words) a fetus was depraved and should be dealt with accordingly. I am only asking him to clarify that. Why do you have a problem with that?

As for restrictions on abortion, I was fine with the restrictions provided by Roe v Wade.

Not so fine with the way so called pro life activists kept trying to chip away at the rights of women.

Now, given the extremist positions taken by Republicans I am inclined to favor no restrictions and to support politicians and laws that keep govt entirely out of the matter.

If sanity returns and I believe womens rights are secured, I may change my mind and support reasonable restrictions.

I have a pact with my granddaughters. That will be my guiding light.
Nobody should ever have the "right" (outside of war or in defense of self or another) to wantonly kill innocent others...including those gestating.
That is the only "sane" moral position on it, in my view.
It is my view that is most evil and depraved act possible...and only the lowest of the low would view it otherwise.

Old 10-18-2022, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It is my view that a gestating baby (that was not a result of rape or incest, and does not threaten the life of the Mother) is viewed the same as any other child she has in her exclusive care, custody, and control....with neglect or harm dealt with as would be for any other child.
Whatever penalties the law provided for neglect/harm/death would apply...whatever they may be.

The SCOTUS just rejected hearing a "Personhood" case.
I believe they will take one up in the future...after the next election.
I hope they rule that a gestating human has the same "Personhood" status as a human at any stage of its existence...as it would then get all the rights and protections afforded under the Constitution.

I have no problem with teenagers having sex.
So you have no problem with teenagers having sex, but if they have an unwanted pregnancy and abort you are ok with executing them if a death penalty state prohibiting abortion tries them as adults and executes them.

Gotcha.

How many Americans have you persuaded to that point of view lately?

Old 10-18-2022, 09:29 PM

Quote:
So you have no problem with teenagers having sex, but if they have an unwanted pregnancy and abort you are ok with executing them if a death penalty state prohibiting abortion tries them as adults and executes them.

Gotcha.

How many Americans have you persuaded to that point of view lately?
I do not endeavor to persuade the agreement of evil, depraved people. That is typically a study in futility.
Those that find it acceptable to wantonly kill innocent others (including the gestating) are evil & depraved in my view.
The law should hold them to whatever account it provides for.
I do believe that will be the future status.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:09 PM

Quote:
I do not endeavor to persuade the agreement of evil, depraved people. That is typically a study in futility.
Those that find it acceptable to wantonly kill innocent others (including the gestating) are evil & depraved in my view.
The law should hold them to whatever account it provides for.
I do believe that will be the future status.
Pretty sure the majority of Americans(and indeed most of the world's population) would find the view that teenagers should be executed for aborting an unwanted pregnancy is beyond depraved and evil.......and in fact insane.

You might find some like minded human fellowship in Iraq or third world African countries.

Have a nice evening. I appreciate your honesty no matter how revolting I find your views and your judgement of your fellow human beings.

To those listening, this is why extremists need to be voted out of office.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure the majority of Americans(and indeed most of the world's population) would find the view that teenagers should be executed for aborting an unwanted pregnancy is beyond depraved and evil.......and in fact insane.

You might find some like minded human fellowship in Iraq or third world African countries.

Have a nice evening. I appreciate your honesty no matter how revolting I find your views and your judgement of your fellow human beings.

To those listening, this is why extremists need to be voted out of office.
So......
**Killing babies: Acceptable & even protected as a "right".

**Punishing people for killing babies: Extremist & insane.

I often wonder where and how the moral fabric of the society devolved to such a degree that this type of heinous and degenerate mindset was able to take root?

Old 10-18-2022, 10:38 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
So......
**Killing babies: Acceptable & even protected as a "right".

**Punishing people for killing babies: Extremist & insane.

I often wonder where and how the moral fabric of the society devolved to such a degree that this type of heinous and degenerate mindset was able to take root?
Abortion has always existed and always will. Making laws against it won't stop abortion.

Old 10-18-2022, 10:56 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,960,270 times
Quote:
Nobody should ever have the "right" (outside of war or in defense of self or another) to wantonly kill innocent others...including those gestating.
That is the only "sane" moral position on it, in my view.
It is my view that is most evil and depraved act possible...and only the lowest of the low would view it otherwise.
You are saying this every other post. We hear you. You can stop the repetition.

Old 10-18-2022, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Abortion has always existed and always will. Making laws against it won't stop abortion.
This was previously addressed.
You could say that about any immoral and/or evil act: They have always existed and always will.
No civilized society has ever determined that it should not have laws, ordinances, and regulations, simply because there will be inevitable noncompliance.

Here, try this:
Substitute the word "rape" (or any immoral act) for the word "abortion" in your post.
Maybe then, you will realize what a bogus argument it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies