Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 09:14 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Come again? Where are they?

Iraq happened because "he tried to kill my daddy!"

You talk like Bush has a bunch of courage or something. Bush is a draft-dodging AWOL chickenhawk who'd **** his pants if he saw anything close to actual combat. Now, before or ever.
Iraq happened because Clinton wouldn't do anything about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2008, 09:25 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
only be done to help with the transition? Transition to what exactly? Last I checked, there isnt any solar vehicles on the road..
Transition to vehicles other than straight gas engines. Electric cars and hybrids for longer trips are the most promising in the near term. We currently have the technology to cut gas consumption in half if we would just use it. Solar cars are still a ways off and hydrogen fuel cells are just a gimmick by big oil to make it look like they are actually promoting alternative fuels.

Old 05-27-2008, 09:25 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I learned to water ski at three mile Island and it dddddddidnt affffffect me none! Look we are wasting how many billions of dollars on the space program, from now on we load that nuculer waste on those shuttles and send into outer space! Think of the sunsets!! ANWR, Atlantic coast pacific coast north pole south pole colorado wyoming canada mexico, those are real solutions!!
L
I agree and like we really need to know if there's life on Mars. In an interview one guy said it would be a fun vacation!!! Vacation for who and what's the cost of entertainment. Bill Nye the Science Guy (for all that you could understand him it almost seemed like he was drunk), he said "there probably was nothing to this new adventure, but hey, what a GREAT ADVENTURE"!!

I really have no desire to see Mars, I believe the MONEY could be better spent, like drilling for oil in our own country!!

Old 05-27-2008, 09:42 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,566,366 times
What if there's oil on Mars though?

Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Everyone thought they were there. They were probably mobile and moved into Syria and Iran, it's not like he didn't have more than enough notice that the invasion was coming.
Yeah, we really kept it under wraps and snuck up on them, didn't we?

Which, if they really knew there were WMDs, that's what they would've done. They just figured most people wouldn't pick up on that. It's easy to manipulate a nation enslaved to American Idol and Britney tabloid news.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:00 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Transition to vehicles other than straight gas engines. Electric cars and hybrids for longer trips are the most promising in the near term. We currently have the technology to cut gas consumption in half if we would just use it. Solar cars are still a ways off and hydrogen fuel cells are just a gimmick by big oil to make it look like they are actually promoting alternative fuels.
actually hydrogen is probably the closest and most realistic, and enviromentally friendly, if you are on that crazy train!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM

OK, so I'm not some frothing-at-the-mouth Greenpeace activist or anything, or going out blowing up people's SUVs. But what's wrong with taking care of the environment if it's within our means?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:18 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
I don't think we'll come off as the worst president ever. That distinction still goes to Clinton with Nixon being close behind.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,258,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
actually hydrogen is probably the closest and most realistic, and enviromentally friendly, if you are on that crazy train!
You are the crazy one. Whats so terrible about developing alternative fuels? We have the technology, why not use it? I agree with you much of the space program is a money pit, and that money could go to better use. I know you are religious and I want to say that it is our God-given duty to care for His creation. We only have one planet. The Bible also speaks heavily against greed, which is the entire business of your beloved oil companies.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I don't think we'll come off as the worst president ever. That distinction still goes to Clinton with Nixon being close behind.
OK....just for the sake of debate, what makes Clinton the worst president ever? I'll spot you Monica Lewinsky, so form this argument without going there. After all, with Bush, we as Americans are playing the part of Monica Lewinsky, under the desk in the Or...I mean, Oval Office, taking a load of lies for the sake of war profiteering. We've taken it all in, hook, line and sinker, and he is laughing at everyone right now. He doesn't give a rat's ass if we can afford to get to work or not. He's got money. His family is getting made richer every time you fill up.

So the two are at worst tied right there. When Monica was....uh....playing the presidential flute, gas was under a dollar a gallon. The economy was good, at least stateside (other than what was affected by the Asian stock crisis) and people weren't dumping basically entire paychecks into the gas tank.

All in all I'm rather ambivalent toward Clinton - it's a lot of things he didn't do rather than what he did that makes me not view him any better. However, he was not the worst president in history, and he looks good compared to W.

So, once again, without mentioning Ms. Blue Dress, shoot. I want to read this.

I'd also like to know if anybody who is still drinking the Kool-Aid, by some sort of coincidence perhaps, have financial interests in the oil industry which is making more money than ever now. But, what business is that of ours, right?

Last edited by jfre81; 05-28-2008 at 12:17 AM.. Reason: because i'm cool like that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies