Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump announce tonight that:
He is running for President in 2024 as a Republican 66 75.00%
He is not running in 2024, and he will endorse Ron DeSantis 5 5.68%
He will form a 3rd part, and run for Pre3sident in 2024 under that 12 13.64%
None of the above 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:10 PM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I am pleasantly surprised with his speech, so far. It is like watching a polished 2016 version of himself. He is sticking to the teleprompter and talking about the important issues. He has not really bad mouthed anyone, and he has not brought up any aspect of the 2020 election being "fraudulent" (I have missed the last ten minutes, or so, so this may no longer be accurate). It almost feels weird watching this version of Former President Trump.

Where was this version of him, during the 2020 election? This would have been an easier sell to swing voters.

At this point, I will take either Former President Trump or Governor DeSantis, for the Republican nomination, in 2024, with my preference still being Governor DeSantis. I am open to other candidates, as well.
Give it time Donnie will be Trash talking and off message tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 08:11 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
The best president EVER. Love him and still standing with him.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:12 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,282,608 times
What a speech. #lowenergy

Old 11-15-2022, 08:14 PM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
Quote:
I am pleasantly surprised with his speech, so far. It is like watching a polished 2016 version of himself. He is sticking to the teleprompter and talking about the important issues. He has not really bad mouthed anyone, and he has not brought up any aspect of the 2020 election being "fraudulent" (I have missed the last ten minutes, or so, so this may no longer be accurate). It almost feels weird watching this version of Former President Trump.

Where was this version of him, during the 2020 election? This would have been an easier sell to swing voters.

At this point, I will take either Former President Trump or Governor DeSantis, for the Republican nomination, in 2024, with my preference still being Governor DeSantis. I am open to other candidates, as well.

I must have been listening to a different speech. He sounded either depressed or on tranquilizers. A shadow of himself. His speech was all negativity.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:15 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,628,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
I must have been listening to a different speech. He sounded either depressed or on tranquilizers. A shadow of himself. His speech was all negativity.
No, it wasn't. I watched the entire thing. It was fantastic.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:18 PM

831 posts, read 333,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
That's because he was talking about the state of America right now and well putting it bluntly it is FREAKING DEPRESSING!

Old 11-15-2022, 08:19 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,220,852 times
The clown show begins.

Just like "The Apprentice" the rating went down and he was cancelled. It will be again as it was before.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:21 PM

5,632 posts, read 1,769,865 times
I tried to warn the Republicans, but they wouldn't listen.

The orange goof announcing tonight just sealed the deal for a Democrat win in 2024.

Congrats to the Democrat War Machine. The orange goof just ensured your victory.

More years of BIG WAR!!!!

Old 11-15-2022, 08:22 PM

1,839 posts, read 677,751 times
Quote:

I noticed that too, that he was more polished than I expected and didn't bring up fraud. I like him providing his foreign policy experience.

Towards the end, he eventually got to talking about woke and men playing in women sports, and that seemed more like DeSantis' forte.

It was somewhat long also and he eventually got into election talk, with demanding same day voting, and voter Id. These are done at the state level, unless Congress can pass a bill. (And doesn't Florida permit early voting and Trump, himself early votes?)

I don't think DeSantis will challenge Trump, as his message and base, would have too much overlap to Trump.

I could see a darkhorse candidate like Glenn Youngkin though give a run, when others might not. He kind of escapes Trump in FL, by being up in Virginia, and never took an endorsement from Trump or directly worked in Congress or was governor while Trump was President. He also has a cleaner slate and could appeal to RINOs, moderates, indies and some leftists by being in a blue state.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:23 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,729,889 times
Donald has some big clashes in front of him....Rupert Murdoch's media is simply not going to support this campaign and will do everything in their power to derail it. You thought the Liberal media was bad...wait til you get a dose of these guys.

Trump 3.0 is a changed man — he’s now a loser

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...es-now-a-loser
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies