Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump announce tonight that:
He is running for President in 2024 as a Republican 66 75.00%
He is not running in 2024, and he will endorse Ron DeSantis 5 5.68%
He will form a 3rd part, and run for Pre3sident in 2024 under that 12 13.64%
None of the above 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 08:46 PM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Yes, Bush was AWFUL. Total establishment BIG WAR. Same thing with Biden and today's Democrats. No difference between the two in that regard whatsoever. Like looking in a mirror. Just a reflection of each other.

But I know you won't hold team blue accountable. Different rules for different teams I guess.
GW Bush = elite globalist who brought you TSA, and the Patriot Act. Not a MAGA bone in his body. He is best friends with Bill and Hill, as you would expect from the Uniparty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2022, 08:46 PM

6,012 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
As an independent, as of now I think Mike Pence would be the best choice of the candidate’s on both sides.
Former Vice President Pence does not have the "hutzpah" to be president, in my opinion. But, I hope he runs. I want as many Republicans to run, as possible, to make it more likely that the best candidate available is chosen.

The Republican Party needs someone with the demeanor of Former President Reagan and the policies of Former President Trump/Governor DeSantis.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:48 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And feed them into machines. That can be hacked and re-programmed. And that can be connected to the Internet for free and easy access by unauthorized persons.

"Only paper ballots" means "**ONLY** paper ballots".

Anything else you need me to explain to you?
But then people cry about how long it takes to count and verify paper ballots.

ld.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:48 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,932,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
He did not have the support of the media, in 2016, yet he still won.
Oh? The last I heard, Fox is still considered a media source.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:49 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
And feed them into machines. That can be hacked and re-programmed. And that can be connected to the Internet for free and easy access by unauthorized persons.

"Only paper ballots" means "**ONLY** paper ballots".

Anything else you need me to explain to you?
We had a candidate running here who was advocating for ONLY paper ballots, numbered sequentially, this midterm. She was beaten soundly in the election. Because, no.

Do you realize how incredibly vulnerable you are, in that case?

It would take NOTHING to disrupt the election. Trucks going between one location and another could be held up, and wham, you have completely and forever lost those ballots.

Any fire.

Any misplacement of paper ballots.

Human hand counters (remember, these are ONLY paper, no machines involved) who purposely miscount.

This is the way elections used to be done, and why in the past fraud to the level that would throw an election was possible.

And if you think elections are slow to count this time? You'd be waiting months for the tallies with ONLY paper.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:50 PM
bu2

24,071 posts, read 14,866,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Former Vice President Pence does not have the "hutzpah" to be president, in my opinion. But, I hope he runs. I want as many Republicans to run, as possible, to make it more likely that the best candidate available is chosen.

The Republican Party needs someone with the demeanor of Former President Reagan and the policies of Former President Trump/Governor DeSantis.
Like 2016????

When a minority of the part walked away with the nomination because 17 people ran?

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
I am still a solid Trump supporter as far as agreeing he would be a good leader if allowed to be.

I refuse to cut off my nose to spite my face. Trump is not electable. I won't vote for someone who can't win the general election, and if he did win, would not be effective at governing.

I want a GOP president without Trump's baggage and negatives.

10,526 posts, read 6,158,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Oh? The last I heard, Fox is still considered a media source.
Exactly. Fox = Trump State TV for 6 years.
They've been full on support for him up until about a week ago.

Old 11-15-2022, 08:52 PM

4,199 posts, read 4,450,813 times
The speech writer should deliver it and run as I agree with most of what he is saying and proposing policy wise. I don't see Trump having the true media savvy to pull it off. I kept envisioning the MSM like Howard 'sandman' Sims of Apollo theater fame popping out and removing him with the cane.

Someone else needs to take the baton his lap is done - he's out of gas. Trump and Sleepy Joe need to do a "fixed tour" at Walt Disney World Hall of Presidents.

Whenever he speaks this tune comes immediately to mind (Henry Mancini's Baby Elephant Walk).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1z4JfxFb6c

He needs to get in a time machine and go back 150 years to his perfect setting under the Big Top Tent.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to most splendid, stupendously spectacular fantastical spectacle that is me arranging the entertainment to keep your attention under this huge huge tent - look at how huge it is! As big as this tent is it cannot contain my ego! We've got beautiful ladies in sequined dress, we've got brave courageous men with whips and chairs taming wild animals within cages, we've got dozens of clowns packed into tiny little cars, we've got acrobatic athletic muscular, muscular, glistening young men and beautiful, beautiful women. We've got tiny little people - little people, you can bounce them on your knee like a cute baby - diving off of high platforms into little buckets of water, we've daredevils, magical fantastical, spectacular, huge illusions and magical tricks, exotic dancers, and strong gargantuan men from exotic lands, exotic lands, we've got creatures from around the world, amazing amazing creatures, some dressed, some ridden, some talking, step right up and see them, hear them and be dazzled, amazed, stupefied, horrified. Did tell I tell you about the beautiful women in body hugging glistening sequin dresses? Dancers in chorus lines, leggy beauties shaking booties, I personally judge them worthy, we've got wire walkers, knife throwers, whirling dervishes, tiny people, huge people, and the most amazing singing birds, monkeys that do acrobatic tricks, smoking camels, snorting bulls, screaming hyenas, howling wolves, trumpeting elephants... "

Old 11-15-2022, 08:53 PM

6,012 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Like 2016????

When a minority of the part walked away with the nomination because 17 people ran?
What?

Former President Trump won a majority of the delegates necessary to become the Republican nominee for president, despite so many people running for president. How was he the "minority"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies