Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2023, 07:03 AM

59,119 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
1.... accept statistics which debunk the lies of BLM, antifa, democrats!
STOP THE LIES OF THE LEFT AND BIDEN
STOP THEIR HATE AND FEAR MONGERING

This alone would defuse the explosive situation the left has created where cops are in fear of their lives and Black men are in fear of cops. The left has sounded the siren call to kill cops and accuse them of abuse where none exists.

Police unions must differentiate between cops that make an error and cops who do not belong on the force.

Democrat mayors and governors foster crime and return predators to prey upon the community.

End sanctuary cities!
Close the southern border!!!
"End sanctuary cities!"

The fact they are illegal doesn't bother the left at all.

So much for " no one is above the law"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2023, 07:06 AM

30,181 posts, read 11,821,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I know. I was only pointing that out to state most of my interactions with cops have been pleasant overall. I typically do not escalate matters with cops and am generally not afraid of them. But I posted this because I have noticed where even complying with some officers, has led to bad results, regardless of race or political leanings.
I like the videos you posted as well as others I have seen which help educate people on what their rights are. It should be taught at the high school level. But I also think just because you have a right to cuss out a cop or be belligerent. Its best to be polite and respectful. Reason being you are less likely to get a ticket. You give the cop an attitude you are pretty much guaranteeing a ticket with the cop adding whatever he can to it. Why shoot yourself in the foot? I have been pulled over perhaps a dozen times and only been ticketed once.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:10 AM

15,442 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
There are a lot of jobs more dangerous than being a cop.

IMO the answer is accountability. Body and dash cams have made a big difference and we need more of them. Also, I think the idea of requiring employers to have liability insurance for individual officers should at least be explored. If anyone will notice a pattern that makes a bad cop first, it's an insurance company and if they refuse to insure, that cop needs to find a different job.
It would also be good if an officer fired from a department for rights violations was not eligible for hire anywhere else. The bad cops tend to get fired and move to smaller and smaller agencies.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:23 AM

59,119 posts, read 27,349,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
I disagree.
There are very few or no good cops.

Please Explain why:
Almost every time a police officer has been convicted in criminal court of murdering or assaulting an innocent civilian this is NEVER the result of good cops holding bad cops accountable.

The cops stand around watching instead of restraining the bad LEO, they don’t inform IA or the PD leadership, they lie on police reports that are contradicted by video evidence. Are these the actions of good cops?

These convictions come about from private citizen or bodycam videos going viral and citizen outrage not “good cops.”
"There are very few or no good cops."

And you base this on what? 1, 2, 3 interactions?

Have you REALLY researched the issue or just mouthing of because probably you have had interaction and mouthed off?

There are OVER 365 MILLION interactions a year.

"Fact, there are over 365 million interactions with the police each year, of those .05% result in physical altercation and .003% end in loss of life. Everything is being blown so out of proportion it’s ridiculous"

"The real issue is class, the real systemic issue is parents telling their kids that the world is against them because of who they are and where they come from"

https://medium.com/@ctlewis76/fact-t...05-9ab7b65c304

Exactly how many of those people have you PERSONALLY talked with? Certainly NOT me!

I have no doubt you have had a problem, probably due to YOUR attitude!

And as they say NEVER say never, etc!

Old 03-17-2023, 09:07 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,787,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"There are very few or no good cops."

And you base this on what? 1, 2, 3 interactions?

Have you REALLY researched the issue or just mouthing of because probably you have had interaction and mouthed off?

There are OVER 365 MILLION interactions a year.

"Fact, there are over 365 million interactions with the police each year, of those .05% result in physical altercation and .003% end in loss of life. Everything is being blown so out of proportion it’s ridiculous"

"The real issue is class, the real systemic issue is parents telling their kids that the world is against them because of who they are and where they come from"

https://medium.com/@ctlewis76/fact-t...05-9ab7b65c304

Exactly how many of those people have you PERSONALLY talked with? Certainly NOT me!

I have no doubt you have had a problem, probably due to YOUR attitude!

And as they say NEVER say never, etc!
This is a red herring argument.

Try actually addressing my point and question.

Almost every time a police officer has been convicted in criminal court of murdering or assaulting an innocent civilian this is NEVER the result of good cops holding bad cops accountable.

The cops stand around watching instead of restraining the bad LEO, they don’t inform IA or the PD leadership, they lie on police reports that are contradicted by video evidence. ****Are these the actions of good cops?***

These convictions come about from private citizen or bodycam videos going viral and citizen outrage not “good cops.”

Old 03-17-2023, 09:30 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
The police are the weapon/tool in the hand of the bureaucrat. It is the bureaucrat who oppresses, not the weapon/tool in their hand. If you want to control the weapon/tool, then control the hand that wields it.

The bureaucrat would have you believe they are on your side, as if the police are some independent entity that operates outside of their control, power and authority. This is a lie, both parts. They are not on your side, they are on the side of their own power. And the police do what their masters order them to do, no more, no less.

Stop looking at the weapon/tool, and look not only at the arm/hand wielding it, but the face of the bureaucrat who targets you.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:36 AM

2,047 posts, read 859,695 times
I’ve had maybe twenty police encounters throughout my life. 100% of every single one of them there was no incident whatsoever. I’m no bootlicker, I just showed basic human respect, answered their questions, went on about my day. Pretty simple if you ask me. When I lived in San Diego, I had several African-American friends who lived up in Los Angeles and they had similar experiences. A couple of friends I know that did not, and got hassled by the police? ALWAYS, played games with them. Now I understand these people that are testing their constitutional rights, not answering questions, resisting with showing their identification, and all the other. I get it. But you’re not gonna get the same results as I’ve had if you choose to go down that path. That’s just a fact. I choose not to play that game. If you do, you’re at encounters with them are going to go in a negative direction. I just wanted to get on about my day, not go to jail, not get a ticket, etc. And here’s the thing, about 14 of those times were traffic stops. Do you know how many tickets I have? Zero. Being respectful has its benefits. Most of the time I was just issued a verbal warning. Was I pulled over a few of those times because the officer probably wanted to check me out and was using a traffic violation as an excuse? You betcha. And I knew that’s what was happening in a few of those cases. But I let them Check me out and answer a few questions and I wasn’t doing anything wrong and I was told to have a nice day. And I went on and had a nice day. Lol.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:38 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Step 1: Don’t commit crime
Step 2: No one calls the police because no crime is being committed
Step 3. No police around because there is no crime being committed or reported

Congrats, we just solved the police problem and it didn’t cost a penny.

All my police interactions have been boring because I comply and say “Yes sir.” I guess some folks don’t have anywhere to be.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:52 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,634,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Step 1: Don’t commit crime
Step 2: No one calls the police because no crime is being committed
Step 3. No police around because there is no crime being committed or reported
Applying this to my point above:

1) The bureaucrat defines the crime, not the enforcement agent. Thus, when we say don't commit crime, it is the bureaucrat who defines crime, so stay on the right side of the bureaucrat's wrath. Eric Garner is instructive here. His "crime" was angering Bill DeBlasio by trying to get around the tyrant's insatiable thirst for tax revenue. He was literally executed for helping others avoid a specific tax. Be careful when angering bureaucrats...sometimes they take it way too seriously.

2) The call to the police is a system designed by the people and their bureaucrats. Yessir, the enforcement agent does not appear unless a call is made via that system where the individual makes a demand of the bureaucrat to flex that weapon/tool. This is one of the benefits the individual receives in return for the taxes and oppression they suffer at the hands of the bureaucrat. We can call them and make requests for them to send their agents to our rescue, and sometimes they actually grant the request.

3) The bureaucrat directs where they have their physical, street level presence deployed. Any geography that makes it onto their annoyance radar via voters complaining or the media making them look bad, you can bet they will deploy their street infantry to quell those things that cause them political discomfort. Police funding, shift coordination, tactics, etc...all done at the direction of bureaucrats seeking to hold/grow power, thus ultimately a reflection of the people and their demands.

Again, this entire cause-effect relationship is between the people and their bureaucrats, the police are simply a reference object that helps define certain aspects of that relationship.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:55 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Oppressive police? That's a false narrative spread by democrats, BLM, and other Marxist organizations. I can show you countless videos where cops have shown incredible restraint while dealing with confrontational criminals, violent assault, resisting arrest, verbal abuse, and so on. You won't know what oppressive policing is until your party has total control--if we fall under a total communist regime that's when you will see just how oppressive the police will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies