Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 03:53 PM

532 posts, read 859,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Martha View Post
I'm very sure that pro-life advocates feel very badly for the teenager who gets pregnant from the incident, but that doesn't mean they don't feel badly for the life that is created by that incident either. The unborn child is just as much a victim of the incident as the teenager is.

On the other side, I don't think anyone said that the pro-choice people didn't think it was sad. There is compassion on both sides. It's just that some people have more compassion for the people who already screwed up their life than they have to the person who is completely blameless in the whole ordeal. (And no I am not talking about the aforementioned incident I am talking about people who willingly participate in sexual activity resulting in a child then proceed to abort said child)
A baby born in such tragic circumstances as a rape, ect, is an innocent victim, and deserves a chance to live. If the poor young Mother can not bear to keep it, it should be put up for adoption. Many childless couples would love to have it. This situation happened to a relative of mine. The teenage girl was gang-raped. Her parents kept the baby, and raised him. They never knew who the father was(no dna then). The baby is a grown man now, and is a wonderful person who thanks his biological Mother for giving him life.

Old 06-09-2008, 03:59 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
That's great for your family, but you really advocate forcing a child who was raped to carry to term? Great that it worked for your relative, but it would severely damage most women.

Do you understand how many unadopted children there are right now in the US? 1 million on the books. If there are already 1 million unadopted children, what happens if abortion is made illegal? Who will take care of all of these children? I guess we'll go back to state run orphanages.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,172,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Are you seriously trying to say that people who support abortion rights care LESS about children being molested or abused? Are you SERIOUS? What an ignorant statement.

How about compassion for a teen who became pregnant after being molested????

The double homicide only applies after fetal viability - you cannot abort after that point.

I was replying to a poster that said prolife people do not care about children being abused or molested, so your calling someone who basically agrees with you ignorant. It doesn't matter when the double homicide applies, the fact that it does negates that an unborn fetus is not a life.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:02 PM

Thumbs down None of us know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Partial birth abortion in particular horrifies me, as does the choice Mr. Audacity made to vote "no" on a law that would require docs to take care of the unfortunate baby here and there who survives an abortion, rather than leave him or her on the table to finish dying.

Unlike some, I'm not hung up on the "life begins at conception" definition.

To me, it's about compassion. I honestly don't have a real issue with first trimester abortion, although I thank God every day I never had to make that decision.

But if a child is viable, he or she can feel pain and be afraid. The thought of killing that child makes me sick.

It is inherently wrong for us to allow a child to be mutilated and killed at that point in his or her life.

I feel that if a woman is mature enough to have sex, she's mature enough to know if she's pregnant by the time she's 3 months along. After that, she needs to be mature enough to follow through on the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption to a family that's been waiting for a little blessing to enter their lives.
Since none of us know at what moment life begins--it's better not to "play God", but to err on the side of life--if that be an error.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Thumbs down A joke, I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Abortion survivors? I had no idea a clump of cells that aren't even alive and if they were they can't feel pain and anyhow its just a parasite could survive i.e. live after being attempted aborted. Huh, learn something new everyday
Aren't you glad that your Mother decided not to swat that parasite!

Old 06-09-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I was replying to a poster that said prolife people do not care about children being abused or molested, so your calling someone who basically agrees with you ignorant. It doesn't matter when the double homicide applies, the fact that it does negates that an unborn fetus is not a life.
I'm trying to clarify your statement. If I misread it, I apologize.

The double homicide rectifies that an unborn fetus is a life after viability.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
Since none of us know at what moment life begins--it's better not to "play God", but to err on the side of life--if that be an error.
I don't believe in God, so why should your beliefs apply to me?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:12 PM

Thumbs down It's sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Pull a live baby partially out, drill a hole in it's head to kill it and we're supposed to celebrate "choice".

Kick a dog and go to jail.

Quite a country we live in.
Sick-Sick-Sick-is what it is. Nothing riles me as much as trying to convince pro-abortionists that life is a great gift, and we shouldn't tamper with it. If you don't want it--give it away. Just give it a chance.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:21 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
there are lots of dead beat dads out there. I think it would be nice if a man would have a say in an abortion then. the mere fact that the men have NO choice one way or another is wrong.
If there was a good, open & honest relationship, he might have a say.
It is not mandatory. If a man can carry a fetus to term, then he can open his mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Abortions are no longer performed after 24 weeks (unless for severe fetal defect), and the saline method has not been used in decades, so I'm not sure how those stories are quite relevant.
Because they’re sensational. That’s why they’re used.
This kind of drivel is all over the anti-choice websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
People that care about unborn children are much more likely to also care about children being abused or molested...it is called compassion. Also, if the unborn is not a person, why when a pregnant women is murdered, the murderer can be charged with a double homicie?
Got any stats on this? Some of us believe that abortion should always be legal because there are lots of abused kids out there who probably shouldn’t have been born.

It’s simply your viewpoint. There are no stats behind it, are there? It’s just your feeling because those who are anti-choice are just like you, and you’ve got a corner on compassion. Do I have it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
The pro-death movement (anti-life, pro-infanticide, etc) refuse to believe that the embryo is a living human being, even though all the qualifiers of life are present in the embryo. So they attempt to add one onto it, which is surviving outside the womb. However, if such a qualifier was added, children from the ages to 1-5 wouldn't qualify probably, nor would those who are incapable because of disability to provide food for themselves. I guess we could start murdering them too. Or the homeless, or anyone who can't sustain themselves.
Aaron, try taking the emotion out of your posts. You are making this stuff up based on your emotions. You’re not making sense, please tell me where you’re getting this information. It’s simply an emotional appeal.

Against abortion, don’t have one. Pretty basic and simple.

How many children have you adopted? Or is it too difficult to put your time and energy where your mouth is?

Quote:
A baby born in such tragic circumstances as a rape, ect, is an innocent victim, and deserves a chance to live. If the poor young Mother can not bear to keep it, it should be put up for adoption. Many childless couples would love to have it. This situation happened to a relative of mine. The teenage girl was gang-raped. Her parents kept the baby, and raised him. They never knew who the father was(no dna then). The baby is a grown man now, and is a wonderful person who thanks his biological Mother for giving him life.
Anecdotal stories. Must have been fun for a young rape victim to have a daily reminder of her rape. Gee, that’s compassionate.

Even if that were true in one case, does not make it true for everyone. You cannot generalize from one data point. Oh, yes, you just did.

Quote:
Sick-Sick-Sick-is what it is. Nothing riles me as much as trying to convince pro-abortionists that life is a great gift, and we shouldn't tamper with it. If you don't want it--give it away. Just give it a chance.
Purposely misleading. We are pro-choice, not pro-abortion. We are not forcing anyone to do anything with their body, unlike the anti-choice people. We support a woman's right to choose what to do with her body.

Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
There's a huge number of parentless kids in America who never get adopted.
OK, lets talk about this. Why are they not adopted? Could it be that they languish in foster care as their azzhat parents defy court order after court order to get their lives together under the misguided ideals of family reunification?

My experience with adoption is that those children who are in foster care are going to be unadoptable until they are about 10-18 years old. That is how long the state lets the bio parents 'try'. By that time those kids have been bumped from foster home to bio home to foster home and back until they have serious emotional baggage. I couldn't help them. It pains me to admit it, but there you are. I wish I could.

In the end, it is the states fouled up brand of social engineering (blood is best) that is hurting those children. Not hypocritical pro lifers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies