Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:03 AM

194 posts, read 464,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I've mentioned gender baiting, just didn't use that term.
Yes, McCain's disdain for women roared through with his pick of Palin...

he thought , "Oh, any woman would do to make women vote for her(they're all stupid)...as long as she's a looker, Hey , I gotta work with da broad!"
Exactly....it came to him while eatin lunch at Hooters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,704,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtncat View Post
I have to admit that I get a good laugh out of all the Nobama fans and their trying to make Palin look bad. If she was half as bad as you people would like her to be you would be jumping for joy.
The fact of the matter is she scares the *&^% out of you all because she just might carry Mccain to the White House
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No, really...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

She scares the s*** out of me, all right. But it has absolutely nothing to do with anything even remotely resembling any sort of fear that due to any perceived merit or intelligence on her part, she "might carry McCain to the White House." It has more to do with the fact that if she were to completely luck out and become VP, the potential would be there for 4 or 8 years that, should McCain pass on due to his age and/or failing health, she would be the leader of our country. Can you honestly imagine having a President worse than, more clueless than Dubya (as she most certainly would be)??

I can't believe the Republicans would allow anyone as brainless and ridiculously moronic as her to represent them. I mean, you guys are seriously just off your damn rockers. It's pretty funny that y'all think Dems are afraid of Palin, though. We're not afraid of Palin. What's there to be afraid of? She's an idiotic gun-toting first-term governor of a barely populated state who used to be a pageant-losing sportscaser. Not much about her to be afraid of. Most of us are afraid for ourselves and our country, should this moron be elected into the second highest office in the nation, with the potential to be defaulted into the highest office. We're not afraid of her...we're afraid for all of us, should she become VP.

Last edited by Politico; 09-30-2008 at 04:13 AM..

Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The Palin choice has officially backfired.

Thinking people have officially declared for Obama/Biden.

No party affiliation required.
"Thinking people"?

Old 09-30-2008, 05:06 AM

4,462 posts, read 8,027,584 times
Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity is far worse then GW Bush- which is indeed faint praise. In times such as this and in the future we are going to need more brainpower then her folksy style- which though appealing to some- is horribly out of sync with the new realities facing us in the USA.

John McCain has done the American people a travesty of a disservice by offering up such a lightweight in brainpower to succeed him in the event he dies- he talks about 'Country First'- its more like the right wing and corporate lobbyists first- something we have had for the past 3 decades. Mrs Palin is perhaps the worse VP candidate in the last 100 years- she would have trouble even understanding the vast complexities of this nation in the late 19th century.

I have been reading at many of the business and economic blogs that this huge government bailout is the end of the Reagan era- perhaps Palin's nomination means the end of that era as well.

Last edited by skytrekker; 09-30-2008 at 06:03 AM..

Old 09-30-2008, 06:12 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytrekker View Post
Palin's lack of intellectual curiosity is far worse then GW Bush- which is indeed faint praise. In times such as this and in the future we are going to need more brainpower then her folksy style- which though appealing to some- is horribly out of sync with the new realities facing us in the USA.
Exactly. We have to be competitive.
Quote:
John McCain has done the American people a travesty of a disservice by offering up such a lightweight pretty bimbo to succeed him in the event he dies- he talks about 'Country First'- its more like the right wing and corporate lobbyists first- something we have had for the past 3 decades. Mrs Palin is perhaps the worse VP candidate in the last 100 years- she would have trouble even understanding the vast complexities of this nation in the late 19th century.
Spot on. I don't think Palin is a fool. I do think she is unimaginative, uncreative, and provincial. When it comes to intelligently conversing with foreign dignitaries, my 19 year old son is probably better informed, prepared, and interested.
Quote:
I have been reading at many of the business and economic blogs that this huge government bailout is the end of the Reagan era- perhaps Palin's nomination means the end of that era as well.
Well, the free market is indeed in free fall, and now we have the government stepping in. And Palin, who does dismay many Republicans, might be considered the final nail in the coffin.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:30 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calid00d View Post
What a toxic political brand republicans have become. I can't believe I was a lifelong republican until now. McCain has revealed he is not a serious candidate by nominating such an unserious person to be VP.

With an incredibly complex financial crisis on our hands, we cannot afford to have somebody a heartbeat away from the presidency who lacks the IQ to even understand the basics of the problem. Palin probably hasn't even worked with or known an investment banker in her life.

Obama has never dealt with anything like this. But neither has McCain. And he will most likely die during his term if he was elected, leaving that idiot Palin in charge. This is about brains people, not experience.

I wouldn't say she's dumb ... she's naive. I've always held that Obama is naive, but Palin's naive redefines naive. She's acting like a GD beauty queen out there and the republicans are lapping it up like mother's milk.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:39 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
I wouldn't say she's dumb ... she's naive. I've always held that Obama is naive, but Palin's naive redefines naive. She's acting like a GD beauty queen out there and the republicans are lapping it up like mother's milk.
I'm not even sure it's naiveté. To be naive is to really not know any better.
To me, it is arrogance, presumptuousness, hubris.
She really seems to think that this business of governing a nation will be a snap.
All it takes is a bit of common sense. And if there is something she does not want to hear, or doesn't understand, she won't blink--she'll just make a chirpy perky remark or perhaps remind us about God's will.

Old 09-30-2008, 06:41 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,956,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Katie Couric's whole tone and demeanor would undercut anyone's sense of confidence.
Katie Couric? Katie Couric?????? Oh, come on.

I can't decide which point to make first....

a) A VP has to be able to deal with really intimidating people. If JM dies, she'll be dealing with Putin.

b) Hillary wouldn't have had any trouble handling Katie Couric. I'll bet those PUMA voters are thinking the same thing.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:01 AM

443 posts, read 2,136,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Katie Couric? Katie Couric?????? Oh, come on.

I can't decide which point to make first....

a) A VP has to be able to deal with really intimidating people. If JM dies, she'll be dealing with Putin.

b) Hillary wouldn't have had any trouble handling Katie Couric. I'll bet those PUMA voters are thinking the same thing.

I agree 100% with you!!! Hillary got as way worse bashing then Palin ever will yet people try and jump in to Palin's defense...gimme a break... Double standars people..Look at all the people who would come out and say Hillary can't run a coutnry because she can't keep her marrige in check yet...we have Palin who has WAY more family drama there...way more...her drama is crazy..she's like one big hot mess.. yet the same poeple say you shoudn't judge her on her kids....why not???

Old 09-30-2008, 07:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Lightbulb Admit it republicans, Palin is so dumb it's scary

At least she's not blonde.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies