Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2008, 03:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,846,925 times

Advertisements

something we can agree on. I saw the swimsuit competition. I didn't know they had a frumpy division.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sarah Palin is living proof that a "10" in Alaska is a "6" anywhere else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 03:24 PM

917 posts, read 2,298,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
I think it is looks. she has been perceived in the media as some sort of beauty queen and liberal women can't stand it. I personally don't find her the least bit attractive. she looks like a middle aged mother of 5. I know that most liberals don't like her views, but the level of the vicious meows is off the charts. I can't help but think that if she looked like janet reno, she would not be quite as hated by liberal women.
Ok j here's the beginning of your thread. Now as a very liberal woman I feel qualified to respond. I do not like Sarah Palin because of her religious beliefs. Those beliefs color her world view of course. I do not find her to be very intelligent either. I think the reason that dislike of her was off the charts among liberal women was because she stood for the total opposite of what most liberal women want and believe in. 180 degrees seperation, not 60 or 90. I do however think she is attractive and has pretty good taste in clothes. you betcha

Old 11-19-2008, 03:25 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
She did the beauty pageant for money. Period.
Which one of her five colleges was the recipient of her beauty pageant money? Or, did they let her split it?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:26 PM

you sure don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I don't understand Palin speak which you used to write your post. Your topic is not about Obama. Are you two people? You accuse someone of going off topic and trying to hijack this thread and that's exactly what you're doing. Make up your minds, which is it?

Old 11-19-2008, 03:28 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,128,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastlady View Post
Um, liberals generally hate conservatives. What's the scandal?
I hate her because she's George W Bush in lipstick and a dress.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:29 PM

I have been respectful of those who have answered honestly, and you bring up some good points. I am not sure about her intelligence. I think we might have seen an over exaggerated act. I could care less about her religious beliefs, but once she let them into her politics, she lost me. the whole book burning and crap like that is scary. one of my main points is that mike huckabee is well liked by most, but he is a bit of a religious politician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann in Oriental View Post
Ok j here's the beginning of your thread. Now as a very liberal woman I feel qualified to respond. I do not like Sarah Palin because of her religious beliefs. Those beliefs color her world view of course. I do not find her to be very intelligent either. I think the reason that dislike of her was off the charts among liberal women was because she stood for the total opposite of what most liberal women want and believe in. 180 degrees seperation, not 60 or 90. I do however think she is attractive and has pretty good taste in clothes. you betcha

Old 11-19-2008, 03:34 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I don't see what Palin's lack of popularity has to do with Obama. His winning is a symptom of what's wrong with this nation, nothing more. But no worries. It always blows my mind when people can't stay on topic.
Well, you seem to be interested in pursuing it, even though you're so horrified that it's "off-topic".

It's not though.

This thread is just another unprovable, made-up claim, from some one who thinks he can speak for a huge segment of society.

Do you get it? I am calling the premise of this thread just another rationalization for why Obama won, so it is very much on topic. Just because it isn't agreeable to your sensibilities, does not make it so.

I know it hurts to read logic, so much so that some are intimidated by it and scream "off-topic", in an attempt to marginalize it.

Anyway, I won't be doing you the favor of replying any further. You can join jmarquise in Never-Never Land.

Edit to add:

I defended the Right, when there was a thread put up which insinuated that McCain voters voted the way they did because they were "White Trash". Hopefully, this fact provides some insight into where I am coming from. I am not holding my breath.

Last edited by Guero; 11-19-2008 at 03:44 PM..

Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM

917 posts, read 2,298,779 times
Good point j about Huckabee, I think that while they are both religious Mike is more "gentle" about it. Sarah to me seems like some evangelical pastor wanna be. One gets the idea that if Mike had been elected he would have privately thanked god, whereas Sarah would have gotten up on her soap box with a jesus loves me rant.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:37 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
you sure don't.
Oh, I understand you quite well.

Urban Dictionary: trolling

Trolling - Being a !rick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.

The act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet, generally on message boards.

Act of appearing on internet forums and boards with malicious intent.

Trolling includes...
-batting people to flame at you
-putting the forum down and encouraging people to leave.
-using several identies on a board to support your own arguments / stage pretend arguments
-generally being a dick on a power trip.

Old 11-19-2008, 03:38 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,000,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Well, you seem to be interested in pursuing it, even though you're so horrified that it's "off-topic".
Typical liberal. You want to be able to make snide remarks towards others but if they dare to defend themselves, they're the one who is pursuing it. If you could really hear yourself you'd be the one who's horrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies