Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 09:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I would say it's a panic thing with the officer and since he wasn't fired,it was HIS call.Convert probably knows this all to well(unfortunately for him,because it's a burden)....A JUSTIFIABLE use of deadly force will make an honest cop almost lose his mind thinking about it and the persons family who you had to dust will wear on your mind constantly and the scene will replay over and over in your head.That's WITH support from fellow officers,the public and all of the other things that go along with it.BUT.....

This idiot MURDERED a person in cold blood regardless of his "intentions",so I'd say this guy is probably suffering through a living hell right now...I would be willing to bet that his fellow officers are probably treating him like an outsider now,the public hates him and he's caused rioting in the city he was once sworn to protect,he has just began a completely new and unfamiliar road where he doesn't view himself as the knight on a white horse being listened to and commanding respect,but now he's a 'bad guy" who is out of the loop and I'm sure it's driving him insane.I hate to say it,but there is a good chance he will commit suicide prior to any trial.THAT happens a lot in the LEO world.
There have been threats on this guy's life as well. Oh well, sorry that had to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 09:52 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,638,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
He resigned because under Weingarten decision as applied to police unions he was compelled to provide statements to the investigators. By resigning he can avoid that and invoke Miranda and apply self incrimination..........simple huh?

Yeah I agree with Mule that this kid will probably eat his barrell before its over with. If he has any modicum of remorse at all
So, if I am understanding correctly - he is avoiding telling his side of the story by resigning?

Old 01-11-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
There have been threats on this guy's life as well. Oh well, sorry that had to happen.
The same article said that he and his family had to move twice since the incident because of the threats.

That is sad too, espically if he has kids, they are colleratal damage in this whole incident.

It really sounds like this whole incident was not handled in the best way by BART and the police union, but maybe the guy made it even more difficult for them by resigning.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I would say it's a panic thing with the officer and since he wasn't fired,it was HIS call.Convert probably knows this all to well(unfortunately for him,because it's a burden)....A JUSTIFIABLE use of deadly force will make an honest cop almost lose his mind thinking about it and the persons family who you had to dust will wear on your mind constantly and the scene will replay over and over in your head.That's WITH support from fellow officers,the public and all of the other things that go along with it.BUT.....

This idiot MURDERED a person in cold blood regardless of his "intentions",so I'd say this guy is probably suffering through a living hell right now...I would be willing to bet that his fellow officers are probably treating him like an outsider now,the public hates him and he's caused rioting in the city he was once sworn to protect,he has just began a completely new and unfamiliar road where he doesn't view himself as the knight on a white horse being listened to and commanding respect,but now he's a 'bad guy" who is out of the loop and I'm sure it's driving him insane.I hate to say it,but there is a good chance he will commit suicide prior to any trial.THAT happens a lot in the LEO world.
You paint a pitiful, but probably true picture

Old 01-11-2009, 10:02 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
So, if I am understanding correctly - he is avoiding telling his side of the story by resigning?
Yes its called Miranda rights. He can avoid saying anything by choosing to lawyer up to avoid self incrimination.

ALl inquiries now go to his lawyer who is the only one that can make a statement....................
Quote:
You have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
Anything you do say may be used against you in a court of law.
You have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish.
If you decide to answer questions now without an attorney present you will have the right to stop answering at any time until you talk to an attorney.
are you willing to answer my questions without an attorney present
Frankly, what can his side of the story be? We have all seen the video's as I am sure he has.............

What can he say that doesnt make it worse Geeze Ms Grant, Im sorry I didnt mean to pull my gun I meant to use my taser instead.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Yes its called Miranda rights. He can avoid saying anything by choosing to lawyer up to avoid self incrimination.

ALl inquiries now go to his lawyer who is the only one that can make a statement....................
OK, I understand now...thank you!

Wow, this is pretty incredible...

Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhct View Post
You paint a pitiful, but probably true picture
Unfortunately IF I HAD to bet on the outcome,I'd bet he doesn't make it to trial due to self inflicted injury.That's just the odds on favorite without bias.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM

94 posts, read 332,928 times
I've seen a couple of people say the VICTIM was resisting. I'll give you that. From what I saw in the video he looked to be resisting a bit. But you know what, he was lying face down on the ground in the prone position. If handcuffed, he isn't going anywhere at all. There is no justification at all for the officer to procede to that level of the use of force continuum. In my opinion, even the taser isn't justifiable.

I've heard some reports that the officer mistook his taser for his firearm. That is the worst thing I have ever heard. Any officer should tell you they will place their firearm on their strong side and their less than lethal weapons elsewhere on their utility belt.

This officer should be charged with 2nd degree murder.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 PM

257 posts, read 1,058,496 times
Hell is not hot enough for this soulless MURDERER. He is not remorseful, he is simply quivering in fear for his life like a filthy sewer rat caught in a trap. I hope this b***h doesn't kill himself, he needs to suffer. The rioters should have headed straight to that police precinct. And for anyone who dares to try to justify what this savage did, let's see how you feel when it happens to your family member. What goes around comes around, and the sins of this father might be visited upon his child...

Old 01-13-2009, 05:59 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown17 View Post
Hell is not hot enough for this soulless MURDERER. He is not remorseful, he is simply quivering in fear for his life like a filthy sewer rat caught in a trap. I hope this b***h doesn't kill himself, he needs to suffer. The rioters should have headed straight to that police precinct. And for anyone who dares to try to justify what this savage did, let's see how you feel when it happens to your family member. What goes around comes around, and the sins of this father might be visited upon his child...
Not a very vengeful person are we?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies