Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 06:02 PM

491 posts, read 886,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
If you offered me a million dollars to live in the south, I would tell you no. As it is, I cannot wait to get hell out of Disney World.

About 10 years ago, my husband turned down a transfer to Houston. Don't regret that for one single minute.
Yawn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 06:04 PM

3,283 posts, read 5,208,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Wow! this country is really sinking to an even lower low. The media may not want to admit it, but most of these false outrages and baseless opposition to President Obama is not because of his Polices, but because many of these people like Gov. Perry and others refuse to accept that the President is a black man. Threatening to leave the Union among other dumb rhetoric is just too much. Perry will pay for this politically and so will the rest of the GOP come next year and 2012.

sorry dukester but this is nonsense. i'm opposed to obama because i was opposed to bush and i see very little 'significant' difference between them. i worry about all the debt, i worry that we are creating a society which feels it is owed something (we'll never be able to compete with that attitude). i worry about the govt becoming the chief driver of the economy. i worry that we'll still be in iraq in the next 4 years and perhaps n korea, iran, somalia, sudan etc. i worry that this might lead to the draft. i worry that the patriot act looks as safe as palestinian pigs. i worry about the increasing divide between wealth and poverty. i worry that the level of bureaucracy is killing small business. it's got zero to do with the obama's color

Old 04-16-2009, 06:09 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewzerr68 View Post
I actually agree on this point. Schwarzenegger really screwed our budget by rolling out the red carpet for illegals. It's a real sore spot for a lot of us.
The governor did not roll out any carpet for anyone. How can the state of California control the flow of immigrants across our border? We need federal protection\ control of the border [just like Arizona\ New Mexico\ Texas]. None of the individual states on the US\Mexico border can do anything to stop immigrants. Bush did nothing. My hope is that Obama can put a stop to the immigration problem.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:11 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
it's actually quite easy. stop all entitlements to illegals. make it a crime to hire them, and rent to them. take the incentives away, and the problem will go away. you can't stop them from coming, but you can keep them from staying. they also need to do away with that bleeding heart anchor baby law.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The governor did not roll out any carpet for anyone. How can the state of California control the flow of immigrants across our border? We need federal protection\ control of the border [just like Arizona\ New Mexico\ Texas]. None of the individual states on the US\Mexico border can do anything to stop immigrants. Bush did nothing. My hope is that Obama can put a stop to the immigration problem.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Put the Military on the border. Establish specific ROE's including the right of the military to return fire if they are fired upon. Use all available technology to track, capture, and return (deport) the individual to their country of origin.

The Fence is almost complete - electrify it.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:12 PM

491 posts, read 886,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
If you offered me a million dollars to live in the south, I would tell you no. As it is, I cannot wait to get hell out of Disney World.

About 10 years ago, my husband turned down a transfer to Houston. Don't regret that for one single minute.
This is so typical. You've probably never even been to Houston. I'm sorry you're stuck in Florida. You've got my sympathy there, but don't even pretend to put the ENTIRE south in one negative little category just because you're having a bad time on the peninsula. Last time I checked, Florida was in the south. More so than Texas even. I hope they fired your history teacher for incompetence.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:13 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,503,289 times
Quote:
Actually all states have a right to maintain a state defense force for security within the state (a.k.a., a militia, seperate from the National Guard, not under federal control). The states can protect their own borders...

Old 04-16-2009, 06:14 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's actually quite easy. stop all entitlements to illegals. make it a crime to hire them, and rent to them. take the incentives away, and the problem will go away. you can't stop them from coming, but you can keep them from staying. they also need to do away with that bleeding heart anchor baby law.
Well that makes no sense if a person has TB & can't get medical care then everyone who comes into contact will be put in danger. You can't solve problems with simplistic approaches [Bush proved them

Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Well that makes no sense if a person has TB & can't get medical care then everyone who comes into contact will be put in danger.
Send them back to their country of origin - let THEIR country care for them

Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
google operation wet back. it was eisenhower's baby.

give them a TB shot, but deny them WIC. deny them a place to live. the problem will go away. virginia has rid the state of lots of illegals by doing just this. join the rest of the country. states all over are fed up and doing this.

Quote:
Well that makes no sense if a person has TB & can't get medical care then everyone who comes into contact will be put in danger. You can't solve problems with simplistic approaches [Bush proved them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies