Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
BBA, MBA, MC, JD - a little past middle school . Oh, as far as my Mother? She is dead.

Lincoln ordered the slaughter of innocents as well.
Well in your case you should sue whatever university you got hoodwinked into paying [even though it was the Moody Bible Institute]. They let you down horribly. Poor soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
Excessive government spending will do nothing but dig us into even deeper debt. Those of us who are intelligent enough to realize it should not have to pay for the follies supported by those who are too drawn in by Obama's charismatic nature to actually see the truth.

I'm starting to like the idea of secession more and more.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Well in your case you should sue whatever university you got hoodwinked into paying [even though it was the Moody Bible Institute]. They let you down horribly. Poor soul.
So, you are now resorting to personal attacks? Let's see what the Mods think about it

Old 04-16-2009, 07:32 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
we can't all get that government education you dream to provide for every child. and by provide, I mean the government forces your child to be educated by the government or they will take your kids. have you ever read orwell?

Quote:

Old 04-16-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
That would be an ignorant mistake to make, when you can look it up on the Internet. As a rule of thumb blue states pay more in taxes than they receive, red states suck at the public tit.
Texas was #35 on the list in 2005. I couldn't find more recent data.

#35 meaning 35th highest (or 15th lowest) amount of federal money provided to the state in comparison to revenue generated from the state. Less than $1 spent on TX for each $1 received from TX.

California was #43...yes. So I agree I got that wrong, but saying TX is even close to the top is very, very ignorant. We pay more than we receive, or at least we did 4 years ago.

The Tax Foundation - Federal Spending Received Per Dollar of Taxes Paid by State, 2005

Old 04-16-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
we can't all get that government education you dream to provide for every child. and by provide, I mean the government forces your child to be educated by the government or they will take your kids. have you ever read orwell?
Is your book report on Orwell this week? Please be sure to read every chapter & stop using Cliff Notes for a change. How can you expect to pass your English class this year by always cheating on your homework [otherwise you won't ever make it in that trade school you have been dreaming about when your grow up].

Old 04-16-2009, 07:44 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
how does it feel to lose arguments to a child all day?

Quote:
Is your book report on Orwell this week? Please be sure to read every chapter & stop using Cliff Notes for a change. How can you expect to pass your English class this year by always cheating on your homework [otherwise you won't ever make it in that trade school you have been dreaming about when your grow up].

Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
You know what's ironic? Calling everyone else a child makes YOU seem childish and immature yourself.

It's so petty. Let's get back to thoughtful, respectful conversation. We're all adults here.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
You know what's ironic? Calling everyone else a child makes YOU seem childish and immature yourself.

It's so petty. Let's get back to thoughtful, respectful conversation. We're all adults here.
That unfortunately is what it is like trying to deal with Republicans. Child-like & impulsive individuals who need incredible amounts of patience & elementary step by step explanations. Most Democrats frankly get weary having to spoon-feed the simple minds that frequent this forum, I'm afraid. Oh, what we must do to help our nation!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:55 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times
Quote:
There you go again - you cannot hold a reasonable debate so you fall into the personal insults AGAIN.

Take my advice: You would be much better off if you simply did not respond - especially with your childish insults
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies