Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 07:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,269,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Can't win an argument, so you start writing profane things to get the thread locked up. That's the only way to get the last word, right? Disgusting!
The other poster wrote nothing "profane".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,466,589 times
This thread has taken a very strange turn in the 2 hours since I was last online.

Regardless....

-Texas IS doing a much, much better job on the state level than California and most other states. Perry is a far better governor than Bush was or than Arnold is (yes I know he is a Republican) or than the majority of blue governors are.

-Illegals do not deserve a thing and they will (and to an extent already are) destroy Texas' economy that we have worked far harder at maintaining than most other states. We shouldn't have to put up with this amnesty crap.

-The SC decision in TX v. White could be a very different one today. The way I read the 10th Amendment, you can't force a state to be a part of the Union.

-TX should start threatening secession so that the feds will be forced to not so blatanly ignore our wishes. Almost 10% of Americans are Texans. Huge, huge amounts of federal money are raised in TX and are supporting the blue federal government. We send far more money than we receive yet they tell us how to run our state and force endless crap on us against our will.

-Californians, Yankees, liberals are NOT better than us. Period.

-Wanting control over our state and our money doesn't make us bigots, racists, unpatriotic, ANYTHING.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:03 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,845,143 times
what argument? I stated the fact that lincoln was president during the "civil" war. do you contest this?

Quote:
Can't win an argument, so you start writing profane things to get the thread locked up. That's the only way to get the last word, right? Disgusting!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:09 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Again I ask you - why does the truth offend you so much?
You don't even live in the South [and if I am not mistaken, you used to live in California]. So why are you into hating President Lincoln [our nation's most honored president]. Doesn't make sense!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
our nations most honored president? um, who the hell are you asking? I think washington and jefferson might have a little to say on that. washington our first president, and jefferson, the most brilliant political philosopher this nation has ever seen.

Quote:
You don't even live in the South [and if I am not mistaken, you used to live in California]. So why are you into hating President Lincoln [our nation's most honored president]. Doesn't make sense!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
No, I don't live in California nor ever have

And, where I do live has nothing to do with the truth - and the truth is, Lincoln was responsible for 100's of 1000's of deaths.

Evidently, acknowledging the TRUTH makes no sense to you.

And, regardless of what you may say, the other poster said nothing that was / is "profane" - where do you come up with such silliness?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:18 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No, I don't live in California nor ever have

And, where I do live has nothing to do with the truth - and the truth is, Lincoln was responsible for 100's of 1000's of deaths.

Evidently, acknowledging the TRUTH makes no sense to you.
So the Confederates had nothing to do with it? Please pull out your 4th grade history book under your bed before your mom finds out you haven't been doing your homework. It sure would be nice if some posters were at least in middle school.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM

the south did fire the first shot, however, I guess you agree with lincoln........war was the only answer. your have thus confirmed you vote for GWB. I didn't peg you as a war monger.

Quote:
So the Confederates had nothing to do with it? Please pull out your 4th grade history book under your bed before your mom finds out you haven't been doing your homework. It sure would be nice if some posters were at least in middle school.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
BBA, MBA, MC, JD - a little past middle school . Oh, as far as my Mother? She is dead.

Lincoln ordered the slaughter of innocents as well.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,068,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Exactly...California probably (I don't know for sure) gets back MORE than it sends.
That would be an ignorant mistake to make, when you can look it up on the Internet. As a rule of thumb blue states pay more in taxes than they receive, red states suck at the public tit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies