Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't want women controlled and punished. 50% of women are pro-life (my definition of pro-life) as well - consider that.
If you dont want women controlled and punished, it would stand to reason you'll "allow" them to make their own decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
If you're only going to continue a shouting match and making false assumptions about me when you don't know me at all, there is no point in us responding to one another's posts.

I don't want women controlled and punished. 50% of women are pro-life (my definition of pro-life) as well - consider that.
They are not false assumptions....I have read your posts and I, too, get to have an opinion.
You are against a woman having the right to choose....therefore you must fear women and obviously want to control them.

Everyone is Pro-life. YOU are Anti-Free Choice. You never answer questions.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If you dont want women controlled and punished, it would stand to reason you'll "allow" them to make their own decisions.
Us pro-lifers (men and women) do not view the "right" to end a life as a personal decision.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
They are not false assumptions....I have read your posts and I, too, get to have an opinion.
You are against a woman having the right to choose....therefore you must fear women and obviously want to control them.

Everyone is Pro-life. YOU are Anti-Free Choice. You never answer questions.
I don't fear women, nor do I want to control them. It's about protecting the unborn child.

I am not anti-free choice; I'm anti-right to end a life.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
I don't fear women, nor do I want to control them. It's about protecting the unborn child.

I am not anti-free choice; I'm anti-right to end a life.
See post 91.....

Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
See post 91.....
I responded to Post 91 (delusianne's) a few minutes ago.

You fail to understand the pro-life stance. It's about protecting the unborn child/fetus. We don't feel that an absolute right to "choose" should extend to those situations in which it requires the ending of another life.

She has choices before a pregnancy ever occurs - abstinence, a million different contraceptives, even sterilization. She also has the option of adoption if she does not want to raise a child.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Us pro-lifers (men and women) do not view the "right" to end a life as a personal decision.
So you *do* want women controlled and punished.

Make up your mind.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:57 AM

Quote:
So you *do* want women controlled and punished.

Make up your mind.
Taking away the right to end a life is not "controlling and punishing" in my mind, nor in the mind of 50% of other Americans...including 50% of women themselves.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
I responded to Post 91 (delusianne's) a few minutes ago.

You fail to understand the pro-life stance. It's about protecting the unborn child/fetus. We don't feel that an absolute right to "choose" should extend to those situations in which it requires the ending of another life.

She has choices before a pregnancy ever occurs - abstinence, a million different contraceptives, even sterilization. She also has the option of adoption if she does not want to raise a child.
Woulda coulda shoulda...and yet life is gray. Wouldnt you rather AB be "safe, legal and rare" for the times when it does wind up happening?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:01 AM

Quote:
And yet life is gray. Wouldnt you rather AB be "safe, legal and rare" for the times when it does wind up happening?
Ideally, I'd like it banned. But if large numbers of women would have illegal/dangerous abortions, I might support it being kept legal during the first trimester only while working to make it as rare as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies