Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM

366 posts, read 1,185,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengeice View Post
I never once said he wasn't. There were probably 20 men who were qualified for that job, but we didn't hear much about the candidates. Can you state why you think he was the only, or best qualified?

All I am saying is that Obama used race in his decision, and it's totally obvious.

Obama has ushered in a period of racial awareness/focus in decision-making that is unprecedented in American history. I hardly see how it can ever be undone. So, hence forth "race" will be an issue and one that everyone will be squabbling about in the United States on every single government issue.

It's just another layer of BS. Imagine in Japan, when they appoint someone to the court, they don't have to argue about race. It's to their benefit they don't have to waste the time.

Until Obama, race has NEVER been an issue in America, right???

It's only people with your mentality who are arguing and making a big deal about it.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:07 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Avengeice: Do you think Obama should only appoint white people to the posts he can appoint people to?

These two appointments....let me ask you this. You dont have a problem with Clarence Thomas, right? You didnt have a problem with Alberto Gonzales, right?

Old 06-08-2009, 11:23 AM

117 posts, read 139,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Avengeice: Do you think Obama should only appoint white people to the posts he can appoint people to?

These two appointments....let me ask you this. You dont have a problem with Clarence Thomas, right? You didnt have a problem with Alberto Gonzales, right?
They were both affirm-action picks and the whole world knows it.

Obama is a mixed-race individual and he's been brooding over it for 35+ years, he even wrote a 475 page autobiography about it all, and now he's ushering a racial awareness in government that is just another level of BS. Obama doesn't make the USA less racist, he makes it moreso. He's obsessed with it and so is Michelle.

I just lament how racism is becoming a big factor in the USA, and will likely break it up, or make it uncompetitive, or make it unattractive, etc. in the long run.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Considering that blacks were here since 1776 in many cases, Civil rights and including them in participation in the United States was necessary and just.

Since 1965 however the USA has insanely thought to bring in a multitude of diverse races which is creating all the problems that otherwise wouldn't exist! Surely you must realize that there is more racial tension as the number of races exist. Did you ever see the movie Crash? Read about latino-black violence in California? the hatred cubans have for puerto ricans who dislike the mexicans and down the line, ad infinitum?
I'll generalize some too, here: these people fight each other because they're all poor and uneducated, and they all resent those who they think "have more." Get it?

Quote:
Diversity is an enfeeblement and there is no proof whatsoever that it's a strength. I think CA pretty much proves the entire diversity thesis a failure. FL isn't far behind.

This is where you are delusional. Obama has ushered in a race-awareness and political racial spoils-system heretofore unseen and probably never to be undone. It's getting worse, not better. It's really simple, racism and squabbling over resources increases with the number of races present.
You answered yourself: squabbling over resources is an economic problem, not a race problem.

Quote:
Ever wonder why there is no "racism" in Japan? Has their president ever had to give a speech on it? does it become a huge factor? do their greatest minds "study" it to the PhD level like the Obamas? No, they don't have to waste their energy or time.
Lol! I lived in Japan! Theyre plenty racist to anyone who's not Japanese. (They look down on the Chinese and both of them look down on the Koreans and ALL of them look down on the whites, blacks, hispanics btw fyi.)

Of course a homogeneous society isnt going to have racial problems, duh.

Quote:
I think it's clear to everyone that Asians and Hispanics will be the next to demand racial spoils from our government in the form of appointments, money, laws, preferences, etc. It's really sad that we've evolved into this mess.
Asians are way ahead in the economic game. We've DEvolved into this mess as a result of economically discriminatory education and misplaced values which in our country is brought on by natural capitalism.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:27 AM

117 posts, read 139,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west_end_don View Post
Until Obama, race has NEVER been an issue in America, right???

It's only people with your mentality who are arguing and making a big deal about it.
in 1960, the USA was 90% white and 10% black and the only race conflict the USA had was black and white. Today, it's a mess of squabbling groups, with no end in sight!!

Do you deny this?

It's worse then it was even 40 years ago because today there are a ridiculous amount of races in the USA squabbling over everything. Latino and black violence in LA. Asians want their AA picks for judges now. Indian Hindus and Muslims, who dislike each other. It never ends......

The less races that exist when competing for limited resources, the less racism will exist. It's that simple. The oscar-winning movie Crash, and all the racial problems it outlines, would be unthinkable in 1960 Los Angeles and CA. And CA back then was the "Golden State", today it's a failed and bankrupt Third World and liberal experiment.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 AM

2,716 posts, read 6,896,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Obama has the responsibility to appoint the most qualified candidate. Whether it be a Black, White, Asian, or a Jelly Sandwich.

I don't believe he is doing that, however.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:31 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
I see....well, w/this logic it seems according to you, ONLY white people should be appointed to any position, am I correct in this assumption? Actually, yes I am correct you don't even have to answer it, it's totally obvious that you're a racist. Pathetic.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So why werent you screaming back then that the world was coming to an end?

To re-phrase the question, are you comfortable with C Thomas's decisions?

Quote:
Obama is a mixed-race individual and he's been brooding over it for 35+ years, he even wrote a 475 page autobiography about it all, and now he's ushering a racial awareness in government that is just another level of BS. Obama doesn't make the USA less racist, he makes it moreso. He's obsessed with it and so is Michelle.
No, being apart keeps us apart; getting to know each other as human beings makes artificial barriers such as skin color fall away.

We do have different backgrounds but we have common ground as well.

Why would you prefer we stay divided and fighting on this petty level? We're all workers.

Quote:
I just lament how racism is becoming a big factor in the USA, and will likely break it up, or make it uncompetitive, or make it unattractive, etc. in the long run.
Do you have any friends who arent white? I mean friends, not acquaintances or co-workers. Dont answer me but you should ask yourself.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
in 1960, the USA was 90% white and 10% black and the only race conflict the USA had was black and white. Today, it's a mess of squabbling groups, with no end in sight!!

Do you deny this?

It's worse then it was even 40 years ago because today there are a ridiculous amount of races in the USA squabbling over everything. Latino and black violence in LA. Asians want their AA picks for judges now. Indian Hindus and Muslims, who dislike each other. It never ends......

The less races that exist when competing for limited resources, the less racism will exist. It's that simple. The oscar-winning movie Crash, and all the racial problems it outlines, would be unthinkable in 1960 Los Angeles and CA. And CA back then was the "Golden State", today it's a failed and bankrupt Third World and liberal experiment.
Again, you poor poor white baby, guess you didn't get that job that you so wanted? Was it given to a latino or a black person? Poor you.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
in 1960, the USA was 90% white and 10% black and the only race conflict the USA had was black and white.
Not even close.

Issues between persons of Mexican descent are as old as the Mexican-American war.

Chinese immigration the "Yellow Peril" was the immigration hysteria of the late 19th Century.

And lest we forget hundreds of years of conflict with the "Red man".

Dude, American history is a litany of white folks having conflicts with every race known to man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies