Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 07:09 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,643,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Tsk, tsk....are we not reading links? People who receive Medicare and Veteran's benefits are already
getting health care from the Federal Government. Apparently being elderly and confused isn't the only criteria for people who just don't get it.
Government run VA healthcare is some of the worst healthcare in the country. I used to take my grandfather to the VA clinic and that place SUCKED. The patients there were simply a number, nothing more. It's really tragic.

As for medicare, it's not that great either. Many doctors don't even like to accept medicare because it doesn't pay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Yea, how DARE they protest against something they don't believe in! What an outrage! Please send the Obama brown shirts to brow beat some sense into them! Hurry! We can't have dissent.

I was thinking the same thing.

They have the right to be heard and more of a right then the OP.

Those people have "earned" their right, have you?

Selfish people are those who are for the scamcare bill, they want all of us who have own insurance to pay for their insurance and have less of it.

Ration those old people OP, ration them and give them a pain pill so you wont have to care anymore.

Hitler Obama might just slip them the wrong pain pill to kill them off anyway since the left wing loons seem to think they are useless anyway.

Maybe we should be given those same pain pills to losers and welfare people, they are far more useless then our elderly.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:14 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,282,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I was thinking the same thing.

They have the right to be heard and more of a right then the OP.

Those people have "earned" their right, have you?

Selfish people are those who are for the scamcare bill, they want all of us who have own insurance to pay for their insurance and have less of it.

Ration those old people OP, ration them and give them a pain pill so you wont have to care anymore.

Hitler Obama might just slip them the wrong pain pill to kill them off anyway since the left wing loons seem to think they are useless anyway.

Maybe we should be given those same pain pills to losers and welfare people, they are far more useless then our elderly.
So you're saying that you don't want to pay taxes for other people's health care, right? So you're saying that you want to end Medicare, right? That you don't want to pay for government-funded health care for the elderly, right?

Nobody will be "rationed" under a public health care option. "Rationing" is something the insurance companies do.

Stop watching FOX news and reading nutcase blogs and websites. If you think Obama is "Hitler" and will try to kill people, you need professional therapy. Seriously.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,888,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I thought it was funny in Rep. Greene's townhall when they asked how many people opposed public health care and almost all the room raised their hands.

Then Greene asked how many were on Medicare, and about half the room raised their hands - many of the same people.

They had no clue they already depended on a government-run health care program.
That is one reason they know BO's paln is a bust, because Midicare is a bust. Like SS, it has been bankrupt for years. Everything the government runs is BK.
Pray UHC doesn't pass, or it will destroy the country. Fortunately it looks like the horrible plan is going down in flames. People are getting smarter, dubmo's numbers are tanking....

Old 08-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Government run VA healthcare is some of the worst healthcare in the country. I used to take my grandfather to the VA clinic and that place SUCKED. The patients there were simply a number, nothing more. It's really tragic.

As for medicare, it's not that great either. Many doctors don't even like to accept medicare because it doesn't pay.
That's often the case in the southern states. Just like the educational system in the South is degraded. It's not the case at all in Oregon. My aunt was at a V.A. hospital, and the folks there were wonderful.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
So you're saying that you don't want to pay taxes for other people's health care, right? So you're saying that you want to end Medicare, right? That you don't want to pay for government-funded health care for the elderly, right?

Nobody will be "rationed" under a public health care option. "Rationing" is something the insurance companies do.

Stop watching FOX news and reading nutcase blogs and websites. If you think Obama is "Hitler" and will try to kill people, you need professional therapy. Seriously.

People like my parents and in laws already paid and are paying for their healthcare.

I do not want to pay new taxes for losers and welfare people.

I already have great heath insurance and Obama wants to take it away from me.

This scam bill is to take it away from them and hand it to those who either don't have it or never will.

Obama said to give those folks pain pills, otherwords do not spend any money on any operations or anything they need, just give them a pain pill and save the money for losers and welfare people.

I do not want government in my health care, especially this group of spending nuts who cannot run bake sale correctly.

Yes your health care will be rationed according to Obama rules.

Look at other countries who have this crap, they are rationed.

Stop listening to Nancy Pelosi, she is a dumbass.

My insurance co has never rationed me so your info is not correct.

Follow your leader OP and maybe you will find yourself needing care and it wont be there for you because you wont be important enough for him to waste my money on.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:33 PM

Quote:
People like my parents and in laws already paid and are paying for their healthcare.

This scam bill is to take it away from them and hand it to those who either don't have it or never will.

Obama said to give those folks pain pills, otherwords do not spend any money on any operations or anything they need, just give them a pain pill and save the money for losers and welfare people.

I do not want government in my health care, especially this group of spending nuts who cannot run bake sale correctly.

Follow your leader OP and maybe you will find yourself needing care and it wont be there for you because you wont be important enough for him to waste my money on.
What makes you think that you will have to give up your current health care plan? You won't.

Maybe your insurance co. hasn't rationed you, but thousands of people have legitimate claims rejected every day by insurance companies.

Obama doesn't want to give elderly people pain pills instead of health care. Seriously, where do you come up with this crap?

There's no point in talking to people like you--you're not interested in the truth. You hate Obama, and there's nothing he could do or say to change that. Follow your leaders Hannity and Beck, and see how far that gets you.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 PM

A little fact-checking on the Republican lies about the health plan:

Surgery for Seniors vs. Abortions? | FactCheck.org

False Euthanasia Claims | FactCheck.org

Canadian Straw Man | FactCheck.org

England’s and Canada’s Health Care | FactCheck.org

Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,201,005 times
Quote:

Old 08-06-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
What makes you think that you will have to give up your current health care plan? You won't.

Maybe your insurance co. hasn't rationed you, but thousands of people have legitimate claims rejected every day by insurance companies.

Obama doesn't want to give elderly people pain pills instead of health care. Seriously, where do you come up with this crap?

There's no point in talking to people like you--you're not interested in the truth. You hate Obama, and there's nothing he could do or say to change that. Follow your leaders Hannity and Beck, and see how far that gets you.

Did you happen to miss the recently released video of Obama saying he wanted to get rid of the health care for people like me and others and everyone will have to go with his governmental plan?

You need to read more on this board, it was here in plain site for you to see.

Obama said it himself in 2003.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies