Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2009, 05:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times

Advertisements

As I listen to the debates about health care reform the same question keeps coming to my mind. Who is it that should be the focus of the reform? Who is it that the reform should be helping? Is it the insurance companies? Or is it the citizens?

Old 08-16-2009, 05:17 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times
I have to say Palin is an idiot... not an "idiot" idiot but an idiot in politics... I think she is more of a grassroots type of person who got thrown into the limelight... she didn't know much about international politics but she did have a focus on her own home... However, when she quit state politics it was really a bad move for her but then maybe it would give her time to focus on "studying" international politics.. I hope all goes well with her... I don't know why anyone would wish her ill especially since she's done nothing to you other than being thrown in the limelight as a co-runner with McCain.. I think its amazing for people to hate her for "politics" when she really hasn't done much other than voice her opinion... a little bit of tolerance people? nah... that would be expecting too much from some of you...

Old 08-16-2009, 05:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
No one hates Sarah. You're absolutely right that she's grassroots... she has no interest in international politics, though, wouldnt she have made a serious effort to learn more about that after the election? I think she's risen to her level of competence and here she'll stay.

I think she's a sportscaster-journalism major. Which is fine!

Old 08-16-2009, 08:59 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Wait a minute, Palin is out there blogging and tweeting with the public or her base. She's coming up with some grandiose lies.

How is it that when people respond to her public statements (via her blogging/tweeting), they are criticizing her and insulting her? She's the one that wants "public dialogue" or she wouldn't be out there in the public doing what she is.

This "Sarah Palin is the victim" card has to stop. She is the one putting herself in the public eye and that's EXACTLY what she wants. Many people hoped that she would go back to Alaska and do her job and get out of the national spotlight. It is clear that that's a road she didn't find fruitful for her future ambitions.
A lot of people blog/tweet with the public but, it doesn't get reported in the national media every week (sometimes more than once in the same week) or end up the topic of discussion some where on just about every forum on the Internet. She's blogging and tweeting to those who WANT to read what she says....as you say her base or....what?....the public?.....you mean her opposition (because, let's face it, the rest of the public could care less and certainly doesn't read what she blogs/tweets).

One sentence replies that are nothing more than insults (which are what many of the replies are that bring up her name) is not people responding to her "public statements". Some people can't use her name without preceding or following it with an insult, for example, "Palin, What a Idiot".

I don't think she has any of the ambitions many think she has but, that's just my opinion. If people had hoped for her to go back to Alaska and stay out of the national spotlight, then they should stop keeping her in it by paying so much attention to it. She wasn't going to just disappear....she was a governor that just ran for V.P......now that she's just another citizen, people should start treating her like one and stop talking about her. If it's her base she's blogging/tweeting with, they're not the ones doing all the posting (not nearly as much any way), it's her critics.

Old 08-16-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
She keeps sticking her face in the public eye. She is the one who wrote that crap about "Death Panels". She's not fading into oblivion, she's keeping a very high profile.
She wrote it and who's eye did she stick it in front of from the public....or did the public go and eye what she wrote. Why is it no one else is sticking their face in the public eye when they write something on Facebook?

Old 08-16-2009, 09:42 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
She wrote it and who's eye did she stick it in front of from the public....or did the public go and eye what she wrote. Why is it no one else is sticking their face in the public eye when they write something on Facebook?
Actually everyone is I guess when they write on Facebook, just like when they post on here. You're being disingenuous if you expect me to believe she's just posting that crap for her "friends".

Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Actually everyone is I guess when they write on Facebook, just like when they post on here. You're being disingenuous if you expect me to believe she's just posting that crap for her "friends".
No she's not but, do you think she's posting it for people to call her an idiot. My point is, if you for example write something on Facebook, you're not sticking it in my face. If I go to Facebook, that's by my choice and if I read what you wrote on there, that's even more so by my choice. It's not like she's calling a press conference and making an announcement that's in the news when you read/watch it.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:02 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,414,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I have to say Palin is an idiot... not an "idiot" idiot but an idiot in politics... I think she is more of a grassroots type of person who got thrown into the limelight... she didn't know much about international politics but she did have a focus on her own home... However, when she quit state politics it was really a bad move for her but then maybe it would give her time to focus on "studying" international politics.. I hope all goes well with her... I don't know why anyone would wish her ill especially since she's done nothing to you other than being thrown in the limelight as a co-runner with McCain.. I think its amazing for people to hate her for "politics" when she really hasn't done much other than voice her opinion... a little bit of tolerance people? nah... that would be expecting too much from some of you...
I don't know where you conservatives came up with the notion that telling lies is just stating your opinion.
Quote:
No she's not but, do you think she's posting it for people to call her an idiot. My point is, if you for example write something on Facebook, you're not sticking it in my face. If I go to Facebook, that's by my choice and if I read what you wrote on there, that's even more so by my choice. It's not like she's calling a press conference and making an announcement that's in the news when you read/watch it.
Whats the difference between calling a press conference and writing something on facebook? You don't have to watch or read either one, but they are both meant for public viewing. If Palin doesn't want to be called an idiot, she really needs to stop acting like one. She makes up lies about health care reform, which conservatives have some how confused with stating her opinion, and then chastises the media for "making stuff up" She is not a smart enough person to be in any kind of political position, and the media really should just let her fade out into obscurity. She has absolutely nothing to offer.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:43 AM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
I don't know where you conservatives came up with the notion that telling lies is just stating your opinion.

Whats the difference between calling a press conference and writing something on facebook? You don't have to watch or read either one, but they are both meant for public viewing. If Palin doesn't want to be called an idiot, she really needs to stop acting like one. She makes up lies about health care reform, which conservatives have some how confused with stating her opinion, and then chastises the media for "making stuff up" She is not a smart enough person to be in any kind of political position, and the media really should just let her fade out into obscurity. She has absolutely nothing to offer.
I have tried to figure out why she wants to be in the media so much. If her informed supporters would just tell her to stay out of the spotlight until she becomes more educated, the public would be less confused by her actions.
I think McCain did women a disservice in selecting Sarah. Women may now be screened much harder after Sarah's disappointing display of up-to-date knowledge.

Old 08-17-2009, 04:45 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Dont be naive. This is the platform she has right now.

It is an interesting phenomenon though.

Last edited by delusianne; 08-17-2009 at 05:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies