Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2009, 08:58 AM

544 posts, read 1,058,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I agree. I do think it's a little odd (not in a bad way) that all they're kids are so compliant. I wonder what would happen if one of the girls said "I don't WANT to change his pamper. I don't WANT to give her a bath. I don't WANT to check his homework. I don't WANT to brush her hair. I want to read my book." I wonder what would happen if one of the girls decided that she didn't want to assigned a younger sibling to look after. I know all families have kids that do some of the work but at one point most kids rebel a little.
THERES PROBABLY A COUPLE REASONS WHY YOU DON’T SEE THIS
THE KIDS KNOW THEY ARE ON TV AND PROBABLY HAVE BEEN COACHED TO BE ON THEIR BEST BEHAVIOR. I’M SURE YOUR MOTHER COACHED YOU ON BEHAVIOR WHEN YOU WERE GOING TO BE IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE. EVEN THOUGH IT’S A “REALITY” SHOW THE SNIPPETS OF WHAT YOU SEE ON TELEVISION ARE PROBABLY NOT A TOTAL REPRESNTATIVE OF THEIR REGULAR BEHAVIORS.
WHEN YOU’RE RAISED THIS WAY YOU DON’T BELIEVE THERE’S ANOTHER OPTION. TAKING CARE OF THEIR SIBLINGS TO THEM WOULD BE JUST LIKE PICKING UP YOUR TOYS TO ANOTHER KID. THESE IS THE ONLY THING THEY KNOW SO FOR THEM ITS NORMAL SO THERES NOTHING TO REBEL AGAINST. IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT IF THE PARENTS SUDDENLY CHANGED THE RULES YOU MIGHT SEE SOME RESISTANCE BUT SINCE THIS HAS BEEN THE CONSTANT IN THEIR LIVES THEY ARE PROBABLY USED TO IT
YOU DON’T WATCH THE SHOW THAT OFTEN. I’VE SEEN THE YOUNGER BOYS GET A LITTLE ROWDY BEFORE AND TYPICALLY ITS DEALT WITH QUICKLY AND OFF CAMERA, I THINK ITS ACTUALLY CLASSIER THAT WAY.

DON’T LET PERSONAL ATTACKS GET TO YA; YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER NO ONE HERE ACTUALLY KNOWS YOU SO THEY’RE JABS AT YOUR PERSONAL CHRACTER SHOULDN’T HURT

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I'M TYPING ON MY PHONE AND IT KEEPS CONVERTING TO ALL CAPS SMART PHONE MUST BE SMARTER THEN ME
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,276 times
Her 19th baby i think not it,s got to be some sort of wind up, or they are not human a more likely explanation for the original statement

Old 09-03-2009, 09:19 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,989,180 times
Is this woman's maiden name Palin?

Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
These children are brainwashed. I don't know what it would take for one of them to put their own needs ahead of the family freak train.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:17 PM

838 posts, read 922,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
After 18 children, Michelle Duggar thought she knew what it feels like to be pregnant. But even she was caught by surprise to learn that just eight months after she gave birth to Jordyn-Grace, Duggar baby No. 19 is on the way.

“We are thrilled to announce that we found out we’re expecting our 19th child,†a glowing Michelle Duggar told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira Tuesday from the family’s home in Springdale, Ark.

Arkansas family prepares for baby No. 19 - Parenting & Family
The Duggar's are the epitomy of Good Parents in every single way. If only most of us could have been raised by the Duggars we'd have one great nation of very well adjusted people doing so much good for others! The only thing I worry about is the physical toll of being pregnant so many times on Mrs. Duggar.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Is this woman's maiden name Palin?
Sarah Palin does not have many kids, so this doesn't make sense. Palin is an excellent mother by the way!

Old 09-03-2009, 12:19 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
The Duggar's are the epitomy of Good Parents in every single way. If only most of us could have been raised by the Duggars we'd have one great nation of very well adjusted people doing so much good for others!
LOL, ah, no thanks. When Jim Bob claimed the teaching of evolution "is not scientific", that sealed the deal for me.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan View Post
Uneducated people! I guess she didn't have to push too hard! Gross!
They are not uneducated. Mr. Duggar was a state rep., he and Mrs. Duggar are very intelligent and it shows in the way they raise their children.

Old 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Quite the opposite. They are VERY educated
Hello? They are home schooled, and study only the curriculum from whatever religious sect they belong to. They can read and write, but they don't read anything of significance. They probably think the earth is flat.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM

491 posts, read 749,386 times
I have a problem that the children are brainwashed and they are overprotected and have not experienced much of the real world. There beliefs dictate everything they do including little things like dress or hair. For example the episode where they went to the creation muesum whenever they asked a kid about evolution they all gave the same answers there parents would. They can not think for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies