Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 09:46 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,157,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Uh, maybe you didn't know this, but the Duggar kids are ON tv.
Lemme get this right: they don't believe in owning/watching TV, but are ON TV??? What the hey???

I just feel sorry for those kids. How on earth would they EVER get one-one-one time w/ Mom & DAd???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 10:09 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No, I'm not stalking them. Frankly, I couldn't care less about them. I just think that when people are being insulting of a family, that the family deserves a defense.

As for the recycling, just buying all your clothing is a form of recycling. Moreover, their lifestyle is all about use, reuse, and find another use.

Compost, well, they grow their own veggies. They live in Arkansas. The clay soil needs a lot of amendment. Compost is the obvious and inexpensive way to do it. And composting is very common in the area.

I don't think that it's very nice of you or others to try to marginalize what I'm saying by impugning my character by suggesting I'm a stalker. I don't watch their show, though I've caught a couple episodes on repeat. I haven't read their book. I don't subscribe to their religious beliefs. I don't agree with them that having oodles of children is a good thing. But here's a thought, just because I don't agree with people doesn't mean that I have to put them down or disrespect them. I actually think trying to see things from the perspective of people I don't agree with is a good thing. I think trying to stretch yourself to empathize with others is healthy and broadening. I think insulting people because they don't live the way you do is small-minded.
You know, I didn't say anything about the Duggars before this but now I will.

Any family, for any reason, who has 19 kids is disgusting.
On an overpopulated planet, these people are both selfish and criminal. They're taking resources that belong to the world.

The woman is a slave to breeding; she has no time for herself nor to take care of those that she chose to breed. She has no quality time with these offspring and that will harm them.

I think most breeders are greedy, but this type of wanton consumption of resources on this planet is far beyond anything else I've witnessed.

Does she even know the names of her brood?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,105,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You know, I didn't say anything about the Duggars before this but now I will.

Any family, for any reason, who has 19 kids is disgusting.
On an overpopulated planet, these people are both selfish and criminal. They're taking resources that belong to the world.

The woman is a slave to breeding; she has no time for herself nor to take care of those that she chose to breed. She has no quality time with these offspring and that will harm them.

I think most breeders are greedy, but this type of wanton consumption of resources on this planet is far beyond anything else I've witnessed.

Does she even know the names of her brood?
Who in the world are you to tell people how many kids they can have?

If they can support them and not rely on the taxpayer, then more power to them

Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL! so true. Ive seen less than a single episode of this show, and I have read a little here and there. I know they are pretty devout christians.

and they have way more kids than I want to have. But good grief, why do people get so freaked out by others who do things differently?

What is funny to me is the intollerance comes from a segment that generally "preaches" tollerance. strange.
Aren't you guys the ones who complain about the Muslim birth rate, the "anchor babies" by "illegals" etc.

Is it because they're white, religious whackos that you support these crazies?

Ferd, not everything is political or cut by political lines except by people like you.
Might want to look at your part in political division in this country; that's a very big problem in the US today.

Old 09-01-2009, 10:16 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,472,760 times
Quote:
Aren't you guys the ones who complain about the Muslim birth rate, the "anchor babies" by "illegals" etc.

Is it because they're white, religious whackos that you support these crazies?
Isn't that the same reason you oppose them?

Old 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Any family, for any reason, who has 19 kids is disgusting. On an overpopulated planet, these people are both selfish and criminal.
"Criminal? Lady(loosely used), you have got to be kidding? Only a disgusting person would say such terrible things about a wonderful and happy family - and parents who love their children.

And yes - both parents know the names of their children

Your hatred for women who have children is legendary. Why don't you simply say that you disagree with the family having so many kids and leave it at that?

Last edited by Greatday; 09-01-2009 at 11:22 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 11:17 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,448,201 times
The thing that disturbs me about them is that their religion is what directs them to have a family of this size.
That is SO backward in my opinion.

In the end, it doesn't effect me but in my home they are nothing to be looked up to.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:19 PM

487 posts, read 636,835 times
Well from nature's standpoint these people are the winners, because after all nature's sole interest is survival and reproduction. You can criticize these people now but fact is in 100 years there's going to be a lot more of THEIR genes floating around than YOURS.

Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,888,203 times
Count me in as one of those who says "congratulations!" to the Duggars. These are good people who know how to raise other good people and I am happy they are taking on the task. I hope she gets to 24 so she can say she had two dozen kids.

One wonders why there are never any leftist contemptuous criticisms of other copious breeders, like, let's see . . . certain socioeconomic classes, certain religions, certain minorities . . . But you got you a whitey Christian to bash! How cool is that?

Old 09-01-2009, 11:57 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

I feel sorry for the female children. They're forced to be pretty much minihousewives from an early age, and the father has stated he doesn't want them to attend college... unless it's to become a nurse.
Those were my sentiments when I first read about them a few years ago. I think it's unfair that they've had to raise their own siblings when they have seemingly capable and healthy parents to do that.

I don't really care how many children a couple chooses to have but I find it hard to believe that those children have received the attention and childhood they each deserved to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies