Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 09:23 PM

59 posts, read 149,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
They'd consider it all right, for about 10 minutes. What are they going to do, work at McDonald's?
They could work in another country where they could keep all their profits. But yeah, realistically you're right I doubt most would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:29 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Must be careful of those left-wing polls that purport to support obamacare by doctors and other HC professoinals.
Shouldn't you be scouring the internet looking for a rebuttal?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:34 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
63% amounts to 1,341 doctors polled support the public option. That 1,341 is suppose to represent all the doctors nation wide.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:37 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
That's how polls work.

First time?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
That's how polls work.

First time?
No, that's why I don't trust polls. I've been involved in several telephone polls and that's why I don't trust them. All we see are the results on the news. What we don't see are the statements made prior to the questions being asked and the exact wording of the questions and the choice of answers. We don't know what geographical area of the country was polled and how many from each area. We don't know the political affiliation of the people polled. I don't even trust polls whose results I agree with because I don't know the details of the polls as stated above. The two doctors who conducted the above poll belong to an organization that already supports Obama's healthcare reform plan and so I question the poll they used to further their goals.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,190,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Investors.com - 45% Of Doctors Would Consider Quitting If Congress Passes Health Care Overhaul
So much for the phony rhetoric that doctors are on his side. Geez, how many more lies is the man going to be caught telling?
A poll by Investors Business Daily can only favor greedy capitalists. It's like Pravda for the capitalists. The Investors Business Daily is for the Status Quo.
So now doctors will be flipping burgers instead of being doctors!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:45 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
No, that's why I don't trust polls. I've been involved in several telephone polls and that's why I don't trust them. All we see are the results on the news. What we don't see are the statements made prior to the questions being asked and the exact wording of the questions and the choice of answers. We don't know what geographical area of the country was polled and how many from each area. We don't know the political affiliation of the people polled. I don't even trust polls whose results I agree with because I don't know the details of the polls as stated above. The two doctors who conducted the above poll belong to an organization that already supports Obama's healthcare reform plan and so I question the poll they used to further their goals.
A sensible reason. Polls are tools, they're either public propaganda tools or private strategy tools. You know what you're getting if you ever see one in public.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
The argument is amazing. The system can't handle 47 million (pick your number) new patients so therefore those 47 million must stay without health insurance.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:47 PM

9,746 posts, read 11,167,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
63% amounts to 1,341 doctors polled support the public option. That 1,341 is suppose to represent all the doctors nation wide.
There is something called "T tables" in stats. It's been years since I had to look at the tables but Q=1341 is a high sample to get a statistically significantly poll. Putting it another way, sampling 1341 Doc's will result in nearly the identical results as testing every doctor.

Old 09-15-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
There is something called "T tables" in stats. It's been years since I had to look at the tables but Q=1341 is a high sample to get a statistically significantly poll. Putting it another way, sampling 1341 Doc's will result in nearly the identical results as testing every doctor.
I understand the theory but I don't know the script used to make the poll (used to influence the person towards the choice the poller wishes to have), the geographical area of those polled (certain geographical areas are more likely to be like minded politically), political affiliation of those polled (how many were Democrats, how many were Republicans, how many were other?). A skilled pollster can influence their poll to get the results they desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies