Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 01:47 PM

429 posts, read 1,116,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Well if you looked over the past few decades and our economic policy, during the mid and late 90's is where our economic policy focused the most on the working and middle class. Poverty rates and crime rates dropped dramatically, with the biggest drops in the inner-cities. Fast foward a few years or go back into the 80's when these things went up, as our economic policy focused mostly on the very wealthy.

As far as the issues of Latinos and Gays, Latinos in part fit in the same realm with African Americans as it involves economic policy (as poverty rates of Latinos declined sharply in the 90's as well) and you also have the immigration issue. With Gays, who are the ones that have been out front in Gay Rights issues, whether it was discrimination in the work place, hate crime legislation, Civil Unions, and now Gay Marriage, graned not all of that is on the Democratic Platform, though most are and others seem to be moving in that direction. Its pretty easy to see who has been up front on these issues and which side is trying to do everything in their power to block it, including Amending the Constitution of all things.
Touche.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:48 PM

99 posts, read 163,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
John, i've read through your post, even asked a few questions that you've chosen to ignore. Why?

I don't acknowledge practicioners of racial double standards. If someone of a paler persuasion had a screenname like yours with their color placed where your color is, you'd be crying racism.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM

99 posts, read 163,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARL_MARX View Post
SAYS THE GUY WHO POSTED A Thomas Sowell VIDEO. A GUY WHO IS KNOWN WITHIN THE CORNELL FAMILY FOR HAVING TURNED IN A PLAGIARIZED SENIOR THESIS. LOL CLOWN!

NICE TRY CHAMP

Says the guy with the screenname of a man whose ideology is a laughing stock in the trash bin of history, and who has to type in caps to compensate for inferior substance.

Actually, to say your substance is inferior is to say there actually IS substance in any of your incoherent posts. Unfortunately it is not.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:55 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStockton View Post

Also, I AM A MINORITY.
What, Uzbek? Turkman? Kazakh? I'm wondering what minority group a person from a former Soviet Union country might be, and why such a person would have an interest in perceptions of American white liberals - who feels liberal whites are embarrassed by their whiteness and should instead be proud of it, and who goes to great lengths to boast about how much better whites are.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
All 50 states. Please familiarize yourself with welfare and what it entails before sounding foolish by laughing at facts

WRONG ....Maybe you should familiarize yourself on FACTS before stating incorrect opinion. Here in the Northeast a FAMILY (which includes FATHERS) can receive Welfare.

So again, list the States that require the FATHER to move out of the home in order for the family to receive welfare.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:57 PM

3,504 posts, read 3,923,793 times
why do you troll and post a racial thread everyday?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM

429 posts, read 1,116,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
What, Uzbek? Turkman? Kazakh? I'm wondering what minority group a person from a former Soviet Union country might be...
I think that group of people were in fact considered minorities up until a certain point in the US, because they were considered non-whites. I doubt they are still thought of as nonwhites in today's time though.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:00 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
Quote:
I don't acknowledge practicioners of racial double standards. If someone of a paler persuasion had a screenname like yours with their color placed where your color is, you'd be crying racism.

LMAO...You are hilarious and definately new to the forum as well as screen names...There is a proudwhite, proud&white, white&proud on these boards and I applaud them for taking pride in who they are and their culture. But again, your 3 for 3 with the subliminal posts today.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
Quote:
All 50 states. Please familiarize yourself with welfare and what it entails before sounding foolish by laughing at facts
No state requires the father to move out or be absent to recieve welfare. The reason some people have the father move out or appear to move out is so that his income don't count against them. If he makes more then the income guidlines, then no they can't recieve it, so if he supposedly moves out, then they qualify, but, if the father don't have income or is low income, it can and many times will increase the amount they get.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:07 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGrad2009 View Post
I think that group of people were in fact considered minorities up until a certain point in the US, because they were considered non-whites. I doubt they are still thought of as nonwhites in today's time though.
Well, my point is that OP in another thread claimed to be from the former Soviet Union, he posts nothing but threads about how whites are superior, he despises liberal whites who, as he sees it, are apologetic about being white or who like diversity, and here he claims to be a minority. That last claim was given as evidence of credibility, as in "I'm not a white person being racist against minorities, I'm one of them, too but I'm a critical one."

EDIT: I missed a few pages of this thread - seems as if Mr Stockton imagines Latvians, or Ukranians, or other such white Europeans, qualify for minority status in America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies