Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:11 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
On Saturday before the vote on the health care bill Obama met with the entire Dem Caucus in the House to urge them to support the pending health care bill. In his remarks to the legislators he called those opposed to the bill "teabag, anti-government" types. So he de-legtitimized almost 50% of the House of Representatives and (by some polling) more than 50% of the American people. Apart from the implied obscenity and the callous arrogance of this man one has to wonder about his political acumen. Does he honestly think that the American people will ignore his slur in the next elections?
Jim, have you heard that some Democrat strategists have been getting threatening phone calls from the White House? They are being threatened with the fact that many of their clients may well stop using them. They are being told that going on FoxNews is not acceptable. The war against Fox now consists of anything they can use against Fox even to threatening people who use their constitutional right to free speech to go on Fox and push the Obama screed. It gets worse and worse. I wonder if those people over there aren't finding themselves being more attentive to Fox and the tea parties than they are to doing their jobs. Whoops, their jobs are to deflect things said by the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,382,040 times
You know; I have no issues with the tea party and I think it's great that they're making themselves heard; but it's a little hard for me to believe you're upset about his policies when you're carrying around signs that talk about Obama’s race, nationality, religion, middle name…what does that have to do with healthcare? And if it has nothing to do with healthcare then WHY are you bringing it up? I’ve never been fond of crazy but this year it seems like that’s the flavor to be.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:33 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,693 times
The teabaggers should be ignored until they learn how to debate rationally and respectfully. In the meantime they just sound like a bunch of paranoid children who base their entire argument on emotion & talking points rather than facts. They'd also have a lot more credibility if they would've protested higher taxes & more government when Bush was in office.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:36 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,390,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
The teabaggers should be ignored until they learn how to debate rationally and respectfully. In the meantime they just sound like a bunch of paranoid children who base their entire argument on emotion & talking points rather than facts. They'd also have a lot more credibility if they would've protested higher taxes & more government when Bush was in office.

hey look everybody here is another pervert!

howdy pervert.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
hey look everybody here is another pervert!

howdy pervert.
Thanks for proving my previous post Ferd.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:39 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Quote:
On Saturday before the vote on the health care bill Obama met with the entire Dem Caucus in the House to urge them to support the pending health care bill. In his remarks to the legislators he called those opposed to the bill "teabag, anti-government" types. So he de-legtitimized almost 50% of the House of Representatives and (by some polling) more than 50% of the American people. Apart from the implied obscenity and the callous arrogance of this man one has to wonder about his political acumen. Does he honestly think that the American people will ignore his slur in the next elections?
I have to agree, why pay any attention to 20% of the electorate that does nothing but whine and say no. Wait on them and nothing will get done, then they will complain that nothing has been done

Just look at this board, same people every day; Oh he went to europe, Oh he did go to europe, and on and on ad nauseum

Old 11-09-2009, 11:41 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
hussein obama is a first all right. He has attained the title of the most low class president in history.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM

5,477 posts, read 12,249,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
sounds like your making reference to the last guy?
Yep. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Hopeychangey blah.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
I think you should offer a link where he actually says what you are claiming he said, or you should make clear that you are inferring the remark from his statements.

I think that while many people of many political persuasions might be opposed to this bill, that there are many reasons for the opposition, some very substantive reasons, and other reasons that really have no basis with regards to this bill. So I don't think that the American people will really worry over-much about what you are characterizing as a "slur" in the next elections.

He didn't de-legitimize anyone, though he might have slighted some people. And the people he may have slighted were not people who support our President or, in turn, support candidates that might further President Obama's agenda. So he doesn't really lose support on this issue because of his remarks.

I do think, though, that the President, and the people in the legislature, should be less quick to dismiss the tea party movement. Disaffected Americans deserve a more respectful hearing than I think they have thus-far gotten.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
That is exactly why they have no credibility as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies