Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 12:16 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,767,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You are quite right I have a right to quit. What will happwn is a small percentage will do just that. But the bigger problem is the future, the best and brightest will not be inclined to go into medicine they will take their talents eleswhere and the quality of our healthcare will decline.

Here is an imperfect analogy. Do you know the Canadian fim industry higjly regulates what actors can be paid? No suppose The US regulated actors pay and Canda didn't. What do you suppose would happen to the US film industry?

Please tell me why you believe food is a "right"? It simply isn't.

No one has a right to police officers as a society we have determined that certain funtions are best handled by the government. They are very few and law enforcement is one of those.

People pay market rate for food. The government does not dictate reimbursement as they do in healthcare.
read the whole post I did not make the analogy to food.

ummm well over 50% of citizens support the idea of single payer so we as a society find it to be important
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You fail to mention (fortunately I know more than a few people in the same field as your wife) that medicare doesn't always pay the full amount they owe. They pay a set amount regardless of the cost, which means the hospital/provider is stiffed on the bill in many cases.

just like insurance does dont try to twist it. I had a 6,000 hospital bill that insurance 2300 on and thats that but the uninsured would owe 6,000

Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
oh and they weren't being made? nothing worse than a racist who can't even admit it.
You're absolutely right - assumptions were being made - I just find it interesting and amusing that there was nothing in the wording/syntax/context of the post that was overtly racist.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
I see... it's really about your wife getting paid in a timely manner.

i am done replying to you. you are ignorant and have no valid point in your statements. I'm gonna make my keyboard last longer by ignoring your utter ignorance.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree health care is a right. I also think being responsible and contributing your fair share to society is a right. People assume a Right = Free. People have that confused and assume that health care should be a right and thus they shouldn't have to pay for it or prioritize it. It's amazing because people will not complain about paying $200 for an I-phone or a $30,000 for a new car but those same people don't want to pay for health insurance. I've seen Medicaid patients drive BMW's and have Coach purses. It's funny because you couldn't find a single Nintendo Wii a year ago because everyone felt they had to buy it even if they couldn't afford it but when it comes to healthcare, it's down on the priority list.

The funny thing is people in this country find a way to buy things when they want them but when it comes to health insurance, it's suddenly "Well I'm owed that so I shouldn't pay for it" I'm not defending insurance companies because they are ripping off people by continuing to increase premiums and profits and I believe in reform but I also think Americans need to prioritize their spending habits and not buy homes that are 10 times their annual salary or a buy a luxury car instead of buying health insurance.
no one said free

Old 11-12-2009, 12:22 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,697,869 times
Quote:
just like insurance does dont try to twist it. I had a 6,000 hospital bill that insurance 2300 on and thats that but the uninsured would owe 6,000
And that's why hospitals have payment plans. I was uninsured for the birth of my 2nd and 3rd children. Both hospitals knew that. They worked out a payment plan I could afford. It took a while but it got paid. As long as I paid something each month they were happy.

You seem to be having a hard time grasping this concept. No one owes you anything. It's not the governments job to take care of you.

That is your responsibility.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM

8,090 posts, read 15,167,694 times
Quote:
oh and they weren't being made? nothing worse than a racist who can't even admit it.
...Except someone who sees racism behind every tree.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyz1 View Post
I'm not taking anything out of context. You could have answered that question in a number of different ways but you chose that way

you are right i am envious of rich people thats why i support Health care

Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 PM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,902 times
Quote:
This is not accurate. Many hospitals, at least in my area, will negotiate with cash paying patients resulting in drastically reduced final bills.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:25 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
i am done replying to you. you are ignorant and have no valid point in your statements. I'm gonna make my keyboard last longer by ignoring your utter ignorance.
Now you know the reason one quits beating one's head against a brick wall. It feels good, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies