Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:28 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That's not true. Whites who are dressed poorly are called red necks and white trash. There are definitely negative White stereotypes. I don't care what race you are, if you show up to an interview with multiple tattoos, improper grooming, and multiple piercings, you will have a negative perception about you.
Get back to me on this when a White 17 year old kid gets shot by a White person while he's wearing a hoodie and carrying a can of ice tea and some skittles.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:30 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I'd rather be robbed and my money taken.
I rather not have my family randomly attacked, killed or almost killed.
I can make a effort to get or earn my money back.

A little different if I'm dead.
If you are White you are far more likely to killed by another White person than a Black person.

The reality is in most cases people are killed by other people of the same race.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:39 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
I'd rather be robbed and my money taken.
I rather not have my family randomly attacked, killed or almost killed.

I can make a effort to get or earn my money back.
A little different if I'm dead.
Obviously you've never crossed path with the Aryon brotherhood...

Ever heard of 'white on white' violence?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:08 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Care to elaborate on what you disagree with ?
Even Bill Cosby says some of the same things using different words.
I don't think youre going to get an answer on this one.
Jazzy T is far too busy responding to the easy posts where he can use his trademark '4 rolleyes smilies' .

Old 05-28-2012, 03:16 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Do you AA folks in this thread blame white people for the fact that the blacks living across from my office throw poopy diapers out on the street? If so then I guess I better stop and clean up everyday on the way into work

Old 05-28-2012, 03:22 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Get back to me on this when a White 17 year old kid gets shot by a White person while he's wearing a hoodie and carrying a can of ice tea and some skittles.
Yawn, more anecdotal irrelevance from the usual suspects. I find it ironic that you claim there is no one African American culture but have no problem extrapolating one event to represent what happens nationwide.

Why don't you check in on Chicago this weekend. I winder how many whites have killed blacks there?

Old 05-28-2012, 03:36 PM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
That may well happen if and when a white 17 year old kid wearing a hoodie, carrying a can of ice tea and a bag of skittles, jumps someone with a gun and proceeds to beat his skull into the sidewalk repeatedly.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I've had enough of this idiotic behavior in the black community. It's just down right sick. There is a segment of the black population that is causing problems for the blacks that are productive and want to live a higher quality of life.

MOST black areas in major cities are total WAR ZONES. I talk with friends and family about this isse very often.

It's hard for blacks with decent incomes to find establishments that cater to blacks because those damn thugs have destroyed black communities across the country.

They tear up the properties and the violence is unbelievable. I'd like to go to a high end restaurants and stores owned by blacks but it's hard to find areas in major cities that have not been over taken black poor black thug culture.

Heck I'd like to go high end stores owned by whites if they were opening up shop in black areas but they don't and I cannot blame them.

I would bet and like to believe if those destroyed black areas in the cities were majority middle class to upper class blacks with decent to high incomes and high net worth, whites and blacks alike would open businesses in those areas.

It am totally disappointed considering all of the years of hard work blacks have put in fighting for civil rights. I also would like to add that whites helped fight for the civil rights of blacks as well. It seems as if it has been wasted. :-(

I'll probably get bashed for this thread because someone will make up 1 million excuses is to why the behavior is justified.

What are some possible solutions?

+ 100!

As far as your question: African American neighborhoods need to be taken over by some type of dictator to permanently imprison the trash and forcefully discipline the rest.

You're basically going to have to start from kids 15 and younger and rebuild upwards.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
I noticed a drastic increase in thug culture during the Bush presidency. He obviously had something to do with it.
Thug culture came about from rap music. You can thank 2pac, Biggie and other rappers who made millions from selling the thug life.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
You won't get bashed, this thread will simply get swept under the rug. For some reason, people do not want to acknowledge the issues you brought up.
Because instead of black people dealing with the problem and accepting responsibly, black people rather spend time in church giving whatever collective power they have away to their pastor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies