Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 09:54 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Like I said, head in sand. My opinion was formed by educating myself on the subject. It's pretty ugly when you really look into it.

Rest assured no one will be killing gays in this country like in muslim countries unless we get too many muslims immigrating here.
But I'm still unclear on what you're trying to say on the subject. You say that homosexuality is pretty ugly, but what are you referring to? If you're only referring to NAMBLA, well then I'd have to say like others have said, you're very uneducated on the subject of homosexuality. I should know, I have many gay friends & my best friend is gay. And AnUnidentifiedMale IS gay so you've got first hand research on it from that poster. I just really don't understand why there is so much disdain & ugliness coming from your posts on the subject of gays...surely they've done you no amount of harm that would warrant that kind of reaction. I'm really perplexed...can you perhaps give us an insight as to why you have such a knee-jerk reaction?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
But I'm still unclear on what you're trying to say on the subject. You say that homosexuality is pretty ugly, but what are you referring to? If you're only referring to NAMBLA, well then I'd have to say like others have said, you're very uneducated on the subject of homosexuality. I should know, I have many gay friends & my best friend is gay. And AnUnidentifiedMale IS gay so you've got first hand research on it from that poster. I just really don't understand why there is so much disdain & ugliness coming from your posts on the subject of gays...surely they've done you no amount of harm that would warrant that kind of reaction. I'm really perplexed...can you perhaps give us an insight as to why you have such a knee-jerk reaction?
I share your thoughts.

It makes sense to me that gays would be very interested in talking about laws related to homosexuality, but for the people who claim to be so against it - why are they obsessed with it? Wouldn't it make more sense to stay away from the topic if it bothers them so much?

Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
No I am not going to get in some great gay debate. You have your believes and I have mine. I made mine on common sense and research. What you may not find repulsive, I may. What you find normal, I may not, and so on.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
No I am not going to get in some great gay debate. You have your believes and I have mine. I made mine on common sense and research. What you may not find repulsive, I may. What you find normal, I may not, and so on.
Yes, but at some point, I think it makes sense to pay attention to research done by universities and scientists who have studied the issue for decades, not religious organizations who start out with a belief that homosexuality is immoral.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:03 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,968 times
Quote:
I find your response to be disconcerting. Why would you be on a forum that is very big on debating issues if you clearly don't wish to debate? I asked you your thoughts in a very civil manner & you still came back w/a retort...again, I have no idea why you would want to be on this forum if you don't wish to communicate w/people & instead decide to just toss around your assumptions, judgments & seeming hatred w/out an explanation. That's a little weird, most people have an explanation for why they think the way they do. To me, it seems like instead of sharing thoughts, you have an agenda. What that agenda is, I can only guess, but it doesn't seem very positive or civil.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, but at some point, I think it makes sense to pay attention to research done by universities and scientists who have studied the issue for decades, not religious organizations who start out with a belief that homosexuality is immoral.

You assume too much. Who said I reaserch religious sites?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
You assume too much. Who said I reaserch religious sites?
I have to assume that because the consensus among mainstream medical professionals is that homosexuality is normal. It is not a mental illness. It hasn't been considered a mental illness since the early 1970s. Educated people know this.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 PM

Money, pressure, threats and payoffs get many so called professionals to sign off on anything. Hey kind of like the global warming scam!

Old 12-02-2009, 11:15 PM

403 posts, read 535,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
I'm all for this. I wish we can enact this law in the USA. Maybe then we would be less of a laughingstock
this comment reminds me of a story of a short & chubby guy who got picked on by women because of his tiny penis. he ended up killing those women.

do you really want america to be the guy with the small penis?

Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Money, pressure, threats and payoffs get many so called professionals to sign off on anything. Hey kind of like the global warming scam!
Ah, so it's all a conspiracy, but YOU know the truth.

Sure. Whatever. You're a conspiracy theorist on this issue, and so your opinion has no credibility, as far as I'm concerned. You've got your own truth and your own agenda to pursue, so research doesn't matter to you.

There are people who still believe we never really went to the moon. They believe it was all done on a Hollywood soundstage in order to fool the world. You have something in common with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies