Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 03:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,668,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
LOL try it today on your stove. I'll call the Nobel committee.

BTW I think you're the poster child for the thread Do You Value the Opinions of Educated People More Than the Uneducated? There are quite a few on the thread who espouse relying on "common sense".

You and dcashley should hook up. You're a great tag team.
Common sense is pretty important. But folks like you, that lack both intelligence and common sense, can still get a piece of paper saying you got an education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2009, 03:59 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,068,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Common sense is pretty important. But folks like you, that lack both intelligence and common sense, can still get a piece of paper saying you got an education.
LOL from a guy who thinks water goes above 212° F while boiling in a pot.

You keep trying Kramar.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM

It does. It still boils when it is above 212, turns into steam? Sure, but the water still in the pot can exceed 212. That's just simple fact.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:15 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,399,001 times
Quote:
Real data? The community does deal with real data. Why do you deny what 100,000
members of AAAS can see clearly?

Real data? 50 cubic miles of water is melting from the Greenland Ice Sheet per year. At some point that entire structure becomes unstable and starts sliding into the sea. That's a 23 foot increase in sea level. How's that for real data? Statistically, how many homes and businesses that are now occupied will be inundated Mr. Statistician?

According to NOAA the ten warmest years in recorded history have all occurred in the last dozen years. What's the probability of that occurring by chance Mr. Statistician?

Get to work, Sparky
You are apparently unable to deal with the facts that I posted. So much for your high-falutin' grad degree. So much for your credibility. As a result, your propositions regarding anything scientific are not credible. Ah well, Mr. Smokescreen--keep it up, I am sure you will hood wink a few unsuspecting types here in CD.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:21 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
An NTC thermistor is a semiconductor made from metalic
oxides, pressed into a small bead, disk, wafer, or other shape,
sintered at high temperatures, and then coated with epoxy or
glass. The resulting device exhibits an electrical resistance that
has a very predictable change with temperature.
http://www.thermistor.com/pdf/NTCThe...ignGuide07.pdf

Thermistor Manufacturer, Thermistor Temperature Sensor, Thermistors, USB Data Logger

Old 12-17-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
It does. It still boils when it is above 212, turns into steam? Sure, but the water still in the pot can exceed 212. That's just simple fact.

That quite literally blows the whole theory of HVAC/R out of the water. You'd make a lot of people mad with these statements because that would mean they'd been doing it wrong for over a century. I don't agree with rlchurch on much but on this he/she's 100% correct.

Water properties: Water Science for Schools: Physical and chemical water properties

Old 12-17-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Try it tonight on the stove. LOL

Common sense = village idiot

Old 12-17-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
You are apparently unable to deal with the facts that I posted. So much for your high-falutin' grad degree. So much for your credibility. As a result, your propositions regarding anything scientific are not credible. Ah well, Mr. Smokescreen--keep it up, I am sure you will hood wink a few unsuspecting types here in CD.
My graduate degree is economics/finance. But I thought a statistical wizard like you would be able to give us a statistical opinion on the odds that by pure chance 10 of the warmest years in recorded history all happened in the last 12 years. That's a testable proposition, right? Up your alley? Something a sophomore statistics student should be able to calculate.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
As long as a vessel of water is boiling at 760 mmHg, it will remain at 100°C until the phase change is complete. Rapidly boiling water is not at a higher temperature than slowly boiling water. The stability of the boiling point makes it a convenient calibration temperature for temperature scales.
Vapor Pressure

Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Try it tonight on the stove. LOL

Common sense = village idiot
And when I come back and tell you that I was successful in doing so? What will you say then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies