Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:53 AM

4,899 posts, read 7,451,751 times

Advertisements

Just proves the Associated Press has a right-wing agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 05:55 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
His attack on the SCOUTUS was classless and shows how little respect he has for our system of government, He hurt the office of the president
I've never seen a president constantly on the attack to demonize someone, some business, some group as he engages in his partisan divisive politics.

On every issue - the pattern is the same.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,788,537 times
Sad when all GOP has to offer is hatred and heckling. You're that void of integrity, content, or any meaningful contribution to this country beyond cashing out it's brand name recongition. Pathetic waste of space. Give up the chair to independents. At least they're constructive and don't shred the ^%$*& constitution to pieces.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How was it classless?

He said with all due respect to separation of powers, he disagreed with the ruling. Thats like saying others disagree with the President, or that the President disagrees with congress.

Its not disrespectful.

Then, he urged congress to pass a law that would limit campaign finance from corporations and foreign interests.

I agree with the Supreme courts decision that McCain Feingold was unconstitutional, however, nothing wrong with the President asking congress to fix the loop hole either.
How about when he is lying to the public, which is exactly what he did as he "framed" the issue? The ruling by the court will NOT allow foreign donations to political campaigns - but yet thats exactly what he said for the purpose of trying to get the public behind him on this red herring.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,890,146 times
I believe it was the same old retoric. The same pablum puking people we always get, patting us on the head and saying we'll be OK. And it comes from both sides. My feelings are that we use the term limit in place and vote for real change and keep voting these bums out aft 4-8 years. They get too complacent and don't really do much more than go for re-election.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:59 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
4. Actions speak louder than words. No doubt Obama can deliver a speech. Personally I love listening to him. I really do. I was the same with Clinton.
Obama just does not deliver on what he promises.
Work together? Yet they lock the other party out of meetings.
Change? What change? Bills are still loaded with pork. No accountability.
Change? The lobbyists still have more say than the voter.
Cut spending? Well we won't hold our breaths on that one.
I make 80G a year. I have yet to see him deliver on anything that helps my tax bracket.
If he is going to cut spending a good place to start is with foreign aid.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about when he is lying to the public, which is exactly what he did as he "framed" the issue? The ruling by the court will NOT allow foreign donations to political campaigns - but yet thats exactly what he said for the purpose of trying to get the public behind him on this red herring.
Haha, Obama complaining about foreign donations.. How quickly they expect us to forget about Obama and all of the donations made in individuals names who claim they never gave using throw away debit cards..

Old 01-28-2010, 06:06 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
He has proposed a lot of spending and tax credits that will be balanced by taxing big companies and individuals making over $250,000. The spending won't pass, but tax credits will. The old tax cuts will be allowed to sunset, but it won't be enough to cover spending.
He didn't propose major cuts, but the budget committee he is commissioning by executive order will recommend major cuts in those items that he has NOT frozen. That will be interesting how he handles that.
I give it an 8 in presentation, a 5 in proposals.

Edit: added NOT in front of frozen
See Im pro Obama but why cant people just explain it the way you just did instead of calling him all the names they do. If that were the case a real debate could happen so.... thank you

Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,485,000 times
I realize that the right-wing trash-peddlers are de facto obligated to invent ridiculous complaints about each hour of Obama's day, but this is really kind of lame even by their standards...

Old 01-28-2010, 06:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Haha, Obama complaining about foreign donations.. How quickly they expect us to forget about Obama and all of the donations made in individuals names who claim they never gave using throw away debit cards..
Sweet! Where's the link to this story? That definitely flew under the radar as far as I'm concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies