Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,827,047 times

Advertisements

The attack on the Supreme Court Justices while they were sitting in the Capitol, the democrats applauding like epileptic penguins..is the most opprobrious act I have witnessed in government.

Obama is nothing more than a heinous street thug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:21 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The Supreme Court is NOT the GOP

Its sad when internet posters dont know the difference between the two or did you seriously not read the story and just needed another reason this morning to bash Republicans?

Bush v Gore

Old 01-28-2010, 07:22 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
The attack on the Supreme Court Justices while they were sitting in the Capitol, the democrats applauding like epileptic penguins behind them..is the most opprobrious act I have witnessed in government.

Obama is nothing more than heinous street thug.

But yelling "You lie" in the middle of the POTUS speech is much better?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
But yelling "You lie" in the middle of the POTUS speech is much better?
Dragging made no such claim.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
No respect for the document starting out.... WE THE PEOPLE

Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 AM

81 posts, read 45,386 times
Quote:
The Supreme Court is NOT the GOP

Its sad when internet posters dont know the difference between the two or did you seriously not read the story and just needed another reason this morning to bash Republicans?

It's a natural reflex for a leftist

Old 01-28-2010, 07:26 AM

1,147 posts, read 1,899,611 times
Quote:
Dragging made no such claim.
Where was the outrage from the right when it happen?

And since when is it not OK for one branch of government to disagree with another branch given that it was his turn to speak.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:28 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Georgre Washington give the shortest State of the Union speech in 1790 so presidents have been boring people for a very long time.

If you want some State of the Union trivia check out my link. State of the Union Trivia and Statistics - Robert Schlesinger (usnews.com)

Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
Where was the outrage from the right when it happen?

And since when is it not OK for one branch of government to disagree with another branch given that it was his turn to speak.
Why would I have outrage over someone calling the president out for LYING? Thats what we elect them for, not to stand there and to hold the presidents hand and pretend things arent the way they are.

The time/place wasnt appropriate but the action was. But this thread isnt about Joe Wilson..

Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
This is what really bothers me most about this President. He thinks he knows what is best for everyone. He is the all knowing Obama and only his policies will work.

He lectures us, he does not talk to us. He needs to sit down and listen to Reagan speeches and learn how to communicate.

Obama is not a great communicator he is a good orator. He dictates well, he communicates terribly.
Well said.

U.S. citizens built a great country long before Obama was around. I know, hard to believe, but the U.S. did very well without Obama. Shock!!

U.S. citizens need a POTUS that will listen and lead, not lecture and lie.

The one thing I find really disturbing about his speeches (any of them) is his use of "my" and "mine".....as in "my Treasury Secretary", "my Congress", etc, etc. Nothing is his. Everything is the peoples. The position of POTUS is about the country and the people....not the man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies