Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:41 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,920 times

Advertisements

The great pretender was at his worst last night. Liberals across America have to be thinking "I voted for that dufus? OMG!!!"

It's less than 3 years until this joker is given the boot, let's hope that time truly flies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 06:42 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
how people could even consider giving him a 10 in light of all that has been stolen from the american people, i can't imagine......
You can't imagine?

If you are asked to rate the speech, then why don't you just rate the speech?

You are rating how much you like/hate the person, and your assesment on future events, but you are not rating the speech.

Stolen....lol

Old 01-28-2010, 06:42 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Is this post meant to be a joke. Shredding the Constitution to shreds has been the modus operandi of this administration and the Fed. Please, dig below the surface and rhetoric. Yes, both parties are inept, corrupt and need to be shuttled. This will never happen as long as people melt at the feet of charismatic politicians.
Party hard liners
Now if the same so called jerk did that to Bush? Hero..

Old 01-28-2010, 06:46 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,538,276 times
Default Why I don't watch the "State of the Union" speech

I don't know when this became a tradition but this is a tradition that has made me sick to death and so I refuse to watch the actual SOTU speech no matter who is president. This is the butt kissing standing ovation after each and every statement of the president by members of his own party. It's blatantly obvious butt kissing and does nothing more than waste time. What I'd love to see is everyone in the room sit on their hands and remain silent until the president has finished his SOTU statement. Even better, just release a written press release or a SOTU released on the White House's website. A historian was on a news program and said that at one time some presidents would not make such a speech before congress because it smacked of royalty and instead would simply release a written statement. This isn't about Obama or Democrats because members of both parties have done this whenever their party is in the White House.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,849,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Do you ever remember a President calling out the Supreme Court during the state of the Union?

Whether you agree with their decision or not! Which I do not agree with the decision myself.
But It was a classless trashy move. Even Al Gore urged his campaign not to trash the SC after they awarded the 2000 election to Bush.

This President is the most egomaniacal narcissist we have ever had for a President.

When Clinton was weakened by a turn against the Democrats he was conciliatory and moderated. This President is a stubborn inexperienced snob.

I wish he fails terribly.
Remember he is better then Clinton. He said so when he told democrats when reminded of 94 that this isnt 94 they have him.

Your right we got our answer on is Obama going to move towards the center. NO. He is so out of touch and doesnt even realize it. His handlers are doing him a great injustice.

Obama calling out the supreme court shows his ego.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:47 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,549,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
They all make errors, on both sides, and Obama knows that but will not acknowledge it directly. No humility in that man.
"Bring it on"

"Mission Accomplished"

And then there were the many times that he brushed off any and all criticism with his typical "history will vindicate me" pomposity. Yeah, Bush Jr. was just chock full of humility. And even the most die-hard republican would have to admit that Dick Cheney doesn't have a humble bone in his pasty pale body.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, thats all that matters to you isnt it? Ignore all of the lying by the president, lets focus on the man who didnt have a sound come from his mouth..
Huh of course I care about the lies from Obama. I was responding to someones post about his comment on the supreme court

Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 AM

23,563 posts, read 17,237,701 times
Default Far Side cartoon plagerized

What the president said...."Let me be perfectly clear.....

What the people heard.....Blah, blah blah, blah

The content of the speech given his demonstrated behaviors bespeak hollow words and rhetorical flourishes otherwise known as lies to everyone not a lawyer or politician.

To the rest of you, doesn't PO sound like one of those 70s songs where the sound, rhythm and beat are great to dance to but you never understood the words until years later when the Smashing Pumpkins redid the song in slo mo and the words became clear? Weren't you surprised!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:53 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,054,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Remember he is better then Clinton. He said so when he told democrats when reminded of 94 that this isnt 94 they have him.

Your right we got our answer on is Obama going to move towards the center. NO. He is so out of touch and doesnt even realize it. His handlers are doing him a great injustice.

Obama calling out the supreme court shows his ego.
I blame Rham Emmanuel. He is the king of all snakes. A vindictive a--hole.

I believe if Obama fires him he and the nation will be alot better off.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I blame Rham Emmanuel. He is the king of all snakes. A vindictive a--hole.

I believe if Obama fires him he and the nation will be alot better off.
I dont think thats ever going to happen. I think they are 2 peas in a pod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies