Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you watching/did you watch the State of the Union?
Yes - I'm left wing 49 44.95%
Yes - I'm right wing 45 41.28%
No - I'm left wing 5 4.59%
No - I'm right wing 10 9.17%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 12:51 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Uh, what?

Lies? I just posted on another thread that Politifact has Obama's truth to false rating at 192 to 43, and only 3 are rated as "pants on fire" false.

The rest of the country is on to him? He was elected by a huge margin, holding steady in approval ratings and so far the response to this SotU speech has been very positive.

I think you're living in a fantasy land.

It's kind of hard to rate his lies when mos of waht he said was false promises. By the end most will be lies. It's pretty funny you are willing to accept 43 lies from someone that has your future in his hands Make no mistake about it, more of what he said will end up being lies.

It's not me that is living ina fantasy land
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 12:53 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Pelosi looked like she really had to go to the bathroom

You made me laugh, awwwwwwww you noticed the drill every freaking 5 minutes, the women was standing up.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:55 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Why wouldn't the Republicans feel good? hussein obama lied throughout. You have to understand that it is only the left wingers that believe all his lies. The rest of the country is on to him. You should have wished hussein obama had finally got his act together.
The only lies here are yours with your "holier than thou" attitude.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:10 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Everone has there own take, on the speech, perhaps we are all a little right. To me it seemed more like Campaign Promises or a Lecture, directed to us the People. Yes Obama is Articulate and chooses his words wisely, He is Charismatic in his own way, but does he bring to us the Substance and honesty that we so deserve. Or is this more rhetoric, with meaningless words. Anyone can give a speech, but can they deliver what they have promised, or is this more of nothing. It was just another Different Day, Different Time, Same Speech. We are now at the point, where we want action. What do you expect of the Republicians, when in case you have not noticed, The Dems hold the majority in Congress. They are more then capable of passing bills with substance, but they even know they have delivered, crap. So on his merit of being honest to the American public, delivering, to us what is needed to get this economy going, so far has failed, until i see Proof, that this economy is starting to move in the right direction, not by what is being said to me, but from proof in my home state. I will give a 5 because as some of you know I have heard it all before, and until this President delivers that is my score.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:18 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
I do not like Obama very much, but I do have to say his speech excellent. I gave it a 10.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's kind of hard to rate his lies when mos of waht he said was false promises. By the end most will be lies.
Again, you are clueless. Politifact keeps track of the promises kept and promises broken. Right now the count is 91 to 15.

Quote:
It's pretty funny you are willing to accept 43 lies from someone that has your future in his hands
Gee, this is pretty funny.

First off, I didn't say lies. I said false statements, and there is a pretty big difference between the two. Even if you consider the "pants on fire" the bar for lies, McCain is still more than double up (7 "pants on fire") on Obama with far less truthful statements (192 to 107) and the exact same number of false statements (43).

But you know what really makes this funny? By your own admission, you voted for John McCain.

You've also been a pretty big Sarah Palin supporter on this forum, and her truth to false ratio is easily the worst of the group (23 to 10, with 3 "pants on fire")

So, have any other softballs you want to throw my way, or are you going to make the smart move and run away from this thread with your tail tucked between your legs?

I'd suggest the later.

Quote:
Make no mistake about it, more of what he said will end up being lies.
Maybe, but currently the scoreboard says exactly the opposite.

Quote:
It's not me that is living ina fantasy land
Yes, you're clearly in touch with reality.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM

205 posts, read 589,296 times
I need an 11 option. He was outstanding. As usual.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:59 AM

613 posts, read 1,055,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturen View Post
If the party of NO would stop dragging their feet maybe some things can get accomplished.
Might I remind you he has had a super majority in the house and senate for a year. He still couldnt do anything the guys useless. Thats why I voted scott brown and hope the R's take congress back so WE CAN GET STUFF DONE.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:08 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
He's getting much better at reading the tele-prompter. We noticed he tapped his hands on the podium at the end of each sentence. After noticing that, I got to laughing so bad, I haven't a clue as to what that man said. It was distractingly funny.

Basically to know if he spoke the truth though, the proof will be in the pudding.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:31 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Just logged on and have to say that this poll is absolutely horrible. It is everything wrong with this forum. Are you left or are you right? Why can't there be an option for everyone who isn't a whack job extremist? Why does everything have to be so hyperpolarized and packaged in a pointless us v them quick response?

Given the options, and given the status quo of this board before I watch the address mind you, I am going to guess without reading that every whackadoodle RINO will be against EVERYTHING that was said without question because Hussein 0bama said it. No matter what he does it is wrong. On the other hand those caught up in the cult of personality from the left will take everything he says and defend it even though he has put the same economic and military team that GDubs did.

I'll go watch now and check back later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies