Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 07:34 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times

Advertisements

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/02/16-lies-in-7-minutes-obamas-state-of-the-union-address/ - broken link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmN0h...ure=youtu.be&a

How could anyone who heard these words, "this is the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal", not realize right away they were dealing with a snake oil salesman and fraud?

I just have to know; were you really struck deaf, dumb and blind by those words? Did you really, truly believe them?

I am still baffled how rational, thinking people with even a sliver of common sense can hear those words, then take the man who said them with any credibility at all.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:52 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
hussein obama knows he can literally say anything and the slobbering left will suck it up. We have seen him caught in outright lies and they stand by him like blathering sheep.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:59 PM

1,747 posts, read 1,954,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama knows he can literally say anything and the slobbering left will suck it up. We have seen him caught in outright lies and they stand by him like blathering sheep.
They ARE.....blathering sheep.

I don't think they became such overnight, either.

They have ALWAYS been blathering sheep and now they have their very own shepherd to show them the way.
BAAAAAHH

Old 02-01-2010, 08:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Fact Check.Org found the speech to be mostly correct.

Four points they had an issue with.

But in their conclusions they found nothing to be false.

You can believe this partisan tripe or you can take the analysis of an objective organization.

They also found incorrect figures from the GOP response.

Obama’s State of the Union Address | FactCheck.org

Old 02-01-2010, 08:14 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Fact Check.Org found the speech to be mostly correct.
Now we know where you get your news... haha Oooh brother.

It took all of 2 days to prove the man a lier from the speech..

He wants to cut spending while being financially responsible, while introducing a record spending budget with record deficits.

If fact check missed that glaring error then i think they lost the very little credibility that they had in my book..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Now we know where you get your news... haha Oooh brother.

It took all of 2 days to prove the man a lier from the speech..

He wants to cut spending while being financially responsible, while introducing a record spending budget with record deficits.

If fact check missed that glaring error then i think they lost the very little credibility that they had in my book..
Yes I'm so ashamed I get my news from factcheck.org while you get yours from some right wing hack who has a blog.....LOL

I'll let factcheck.org know that some wingnut rejects their conclusions because it doesn't jive with his ideology......They'll be so suprised!....lol

Old 02-01-2010, 08:24 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,079,236 times
People will buy into because they realize the alternative to Obama is a lot worse. I'm not saying he's a good or bad president but the Republicans have no credibility considering what they did to our country for 8 years.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:29 PM

301 posts, read 283,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/02/16-lies-in-7-minutes-obamas-state-of-the-union-address/ - broken link)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmN0h...ure=youtu.be&a

How could anyone who heard these words, "this is the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal", not realize right away they were dealing with a snake oil salesman and fraud?

I just have to know; were you really struck deaf, dumb and blind by those words? Did you really, truly believe them?

I am still baffled how rational, thinking people with even a sliver of common sense can hear those words, then take the man who said them with any credibility at all.
Yes I do.
You must have missed the GOP dinner/meeting where Obama fielded questions so elegantly, intelligently, and was so very well informed, plus all without a teleprompter anywhere in sight.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes I'm so ashamed I get my news from factcheck.org while you get yours from some right wing hack who has a blog.....LOL

I'll let factcheck.org know that some wingnut rejects their conclusions because it doesn't jive with his ideology......They'll be so suprised!....lol
Actually I didnt get my news from either of those, I listened to the speech itself. I know its hard for you to imagine others actually listening to what Obama says himself, followed up by looking at his budgets which directly dispute his speech, but I now return you to your fantasy that right wingers need some blog for a news source..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
People will buy into because they realize the alternative to Obama is a lot worse. I'm not saying he's a good or bad president but the Republicans have no credibility considering what they did to our country for 8 years.
You might want to tell the recent voters about the lack of credibility because I'd say the outcome directly disputes your comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies