Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:55 AM

8,399 posts, read 23,021,001 times

Advertisements

This is an MP3 of the ATC comms of Stack’s final flight yesterday in Austin. It is chilling how calm and collected he is, considering he is about to kamikaze his plane into the IRS offices…

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 06:01 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Hasan reached out to various terrorist figure heads. Soldier of Allah, SwT. Oh and Hasan totally shaved his full body in the style of Islamofascist martyrs.

Other than being a unhappy disgruntled communist divorcee, there is little to connect the Austin IRS plane guy to religious fanaticism.
You don't have to be religious to be terrorist. Terrorism can be motivated by other factors such as politics. Think about Baaden-Meinhof and Timothy McVeigh for example. They were atheists and purely political.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not that I want to defend the White House or anything but he did try to burn down his house with his family in it, too.
His family was not in the house. They drove up when the house was already burning.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Ah, once again you bring politics into the discourse, inferring that he is a right wing nutjob. This is why your posts are so incredulous and littered with falsehoods. If you READ the manifesto, especially the last few lines, you would find that he was more of a left winger than a right winger; the same as the stupid biatch that murdered her fellow teachers.

Try posting some FACTS please.
Please point out the falsehoods.
Note, my comment about the teabaggers was "as an aside..."

I think he's a wackjob; but can you honestly say that when you heard that a wackjob flew into the IRS building you didn't think "teabagger" - that's their screed.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:42 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,323,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Not that I want to defend the White House or anything but he did try to burn down his house with his family in it, too. If, instead of a plane, he tried to kill his family and then went to the office building in Austin, where the IRS had some offices, and tried to shoot everybody instead of using a plane, and then turned the gun on himself, would you still want to categorize him as a terrorist?

The thing is you don't want to dilute the word "terrorist" if the guy's behavior prior to the incident, doesn't match the description. But if I had to guess, if the guy is a registered Republican he'll be called a terrorist and if the guy is a registered Democrat, he'll be called "some nutjob."

Oops, I have to add to my post that the family apparently wasn't inside the house he tried to burn down.
His family was not at home.
Unfortunately, Laura, he didn't do those things, now did he?
Instead he set fire to his family home while his family was out.
He then took his big shiny expensive plane and flew it into a government building.
Yes, I consider him a terrorist.

Old 02-19-2010, 06:55 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,240,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Why isn't he referred to as a domestic terrorist. His intentions were clear. He was trying to kill IRS employees in his attempt to bombard an IRS building. I thought only Muslims commit acts of terrorism but I guess he doesn't count because he is White, non-Muslim and only targeted the IRS. That's not terrorism right? He isn't a suicide bomber because he didn't use bombs...just a plane right? It doesn't matter if he took out half the side of the building right? Yeah, he is not a suicide bomber. He is just an angry person from Texas.
well we do not have to worry about reading him his rights

Old 02-19-2010, 08:01 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,332,809 times
Stalk was a 'professional' tax evader starting way back in the 80s when he tried to declare himself a church and the IRS caught up to him. He even wrote about it in his suicide manifest.

We knew a guy who did the same thing back in the 80s. He made a good living but he didn't want to pay taxes. No tax rate would have been low enough to suit him and he, too, joined one of those tax code reading groups. The IRS finally caught up with him. He could have just sold off a bunch of the big boy toys he'd accumulated and pay his taxes but, no, he had to make things hard on himself and fought the IRS off with a gun. Long story short, he eventually spent some time in prison. I don't know anyone who felt sorry for the guy we knew and I don't get why people are feeling sorry for Stalk. These kinds of people bring on their own problems by thinking they are smart enough to play the system.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:04 AM

1,461 posts, read 1,531,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How do you know that his intention was to kill IRS employees? In his state of mind, he probably intended more to make a statement about the injustice of the IRS. Can't Americans sympathize with him even a little because we agree that american life can be very stressful on a man, espec when he has been harassed by the IRS. The muslims did it b/c of their religious belief and knew what they were doing intentionally. The austin guy was just tired of life, knew he wanted to end it all and go out with a bang. I feel sorry for the guy, but at least he fulfilled his last wish.
He was a murderer, plain and simple. He deprived people of their loved ones. He is no different than other murderer who plans a crime. It is domestic terrorism.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:05 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,239,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Why isn't he referred to as a domestic terrorist. His intentions were clear. He was trying to kill IRS employees in his attempt to bombard an IRS building. I thought only Muslims commit acts of terrorism but I guess he doesn't count because he is White, non-Muslim and only targeted the IRS. That's not terrorism right? He isn't a suicide bomber because he didn't use bombs...just a plane right? It doesn't matter if he took out half the side of the building right? Yeah, he is not a suicide bomber. He is just an angry person from Texas.
Why don't people wait for the REST OF THE STORY TO BE TOLD?
duh.

Texas Plane Crash: Authorities Investigating Suicidal Pilot Joe Stack - ABC News

domestic terrorists? Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols,
how soon people forget.
Not all terrorists wear diapers on their heads.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,332,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhandle View Post
He was a murderer, plain and simple. He deprived people of their loved ones. He is no different than other murderer who plans a crime. It is domestic terrorism.
To me, he's a domestic terrorist because he used his suicide to sent a political message. He intended to kill people and scare the whole nation in a way that would bring back flashes of 9/11. If in fact, they prove he set his house on fire, too, he wanted to make sure the fire department was busy at the time of his plane crash so the IRS building fire could do more damage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies