Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:40 AM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Why don't you explain how this person was mentally ill and not motivated by ideology yet Hasan was?
Hasan reached out to various terrorist figure heads. Soldier of Allah, SwT. Oh and Hasan totally shaved his full body in the style of Islamofascist martyrs.

Other than being a unhappy disgruntled communist divorcee, there is little to connect the Austin IRS plane guy to religious fanaticism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2010, 12:41 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Why isn't he referred to as a domestic terrorist. His intentions were clear. He was trying to kill IRS employees in his attempt to bombard an IRS building. I thought only Muslims commit acts of terrorism but I guess he doesn't count because he is White, non-Muslim and only targeted the IRS. That's not terrorism right? He isn't a suicide bomber because he didn't use bombs...just a plane right? It doesn't matter if he took out half the side of the building right? Yeah, he is not a suicide bomber. He is just an angry person from Texas.

Well, it's a little late to water board him. But if it makes you feel better, yes, he was a terrorists and not a Muslim. He would also appear to not have been Roman Catholic.

"Some friends introduced me to a group of people who were having ‘tax code’ readings and discussions. In particular, zeroed in on a section relating to the wonderful “exemptions” that make institutions like the vulgar, corrupt Catholic Church so incredibly wealthy. We carefully studied the law (with the help of some of the “best”, high-paid, experienced tax lawyers in the business), and then began to do exactly what the “big boys” were doing (except that we weren’t steeling from our congregation or lying to the government about our massive profits in the name of God)."

He would seem to have been a liberal though...

"Why is it that a handful of thugs and plunderers can commit unthinkable atrocities (and in the case of the GM executives, for scores of years) and when it’s time for their gravy train to crash under the weight of their gluttony and overwhelming stupidity, the force of the full federal government has no difficulty coming to their aid within days if not hours? Yet at the same time, the joke we call the American medical system, including the drug and insurance companies, are murdering tens of thousands of people a year and stealing from the corpses and victims they cripple, and this country’s leaders don’t see this as important as bailing out a few of their vile, rich cronies. Yet, the political “representatives” (thieves, liars, and self-serving scumbags is far more accurate) have endless time to sit around for year after year and debate the state of the “terrible health care problem”. It’s clear they see no crisis as long as the dead people don’t get in the way of their corporate profits rolling in"

Joseph Andrew Stack - Austin Crash Pilot Identity Revealed | Mediaite

Old 02-19-2010, 12:42 AM

301 posts, read 282,996 times
Quote:
Why don't you explain how this person was mentally ill and not motivated by ideology yet Hasan was not mentally ill and motivated by ideology alone?
Well, I don't know whether Hasan was mentally ill or not. He could have been, still could be. He could be both. The guy in Texas clearly "lost his mind" and destroyed HIS HOME as well as flew his plane into that building.........he gave the IRS his pound of flesh, as he said on the blog. He did it in a very crazy way, but then it has to be obvious to clear thinking people that the man was crazy and went over the edge. I suspect in the next few days or so there will be a number of experts in the field of psychology and linguistics who will be analyzing the writings of the Texas guy and we'll all be hearing a LOT about what was going on mentally with that guy. WHY so eager to designate the Texas man a *terrorist*?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Hasan reached out to various terrorist figure heads. Soldier of Allah, SwT. Oh and Hasan totally shaved his full body in the style of Islamofascist martyrs.

Other than being a unhappy disgruntled communist divorcee, there is little to connect the Austin IRS plane guy to religious fanaticism.
You don't have to be a religious fanatic to be a terrorist and we don't know who he has reached out to at this point.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:49 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

Other than being a disgruntled communist, there is little to connect the Austin IRS plane guy to religious fanaticism.
So terrorism is commited based on religious fanaticism alone? Wasn't the unabomber considered a domestic terrorist? Was his reasons based on religion?

Andrew Joseph Stack posted his views prior to his act. He wrote this message so it would be read after he committed his act "Well, Mr. Big Brother IRS man, let's try something different; take my pound of flesh and sleep well." Like Hasan shaving his body, isn't this also a sign of premeditation?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:52 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,541,384 times
Yeah, and it didn't matter that the Ft. Hood shooter attended the same mosque as the 9/11 attackers and his Iman has terrorist ties.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Well, I don't know whether Hasan was mentally ill or not. He could have been, still could be. He could be both. The guy in Texas clearly "lost his mind" and destroyed HIS HOME as well as flew his plane into that building.........he gave the IRS his pound of flesh, as he said on the blog. He did it in a very crazy way, but then it has to be obvious to clear thinking people that the man was crazy and went over the edge. I suspect in the next few days or so there will be a number of experts in the field of psychology and linguistics who will be analyzing the writings of the Texas guy and we'll all be hearing a LOT about what was going on mentally with that guy. WHY so eager to designate the Texas man a *terrorist*?
I'm just amused by the double standard. Hasan is called a terrorist but Stack isn't even though both men premeditated their acts, were motivated by a specific ideology and had a specific plan and carried it out.

Isn't it possible that both men were terrorists and mentally ill at the same time?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yeah, and it didn't matter that the Ft. Hood shooter attended the same mosque as the 9/11 attackers and his Iman has terrorist ties.
But we are supposed to ignore the fact that Mr. Stack wrote a message and left it for everyone to read after his terrorist attack stating he was going to avenge himself against the IRS. That isn't premeditation?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:17 AM

301 posts, read 282,996 times
Quote:
I'm just amused by the double standard. Hasan is called a terrorist but Stack isn't even though both men premeditated their acts, were motivated by a specific ideology and had a specific plan and carried it out.

Isn't it possible that both men were terrorists and mentally ill at the same time?
So in your mind premeditated acts of violence = terrorist?Rememer that guy who shot up all those people in a restaurant in Lubbock (I think) Texas? Was he a terrorist IYO?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:30 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
How do you know that his intention was to kill IRS employees? In his state of mind, he probably intended more to make a statement about the injustice of the IRS. Can't Americans sympathize with him even a little because we agree that american life can be very stressful on a man, espec when he has been harassed by the IRS. The muslims did it b/c of their religious belief and knew what they were doing intentionally. The austin guy was just tired of life, knew he wanted to end it all and go out with a bang. I feel sorry for the guy, but at least he fulfilled his last wish.
His intentions are irrelevant.
He flew into a building knowing that he would kill people.
I'm sure the families of those dead don't really care of his motivation.
Why not just pay your taxes? Gee, that's a novel idea.

Would you assign the same "so sad, too bad" sympathies for either the 9/11 terrorists or Timothy McVeigh?

The Austin guy knowingly killed people.
If I had a gripe with your child, are you saying that it would be okay if I bombed everyone in your neighborhood?
What's the difference? The end result is the same.

I can't believe that you're justifying this. Second thought, yes, I can believe it.

Quote:
A "grudge"? And you think people kill themselves in such an enormously violent way in order to satisify a "grudge"? The guy didn't get a "pass." He's DEAD, DEAD, DEAD.
And the people he killed and their families don't matter? There's also going to be a big cost to fix the building.

Quote:
You're overusing the word *terrorist*........WHY is it you want the DEAD guy in Texas to be categorized as a terrorist?
Perhaps because he committed a terroristic attack on the US government and it's employees. That would pretty well define it for me.

____
As an aside, don't teabaggers get into frenzy states like this? Isn't that the whole issue? Is there a connection?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies