Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:38 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,369,489 times

Advertisements

Isreal thanks to our money is now the neighborhood bully.They could probally take on all the arab countries and if the superpowers did not intervene they would kick all there a$$es.We are broke as a bum hanging out at the mission.It is time to get our house in order and stop worrying about the rest of the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 03:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Cut 'em loose. I don't give a rat's ass about Israel. They've got all the weapons and bombs they need. The less we are in the Middle East affairs the safer we are.
We need to quit building them military bases as well (we do that).

Old 03-24-2010, 05:43 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Me, as an American, hope that they cut funding of Israel.
You don't want to get me started on Israeli politics.
Thank you for saying all that really needs to be said...
Israel is a fairly wealthy nation. As much wealth as Italy or Spain. Let them foot the bill for their misdeeds for a change.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Thank you for saying all that really needs to be said...
Israel is a fairly wealthy nation. As much wealth as Italy or Spain. Let them foot the bill for their misdeeds for a change.
My bad grammar aside, that is.
There's no reason for use to spend that kind of money for no product.

Old 03-24-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
My bad grammar aside, that is.
There's no reason for use to spend that kind of money for no product.
Worse still all that money buys us is an equally big headache. Our problems in the Middle east are vast and a good share of them stem from our very biased approach to Israel and the double standard that goes with it.
What baffles me is how does such a tiny country find a way to dominate our elected reps?

Old 03-24-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Worse still all that money buys us is an equally big headache. Our problems in the Middle east are vast and a good share of them stem from our very biased approach to Israel and the double standard that goes with it.
What baffles me is how does such a tiny country find a way to dominate our elected reps?
There was an interesting news story on German TV yesterday, I could only understand part of it because they talk too fast!
It seems the world is questioning the US allegience to Israel at all costs, including the possible destruction of a good part of the world.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Stop blaming the Israelis for this. We have been using them as a beachhead in the region for 60 years. They are fighting for their existence, we are financing to remain a presence.
Additionally, If Iraq is a success then Israel won't be as important.

Still it doesn't surprise me that lefties have no problem with the collapse of democratic societies.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 AM

Quote:
There was an interesting news story on German TV yesterday, I could only understand part of it because they talk too fast!
It seems the world is questioning the US allegience to Israel at all costs, including the possible destruction of a good part of the world.
Not surprising because even our most loyal of allies disagree with our approach to Israel.
What does our 3 billion anual gift to Israel cost us?
Last year 800 million to rebuild Gaza.
A beat down in the UN everytime Israel does their selfdefence bit.
0 credibility in the ME.
Billions a year in maintaining a naval task force in the MED mostly required to show our strength to those who hate Israel and by default the USA.
Israel is roughly the size of Delaware. I wonder how much does Delaware cost the US tax payer compared to Israel?

Old 03-24-2010, 06:14 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
The world?! Yeah right!
Germany and most of Europe is directly responsible for the existence of Israel. They need to wait for at least 100 years post WW2 before any criticism of it is even a thought in their weeny minds.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:19 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,955,274 times
Quote:
Not surprising because even our most loyal of allies disagree with our approach to Israel.
What does our 3 billion anual gift to Israel cost us?
Last year 800 million to rebuild Gaza.
A beat down in the UN everytime Israel does their selfdefence bit.
0 credibility in the ME.
Billions a year in maintaining a naval task force in the MED mostly required to show our strength to those who hate Israel and by default the USA.
Israel is roughly the size of Delaware. I wonder how much does Delaware cost the US tax payer compared to Israel?
I think you are missing the point. Delaware is part of the United States...Israel is not! Cut them off. Cut off all foreign aid. Israel should be paying us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies