Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:37 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Yet we never hear criticism of Egypt getting aid. Even while Egypt supplies Palestinians with weapons and aid. Why is that?

Why?
You might want to read the thread.

We told you why....Because it pales in comparison to Israeli aid and their government is corrupt.

But we do oppose aid to Egypt and for the record Tahiti, the Azorres, Cyprus, and Nepal......Are you happy now?

.....You're just itching to throw the "terrorist sympathizer" bomb out there aren't you?

http://incontiguousbrick.files.wordp...-to-israel.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Yet we never hear criticism of Egypt getting aid. Even while Egypt supplies Palestinians with weapons and aid. Why is that?

Why?
First, most people don't even know what we give to other countries. When has that ever been a campaign issue?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
How many billions are given to Africa every year?
http://www.usaid.gov/policy/budget/cbj2009/101408.pdf (broken link)

our foreign aid is truly staggering.

USAID publishes all kinds of foreign aid statistics.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,812 times
What if we just told every country we give aid to that we are going to stop the aid for at least one year? I think the amount of foreign aid we were to give in 2009 was something like $26 billion. Couldn't that portion go to funding the uninsured? While I am against how Obama pulled off his coup regarding his healthcare reform project, I would probably be more for it if we first stopped paying for other country's weaponry.

I mean, seriously, are you going to give a neighbor $200 so they can buy a bike for their kid while your own kid doesn't have a bike?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:42 AM

564 posts, read 1,727,429 times
Quote:

Why?
Egypt supplies Palestinians? News to me. Last I heard, Egypt was getting a really bad imagine in the Middle East for closing its borders with Gaza in collaboration with Israel.

Egypt doesn't supply Hamas, they supply Fatah, which means absolutely nothing since Fatah is essentially on Israel's side.

Either way foreign aid on all sides is bad, but Egypt is on Israel's side.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
What if we just told every country we give aid to that we are going to stop the aid for at least one year? I think the amount of foreign aid we were to give in 2009 was something like $26 billion. Couldn't that portion go to funding the uninsured? While I am against how Obama pulled off his coup regarding his healthcare reform project, I would probably be more for it if we first stopped paying for other country's weaponry.

I mean, seriously, are you going to give a neighbor $200 so they can buy a bike for their kid while your own kid doesn't have a bike?
They're distant Relatives or complete strangers, of which both, I make a habit of not giving or lending money to
I actually trust neighbors more. My family has never paid me back or keeps asking for more

This foreign give away is why I don't believe ANYONE in Congress is serious about our National debt.
Add in the wars, and there is no doubt in my mind.

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
big fat parasite

Old 03-24-2010, 12:09 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,229,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
If you knew anything you would know the 1 Trillion dollar cost is the "total cost" over 10 years.(Although you exaggerate that) But that's not the "additional cost" as they are taking from Medicacare advantage and other programs. And people are required now to buy their own insuracnce....

So expansion of Federal Outlays are only 280 Billion over 10 years...That's 28 Billion per year. That's less than 1% of the yearly Federal budget and just 4% of our absurdly gross Military budget.

3 Billion per year is $550 for every Jewish citizen in Israel and it's over 10% of what this health program is costing us in "additional" spending.
we are paying taxes for 4 years without medical benefits of the program,. the program benefits do not start until 2014. So we are paying taxes for 10 years to get 6 years of benefits. what do you think will happen after that 10 years?

Old 03-24-2010, 12:16 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
They're distant Relatives or complete strangers, of which both, I make a habit of not giving or lending money to
I actually trust neighbors more. My family has never paid me back or keeps asking for more

This foreign give away is why I don't believe ANYONE in Congress is serious about our National debt.
Add in the wars, and there is no doubt in my mind.
you got that right.

we, as citizens, gave taxpayer money to the IMF and then the IMF turned around and told us that we, as a "developed country" need to cut our social service programs. it's not just about "redistribution of wealth" in the united states, but "redistribution of wealth" to other countries!

Old 03-24-2010, 12:19 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Israel's got a strong enough economy that they can take care of their own nation as this point...Let 'em fend for themselves and purchase their high-tech military systems on their own dime. Just like the Republicans are always making the point that Americans can succeed on their own without government interference--I think Israel can succeed on the basis of their own self-determination without handouts from the US
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies