Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 11:21 AM

30,077 posts, read 18,682,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I'm sure both sides of the aisle will be tripping over themselves giving it to them.

Glenn Greenwald has a great article on this and where the money is coming from.

Both the left and the right will enjoy this.

A stark truth: Israeli arms, U.S. dollars - Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

Those would be the same "American taxpayers" who are now being told that they have to suffer cuts in Medicare and Social Security because of budgetary constraints, who are watching as the most basic social services (the hallmark of being a developed country) are being rapidly abolished (from the 12th Grade to basic care for children, the infirm and elderly), and are burdened with a national debt so large that America's bond ratings are being degraded by the minute. Why should those same American taxpayers bear the enormous costs of Israel's military purchases (as Israel enjoys booming economic growth)? Especially if the issue is presented as cleanly and honestly as Scherer did here, and especially if Israel continues to extend its proverbial middle finger to even the most basic U.S. requests that it cease activities that harm American interests, how much longer can this absurdity be sustained?

Better give it to them. With our current leadership, I am sure the Israelis could probably take us over if they wanted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 11:22 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Probably because it pales in comparison to aid to Israel.

But I oppose this aid as well.

The goverment in Egypt is very corrupt and just as brutal as the Israeli government is.

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Thanks to Obama's healthcare reform, the US will no longer be able to "aid" Israel with billions of US taxpayers' money every year. Perhaps Obama is an evil genius after all.
I'll believe that - when I see it

Notice how Obama's meeting with Netanyah was behind closed doors. When the US gives A Country this much aid,
there needs to be more transparency. US citizens are
entitled to it - it's our TAX Dollars they are giving away.

564 posts, read 1,727,429 times
Quote:
Because aid to Egypt is just an extension of aid to Israel. Egypt is Israel's #1 puppet in the Middle East and that's why it only received this financial support once it agreed to live beneath Israel.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
One of the benefits of the US going broke is watching unholy countries like Egypt and Israel twist in the wind.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I'll believe that - when I see it

Notice how Obama's meeting with Netanyah was behind closed doors. When the US gives A Country this much aid,
there needs to be more transparency. US citizens are
entitled to it - it's our TAX Dollars they are giving away.
As the article by GG mentions....

They want to keep this out of the public eye....because when the US public hears about what we are getting for our money...Israel loses support.

That's why Lieberman and Steve Israel are asking that the Administraion refrain from open public criticism of Israel.

Shhhh! They don't want their scam to get out!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
We gave 200 Million in Aid to Egypt in 2009.

Supposedly, we give aid to Egypt to keep the peace with Israel It's a never ending piggy bank over there.

That is why I am always perplexed when I hear how we are broke. I guess that only applies domestically

Old 03-24-2010, 11:30 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak View Post
Because aid to Egypt is just an extension of aid to Israel. Egypt is Israel's #1 puppet in the Middle East and that's why it only received this financial support once it agreed to live beneath Israel.
Yet we never hear criticism of Egypt getting aid. Even while Egypt supplies Palestinians with weapons and aid. Why is that?

Why?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 AM

I personally think this Health Care Reform debate e.g. cost of, reduced debt etc is being used as a distraction. If the US reigned in all this outside spending, you'd be surprised what the American Citizens could do with Our tax dollars at HOME.
A Hint - Our social programs wouldn't be broke.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:36 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,486,186 times
How many billions are given to Africa every year?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies