Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
For far too long companies like John Deere have been circumventing the Tax system to BENEFIT THEM....they've been riding the wave too long...it's time to pay up.
Since you seem to be proclaiming to have some information that the rest of us dont have.. HOW have they been circumventing the tax system? Do you have anything other than rederick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did you expect corporations, who are already losing money, to just shut up and pay it and not be effected by 4 years of taxation ?

The layoffs will follow next....
It has nothing to do with taxation, as I noted in my post.

It does have everything to do with the government getting its hands out of my medicare.

Governments play games, but so do corporations. Everyone suffers as a result.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejano2828 View Post
For far too long companies like John Deere have been circumventing the Tax system to BENEFIT THEM....they've been riding the wave too long...it's time to pay up.

Yes. Brilliant.

Let's take about the only two heavy equipment manufacturers left in the US (CAT and Deere), ruin thier profits, force layoffs, and force them to shift manufacturing overseas.

Have the liberals completely lost thier minds!?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
It has nothing to do with taxation, as I noted in my post.
You CLEARLY have not read the healthcare bill...
Quote:
It does have everything to do with the government getting its hands out of my medicare.
Wait, I might have to rethink my position on this bill, after you tell me how government is getting their hands out of medicare.. Can you please provide me with information on this because I havent heard this part of the bill.
Quote:
Governments play games, but so do corporations. Everyone suffers as a result.
And this will of course just result in more games. The bill for example ONLY counts full time employees. Result.. Companies will begin to hire part time only to avoid paying taxes. You see NOTHING fixed, only making things worse..

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,475,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You CLEARLY have not read the healthcare bill...

Wait, I might have to rethink my position on this bill, after you tell me how government is getting their hands out of medicare.. Can you please provide me with information on this because I havent heard this part of the bill.

And this will of course just result in more games. The bill for example ONLY counts full time employees. Result.. Companies will begin to hire part time only to avoid paying taxes. You see NOTHING fixed, only making things worse..
I dunno, ask John Deere, that is literally what the corproation said in the article that I posted.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:34 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Health Care Law Hits Caterpillar Tax Bill - WSJ.com

Yeah, there were plenty of voices saying the same thing. To implement this kind of tax increase when the economy is so weak is disastrous policy, but what does that matter, as long as obama gets his perceived "victory"?

News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/36032946/ - broken link)

How many other businesses like these two will suffer massive expenses like this? How soon will slashing jobs follow?

More proof that liberal, radical ideas are ruinous to the economy.
You forgot the new taxes for tanning booths.

These tax penalties will be nothing if he has the EPA regulate CO2 or he sings his version of a cap & tax program.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You forgot the new taxes for tanning booths.

These tax penalties will be nothing if he has the EPA regulate CO2 or he sings his version of a cap & tax program.
With the EPA's new power they don't have to pass Cap&Trade.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Tell me what new tax they will be paying this quarter? It's almost over!

Old 03-25-2010, 05:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did you expect corporations, who are already losing money, to just shut up and pay it and not be effected by 4 years of taxation ?

The layoffs will follow next....
Can't be worse than it has been in an era with lowest tax rates (much less effective tax rates).

Old 03-25-2010, 05:42 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Tell me what new tax they will be paying this quarter? It's almost over!
Some taxes kick in on signature of the bill and others kick in after 12/31/2010.
Companies have to start removing from profits for future taxes way ahead of time. They don't operate like individuals and wait until the last minute.

From the article:
"The world's largest construction equipment manufacturer by sales, warned last week that provisions in the legislation would subject the company to federal income taxes on the subsidies it receives for providing prescription drug benefits for its retirees and their spouses. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies