Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Nice try...but you are lumping your two statements together. Taxes and Loss, (which I went back and read the article again their talking about their earnings).
A chargeoff is against earnings.. THATS WHAT IT MEANS..
http://www.investorwords.com/1618/earnings.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Now the Limit on Accrual of taxes you've just found is a law which is applied towards property and NOT employer, employee tax laws and filings.
The link goes directly to the IRS under BUSINESS TAXES, which is what healthcare TAX is...

Per the link
You can deduct various federal, state, local, and foreign taxes directly attributable to your trade or business as business expenses

Topics - This chapter discusses:
  • When to deduct taxes
  • Real estate taxes
  • Income taxes
  • Employment taxes
  • Other taxes
It is NOT limited to JUST real estate taxes..

Last edited by pghquest; 03-25-2010 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM

769 posts, read 887,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anotherday10 View Post
When did the average Joe become a fascist concerned more with corporate welfare than our country's and citizens' welfares?

When did people start forgetting that our citizens make up the corporations. Corporations are not some evil aliens warring against the meek population of the US. Corporations are made up of people, providing a service to other people. All the terrible money they make.....goes to the people who work for them! Their profits are applied to...... all the people investing in them...more people! Tell me when you spot something wrong here.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Care to provide a link?

Even if so, the law will only cover ~1 mo of this quarter.
So? The write off is for the year. What's your invalid point?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:38 PM

76 posts, read 141,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterK View Post
When did people start forgetting that our citizens make up the corporations. Corporations are not some evil aliens warring against the meek population of the US. Corporations are made up of people, providing a service to other people. All the terrible money they make.....goes to the people who work for them! Their profits are applied to...... all the people investing in them...more people! Tell me when you spot something wrong here.
Umm, bank bailouts, too big to fail, Goldman Sachs, big bonuses after bailout, corporate expensive resort retreats following bailout...ETC.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Small business has their own share of problems. Under 50 employees they are exempt. Over..well they are mandated to offer insurance, pay taxes and fines.

If you work, health insurance is still tied to your job.
How many businesses will pare down employees under that 50 mark?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:42 PM

769 posts, read 887,910 times
Quote:
Umm, bank bailouts, too big to fail, Goldman Sachs, big bonuses after bailout, corporate expensive resort retreats following bailout...ETC.

All of these include government intervention, which I am not for.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
When did the average Joe become a fascist concerned more with corporate welfare than our country's and citizens' welfares?
You really have no idea, do you?

Just off the top of your head, think about those big old corporations and what kind of products, services they provide to America and the world. Then think about all the jobs they provide, then think about all the people in America who invest in those corporations - individuals, states, unions, local governments. Then think about all the taxes those employees pay and then maybe rethink the brainwashing that is indicative of the typical liberal, anti-capitalist agenda.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How many businesses will pare down employees under that 50 mark?
I don't know; not much on it yet outside of the bill.

Old 03-25-2010, 07:47 PM

76 posts, read 141,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You really have no idea, do you?

Just off the top of your head, think about those big old corporations and what kind of products, services they provide to America and the world. Then think about all the jobs they provide, then think about all the people in America who invest in those corporations - individuals, states, unions, local governments. Then think about all the taxes those employees pay and then maybe rethink the brainwashing that is indicative of the typical liberal, anti-capitalist agenda.
I worked in corporate America most my life and most recently banking. I have an MBA, the most Gordon Gecko "ME" degree out there. Then I got a heart and conscience.

I am quite sure John Deere is concerned about your bottom line too.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2010 at 08:12 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 03-25-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I don't know; not much on it yet outside of the bill.
Well, if you had a business with 55, 60, 70 employees would you pare that number to take advantage of the exemption?

Some might.

How many will drop coverage and take the much lesser expense of a fine?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies