Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:17 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,640,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
If they want to limit thier initiative and ability to think, it just makes a competetive world easier for my kids who are not pot smokers. Smoke away, pot heads! It is your life and you should be able to do what you want.
Ignorance is bliss..! If you think your kids aren't smoking dope, you live in a different world. I'm betting the have smoked more pot than a 70's hippy...
You are easily fooled....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 11:46 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Not everyone who wants it legal smokes it. I've never smoked it, neither has my 19 year old son although that could change in the future. My daughter has but doesn't anymore on any kind of regular basis because she is health conscious and worries about her weight. We all want it legal.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:03 AM

418 posts, read 487,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I agree. Let them legalize pot so they will not be pestering us in medicine for "medical marijuana".

If they want to limit thier initiative and ability to think, it just makes a competetive world easier for my kids who are not pot smokers. Smoke away, pot heads! It is your life and you should be able to do what you want.

I am in favor of legalization of all drugs. It would select out the liberals and be a form of social Darwinism. Who knows- maybe they would be too stoned and high to vote anymore, or would simply forget to eat.
Are you high? I bet your doctor smokes weed. Just about everyone was smoking weed in college and they weren't flunkies, hell I graduated with high honors.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:08 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,937,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I don't know whats worse, the fact that the state of california is even considering making this legal, or the absolute stupidity of the comments from people on the website.... Either way liberals have officially hijacked this country as far as I'm concerned.

Measure to legalize marijuana will be on California's November ballot - latimes.com
Why not legalize it? I am not planning on reading the rest of this thread I just want to hear your opinion on why CA. shouldn't legalize pot.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Great points! So, how can those of us (whether liberal or conservative) that want to see it legalized set this in motion??? I mean, it seems like the majority of people I've talked to in person, and on here don't seem to have an issue with seeing it legalized. We all know that it is nowhere near as harmful as the other illegal substances, and for that matter some of the over counter drugs and prescription drugs! Who knows maybe the legalization of pot may bring us all closer together. Joking somewhat, but you get the point. Lord knows some of these politicians on both sides need to calm their a**es down and smoke a joint!
Grassroots. The 21st amendment to repeal was done at the state legislature level, the only one of its kind to be done through the states. The interest groups, like the prison industrial complex, have a stranglehold on the congress and nothing will get done at that level.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
You obviously don't understand conservatives. What you are referring to is called a libertarian... fiscally conservative/socially liberal.

Conservatives are fiscally conservative/socially conservative. Conservatives do support laws. Conservatives support moral standards and legalizing marijuana is not something conservatives believe in.

Lastly, sacredgrooves is not a conservative if he believes in legalizing it. Legalizing marijuana is akin to legalizing abortion for most conservatives. sacredgrooves is at best a libertarian.
Quote:
11 And God said, "Let the earth put forth vegetation, plants yielding seed, and fruit trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind, upon the earth." And it was so. 12 The earth brought forth vegetation, plants yielding seed according to their own kinds, and trees bearing fruit in which is their seed, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 13" [Genesis 1.11-1.13]
So sky man creates marijuana and says that "it was good," and you want to ban it?! WOW! Don't tell sky man, he'll be angered and smite you.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:45 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times
Quote:
You obviously don't understand conservatives. What you are referring to is called a libertarian... fiscally conservative/socially liberal.

Conservatives are fiscally conservative/socially conservative. Conservatives do support laws. Conservatives support moral standards and legalizing marijuana is not something conservatives believe in.

Lastly, sacredgrooves is not a conservative if he believes in legalizing it. Legalizing marijuana is akin to legalizing abortion for most conservatives. sacredgrooves is at best a libertarian.
Well stated.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:27 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,200,354 times
Quote:
Legalizing marijuana is akin to legalizing abortion for most conservatives
Those conservatives must have their heads up their butts then. I can almost see why people have issues with abortion, but there is nothing about MJ that requires it to be criminalized. May as well criminalize wine...or spinning in circles until you get dizzy and fall down.

The ONLY reason conservatives don't want it legalized is because it's not currently legalized. PERIOD. Change is scary.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:36 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
Please see my post on the California forum thread about this. I think of myself as liberal in many ways, but not this!

//www.city-data.com/forum/13488745-post35.html

Old 03-28-2010, 09:44 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Those conservatives must have their heads up their butts then. I can almost see why people have issues with abortion, but there is nothing about MJ that requires it to be criminalized. May as well criminalize wine...or spinning in circles until you get dizzy and fall down.

The ONLY reason conservatives don't want it legalized is because it's not currently legalized. PERIOD. Change is scary.
Actually legalizing it would cause a whole new slew of problems in society. Entitlement programs would be stretched to their limits, school performance would drop, and drug wars between the various cartels would be a troublesome reality.

I realize that the 'easy' thing to do would be to legalize it, however, this is not the responsible thing to do. Granted, we will never be able to stop illegal marijuana usage, however at least for now we are able discourage a good percentage from using it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies