Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 07:41 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Did anyone watch the hearings yesterday that are due to continue today.?

Oil execs face more questions about Gulf spill - CNN.com
Yes, I did see some of it....the White Terrorist CEO Clones each blamed each other....nothing will come of it......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2010, 07:44 AM

412 posts, read 405,145 times
When the Ixtoc I oil rig had a blow out, it took 9 months to stop the leak of oil. This isn't going away any time soon, unfortunately.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:48 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Terrorism doesn't always come in the form of bombs and planes flying into buildings....there are more lucrative and subtle ways that are just as effective at harming America and Americans..

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-12-2010 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Just kind of a dig at those who think terrorists are always dark skinned and come from some "foreign" country.....

Terrorism doesn't always come in the form of bombs and planes flying into buildings....there are more lucrative and subtle ways that are just as effective at harming America and Americans..
So your point is that these guys blew up their own oil well to terrorize the US? (and lose billions) Not exactly an astute business model.

I think you were just ranting, I just don't follow your point.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:22 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
... Anyone see the CEO PIGS from Halliburton, BP and another subcontractor being questioned by the Senate committee???

They were like three clones of each other...they looked EXACTLY alike!...that's spooky ! White, bald, male, 40-ish...

I guess all money grubbing power crazed murderering domestic TERRORISTS start looking alike after awhile.....
The word you're reaching for is "neanderthal." Yes, I too noted similarities of appearance, especially the forehead similarities, and I thought to myself, what a bunch of freaking neanderthals....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-12-2010, 09:29 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,604,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Roe View Post
Congress Looks for Answers After Gulf Oil Spill - US News and World Report

$3.00 per gal for gas now......I can't wait for summer time.

This is totally screwing up the fishing/shrimp/clam/oysters.

The Federal Government is so big, but where is it when when we really need it?????
When enviromental nuts get out of the way and let oil companies drill closer to the shore,in shallower water!

If this was in shallow water.......This oil leak would have been stop in a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,329,379 times
Why are there no shut off valves? I'm no deep water oil company expert, but don't most other lines around the world have valves for this exact reason?

Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Default Oil leak: worse than BP admits..

YouTube - Amateur Video Of Gulf Oil Slick - Worse Than BP Admits

Oh, and lest anyone forget:

YouTube - Drill Baby, Drill!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
This oil spill makes Exxon Valez look like a minor thing. It is going to cost billions of dollars, not just for the cleanup, but for the damage to the fishing industry, as well as tourism. The damage is going to carry on for years to come, especially if the southern loop carries it to the east coast.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:59 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
The dirt is starting to come to the surface. Rep Stupak found out that the blow-out preventer (BOP) on that particular rig was a joke.

Here's an excerpt that speaks to at least FOUR major flaws in that BOP:

- A senior House Democrat said that the BOP that failed to stop an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico had a dead battery in its control pod, leaks in its hydraulic system, a "useless" test version of one of the devices that was supposed to close the flow of oil and a cutting tool that wasn't strong enough to shear through joints that made up 10 percent of the drill pipe. In a devastating review of the BOP that BP said was supposed to be "fail-safe," Rep. Stupak (D-Mich.) said in a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee on Wednesday that the device was anything but fail-safe.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies