Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,830,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they were mostly unitarians and universalists who talked about 'creator' anf God but not about Jesus Christ.

John Witherspoon
Signer of the Declaration of Independence
I entreat you in the most earnest manner to believe in Jesus Christ, for there is no salvation in any other [Acts 4:12]. . . . [i]f you are not reconciled to God through Jesus Christ, if you are not clothed with the spotless robe of His righteousness, you must forever perish.
John Witherspoon, The Works of John Witherspoon (Edinburgh: J. Ogle, 1815), Vol. V, pp. 276, 278, The Absolute Necessity of Salvation Through Christ, January 2, 1758.

Anything written regarding the Founders belief in Christ must be a fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 04:38 PM

1 posts, read 968 times
Thumbs up I went to Public schools and I think I got the better education

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
I like the way the OP said it was someone on Beck's show that said this. Not Beck.

And the lefties on here try and make it sound like Beck said it. LOLs.

You all are either full of so much hate you can't see straight.

Or you went to publik school and never learned reaing comprehension skills.
I went to PUBLIC schools, Not publik schools and I think I got the better education. I know How to spell, and my READING, not "reaing" comprehension is great. Thank you. You might want to do a little proof reading before you post negative things and misspell the things you put people down for. It's a little Moronic to do so. So many unhappy people out there that really need to look within themselves first. But Hey!, that might be a bit scary for you to do right? I Like Glenn Beck, and It is kinda scary how he makes so much sense too. GO GLENN Go!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 05:12 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,350,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Since Beck didnt say anything about the book other than "Buy this!", Im not sure what you mean by "his word." I had to look over at Amazon to see what it was about; according to the transcript of the relevant Glennie show they do not discuss it, they spend the airtime attacking "social justice." The only thing the author himself said that was at all related to the book was that promoting it on Glenn's show moved it way up the charts.
Well, obviously, you haven't watched any of his shows, becaause he absolutely has discusse the books in detail, and had the author of "The Real George Washington" on the show, in which they discussed the sources (Wahsington's own writings, and the writings of people who knew him).

The other book also (The title of which slips me at the moment).

You can't watch five minutes and expect to learn anything (if you watched at all — doubtfull).

Old 05-24-2010, 05:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,212,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuditTheFed View Post
See, I knew you were just asking for quotes just so you can make a mockery of them. You do not want to know the truth whatsoever.
Please link us the quotes of all those other generals saying these same things.
It has nothing to do with George Washington's personal Christian faith, quotes re which I asked you to supply.

other generals -- Gott mit uns, for one.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, obviously, you haven't watched any of his shows, becaause he absolutely has discusse the books in detail, and had the author of "The Real George Washington" on the show, in which they discussed the sources (Wahsington's own writings, and the writings of people who knew him).

You can't watch five minutes and expect to learn anything (if you watched at all — doubtfull).
I dont watch these things on TV, I read the transcripts. On the show Im referring to, the transcript of which I read and posted a link to in this thread, a Dr Lillebeck was hawking his book The Sacred Fire. Not The Real George Washington. This is from last week. The book you're talking about must be from some other time. And Im sure you're not accusing me of lying, so I'll ask you to read the transcript and see for yourself: they said nothing remotely about the book other than what a great promoter Glenn Beck is.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Two spammers now, wow.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:47 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,252,522 times
Doesn't "Anno Domini" mean in the year of our Lord (Jesus Christ)?

So the act of inscribing the year, followed with A.D., be a tacit declaration of Christianity?

Also, it is sometimes specified more fully as Anno Domini Nostri Iesu (Jesu) Christi ("In the Year of Our Lord Jesus Christ").
Is that more than enough proof that a writer who uses A.D. was a Christian?

Old 05-24-2010, 09:13 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
the author of "The Real George Washington" on the show, in which they discussed the sources (Wahsington's own writings, and the writings of people who knew him).

The other book...

Sacred Fire

Old 05-24-2010, 09:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,429,580 times
<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DMOh9L60FKw"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DMOh9L60FKw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMOh9L60FKw

Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,746,953 times
Beck and his kind should all move to Texas where the schools are rewriting the text books more to their liking anyway.
Our founding fathers must be roll-in over in their graves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies