Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach
 [Register]
Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach St. Lucie, Martin, and Indian River counties (Treasure Coast)
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 07:01 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,201,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
Good to know. I just read your post. I guess this is why that the price of that condo with its view is so low. A friend wants to buy Ocean front. He is more interested in “so call” north beach area. He is interested in that new construction (2300 sf, starting price ~$560K). Do you know anything about that area?

I think the price of Harbour Isle went lower because most of the 6,000 people (no that is not a typo!) that showed up the day of the sale were investors never planning on living in what they bought. I even bought one with another salesperson there (we were NOT given anything off or even allowed to choose till last) but we were lucky enough to turn it for a profit of about $70,000. Even after we had to pay our own developer 6% to assign it!

As I mentioned, the buildings are solid. Buzz built them. The plans are huge.
We were supposed to have a bank, a grocery store, and another restaurant. None of that happened of course since the developer decided to take that land and add more buildings instead.

As for the new construction you are asking about, no, sorry I don't know anything about it. Out of my area now that I live in Tradition and all my business is here and the Gatlin area. Wish I could help more!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LingLing View Post
I think you will fit in Tradition. Check out the Lake at Tradition, Capri III model (you can rent first if you don’t want to buy). My husband and I often joke about that we are already in a retirement community so we will never have to move. A lot of family has a dog or dogs. My neighbors are nice. I know at least four single guys and I don’t mingle that much (spend too much time on this site). Three of them are in your age group. One of them has told me if I found good looking single woman in my work place, I should inform him (he likes good looking woman with a well paid job). The community has some sort of dance club, book club….welcome clubs. In two weeks, there will be a health fair.
I don’t know about jobs. There are three hospitals in our area and one ER will be built soon.

ah... I'm single and living in Tradition!! I love it and there are plenty of others that are single living in here too! Personally I would suggest you rent a house in Heritage Oaks (near me! laughing!!!!) not necessarily a 2 bedroom Capri in the Lakes. More for your money and most all of the people are younger in here. Sorry Ling Ling...didn't mean to step on your toes!! We DO have to meet some time soon!!!!! and you can bring those 4 single guys with you! LOL!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 09:25 PM

1,257 posts, read 4,575,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaLadyB View Post
most all of the people are younger in here. Sorry Ling Ling...didn't mean to step on your toes!! We DO have to meet some time soon!!!!! and you can bring those 4 single guys with you! LOL!!!
No problem. I don't care. Somehow I got an impression that ItalianRN doesn't want to live in an area with too many kids. We are not that old but we choose the Lake to avoid too many kids. The good news is that there are several communities to choose. Regarding meeting, I run into a lady in Target once. She came up to me and said"I told you on the web that I would run into you someday!". While I was still trying to figure out how to response, she left. I only post on this forum. Most of dog park friends know me now. Thank God, I always say good things about Tradition.

Last edited by LingLing; 04-24-2008 at 10:16 PM..

Old 04-25-2008, 08:16 AM

[quote=LingLing;3567989]No problem. I don't care. Somehow I got an impression that ItalianRN doesn't want to live in an area with too many kids.

I can agree with him but I honestly am not overrun with them here although there are plenty in the neighborhood. I just know there are a lot of singles in here too besides me.

We need to plan to meet over at the Hurricane Grill ....or I can meet you over at the dog park! I love animals and go by there often just to see who's out playing Email me and let me know when you might be over there.

ItalianRN.....come and visit the dog park and meet some friends too!!

Old 04-25-2008, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,623 times
I grew up in PSL and I haved lived just outside of where Tradition is now my whole life (25 years). The area seems to get bigger and bigger everytime I come home from college, so if you're looking for an area that will be huge in the next few years, Tradition is it.

Some things you should know:

Saint Lucie County's school system is terrible, I'm a product of it, so I definately know. If you have kids, Martin County is a better bet. I lived 10 minutes from Centennial (a "B" school) and was forced to go to Central (a "D" school) in Fort Pierce, 30 minutes away. Most students go to the community colleges in the area, and most people in PSL don't have advanced degrees. PSL is a working class city. Most people are "getting by" as you put it, but others (mostly retirees) are doing fine. If you want a better standard of living though, and the cute small shops, etc. feel you were talking about, move to Stuart. It's a little pricey, but definately worth it in terms of quality of life.

As far as politics goes, it's mixed, but honestly, I don't think most people care. There's a lot of liberals from up north living in PSL, so you can find a lot of both. But as far as major plans to change the city's impact on the environment in the near future and things like that? Probably not. Maybe you could bring about some change though!

As a lifelong resident of PSL, I would highly advise that anyone who is considering living there take a look at some of the other cities in the same area. Stuart and Hobe Sound are great places to live. I love Florida and everything, but when I'm done with Grad school, I will not be returning to PSL - not to live, not to visit, not even to reminise. It's not the same PSL I grew up in anymore.

Tradition is really cute and everything, but everyone I know who lives there says the restrictions on what you can and cannot do get to be really obnoxious. It's really a personal choice if you like that type of thing. I guess I should also say that while Tradition is pretty safe (I haven't heard anything bad about it), the surrounding area is a little ify. A lot of the younger kids are little punks and steal stuff out of cars (in my case, my iPod and my seat covers - yes, really the seat covers!), and smash mailboxes. If you have children, be careful about who you let them hang around with. It seems to be getting to be more and more of a problem in the area.

I hope this helps!

Old 04-30-2008, 07:46 PM

LAMc I do not find what you are saying about Tradition to be true. Since you don't live here yourself, I think you should take what people say with a grain of salt. I LIVE HERE and as far as I am concerned the rules are the normal ones for any community...and not the same for the rest of PSL which has NO RULES. That means if the guy next door wants to leave his car on blocks in the front yard.. he can. Here, he can't.

You CAN have motorcycles, trucks, suv's, etc. NO, you can not have commercial vehicles unless you keep them in the garage, but what's wrong with that? NO you can't park your boat in the driveway or the yard either. NO you can't park your Motorhome here. Me.. I like that. I want to know that my neighborhood is well kept and always looks nice. I like it that the grass is always mowed and cable and internet is included. I like it that I have all kinds of new stores at my fingertips along with restaurants, events, and a great Publix. I think it's great that the kids have things to do and there are planned events here where everyone.. even you.. can come and enjoy.

So.. if you don't live here.. you have nothing to say about it.

Old 05-01-2008, 07:49 PM

6 posts, read 22,739 times
Well Central may be a "D" school but I can tell you one thing it is a school that cares about its students and does have a lot of good things that somehow get missed. The letter grade is a result of a single test on a single day. There are plenty of parents and graduates who will tell you the experience they had at Central has been a great experience. Those that are unhappy here will be unhappy anywhere. So if you are unhappy remember that you live with yourself the rest of your life and you get the chance to wake up and see yourself every day. Look in the mirror and change that face while you are young.

So where can you park an RV around tradition?

Old 07-11-2008, 10:06 AM

So where can you park an RV around tradition?[/quote]

Easy to look it up on the internet...

St. Lucie West Motorcoach Resort: Outdoor Resorts of America

Old 07-11-2008, 10:05 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times
I live in Martin County now and work in St. Lucie. I've lived a number of other places including San Francisco and Boston. I am pretty liberal, vegetarian, etc. and I feel very much in the minority here. Obviously there is a population of socially liberal people here but having lived in San Francisco there is simply no comparison. There aren't enough to really have many places that specially cater to social liberals. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of replies rain down on me, but again I'm not saying that a liberal subculture doesn't exist here it's just a heck of a lot smaller and harder to find than otehr places I have lived. There are a lot of restaurants, for example, that don't even have a vegetarian option on the menu. Tehre are a lot more chain stores here thasn other places I've lived. I'm not saying don't come; there's somethign here for everyone. But don't expect a thriving counterculture.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I live in Martin County now and work in St. Lucie. I've lived a number of other places including San Francisco and Boston. I am pretty liberal, vegetarian, etc. and I feel very much in the minority here. Obviously there is a population of socially liberal people here but having lived in San Francisco there is simply no comparison. There aren't enough to really have many places that specially cater to social liberals. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of replies rain down on me, but again I'm not saying that a liberal subculture doesn't exist here it's just a heck of a lot smaller and harder to find than otehr places I have lived. There are a lot of restaurants, for example, that don't even have a vegetarian option on the menu. Tehre are a lot more chain stores here thasn other places I've lived. I'm not saying don't come; there's somethign here for everyone. But don't expect a thriving counterculture.

You expect to compare liviing in San Fran to here??? Are you kidding?
I PERSONALLY have been to San Fran 15 times! No...it's not gong to compare in ANY way.

QUOTE: San Francisco has attained the highest population on record with a population of 824,525 on January 1, 2008.

That is NO comparison to our small area.

You had everything 24/7 in San Francisco - a town that never sleeps.
This is a town that sleeps and likes it! For your information there ARE restaurants that DO cater to veggies like youself and there is a new place for shopping that opened just over the bridge on your left on PSL blvd. Why not check it out.

DO NOT think that because we are not like SF - I love visiting there but would NEVER live there- that we are bad folks. Just the opposite. If you want veggie stuff.. head south to PGA and Whole Foods. Also there are lots of restaurants there that cater to you and you alone. Here...we still eat normally - beef, chicken, and whatever and we like it that way.

San Francisco is a totally different culture and lifestyle- there is NO comparison in any way. Why you chose living here is your problem...not ours. Adjust or move. It's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Port St. Lucie - Sebastian - Vero Beach